DISMEET 2022? Is Anyone Interested?

My husband and I just returned from our first camping trip of the season. So, now my thoughts are on the approaching Gettysburg trip. We have signed up for a campsite. Looking through the posts, I see that the Official Meet and Greet is on Thursday, June 23rd. And, a Shady Maple trip is in the making for Wednesday, June 22nd.
Should we update the list of who is coming? Perhaps look at other attractions in the area?

Kathy

My husband and I just returned from our first camping trip of the season. So, now my thoughts are on the approaching Gettysburg trip. We have signed up for a campsite. Looking through the posts, I see that the Official Meet and Greet is on Thursday, June 23rd. And, a Shady Maple trip is in the making for Wednesday, June 22nd.
Should we update the list of who is coming? Perhaps look at other attractions in the area?

Kathy
Kathy,
At this time we have the following coming to Gettysburg.
Pahunter Site 84A 6/17-6/27
SJM9911 Site 83A 6/22-6/26
BenitaN Site 67 6/20-6/26
FtwMike Site 69 6/21-6/27
Garneska Site 4 6/18-6/24
Cruising Spud Site 70 6/19-6/25

All of our southern contingent bailed, as well as the one that agreed to organize this, it's ok their loss.

There are plenty of other things to do. You can tour the battlefield, Walk thru town to see the shops. One thing I do recommend is at the Visitor center for Gettysburg is the cyclorama, it is well worth it.

Someone will have to plan for me lol. To busy with the job crap. I still plan on going, even if I dont have vacation, who knows It may be my retirement month. We will see. But , I probably will not have planning time, except for maybe cooking of food. So will be a pain and asking for stuff to do also.

Someone will have to plan for me lol. To busy with the job crap. I still plan on going, even if I dont have vacation, who knows It may be my retirement month. We will see. But , I probably will not have planning time, except for maybe cooking of food. So will be a pain and asking for stuff to do also.

Actually you were not who I was refering to. You just show up and relax.

as well as the one that agreed to organize this
Ok, I admit, I deserved that. I had good intentions, but had other issues get in the way.
Not making excuses, sometimes I'm about as organized as a barroom brawl.
I will do my best to make good on that in the future Chris, I owe ya that

I am trying to get tickets for the Battlefield Value Package at Gettysburg. It appears they are all sold out for our visit. So, I am going to have to do separate tickets. Does anyone have any ideas as to what tickets we should purchase?

So, Benita, your post inspired me to look at the offerings the Gettysburg National Park had. It seems, to me. that watching the film for background would be a must. The cyclorama and the museum a nice touch. The battlefield tour-a must. I also noticed a new attraction-Ticket to the Past, an Unforgettable Journey, at the Gettysburg Railroad Station. Had some trouble telling exactly what happens during this program (it just opened so no reviews yet.), but looks like it could be interesting.

Last edited:

I finally made a t-shirt. You can see my handsome husband modeling it.
Damien - 2022 Dismeet Shirt.jpg

I have a few more t-shirts I can make but the number and sizes I have are very limited.
  • 1 2XL Women's White V-Neck
  • 1 3XL Women's White V-Neck (I wear a size 18-20 shirt and this was really tight on me)
  • 1 2XL Men's White Crew Neck (For reference, Damien is wearing a 2XL.)
  • 1 XL Men's White Crew Neck
  • 1 2XL Men's Gray Crew Neck
  • 1 3XL Men's Gray Crew Neck
So if you would like a free t-shirt, let me know which size you want and I will bring it with us. Keep in mind I am still a novice when making these, so imperfections are very likely.

Last edited:
Benita, I think the tee shirts would be too large for my husband and myself. If you have extra decals, I would love to buy two from you.

Kathy

Ill take a 2xl? It may fit, if I get to go. If not your hubby will have two! Lol. They look great.

Benita, I will take a 2x gray shirt. As far as Gettysburg, Cyclorama is a must see. There is an auto tour you can do for free. Devils Den is being worked on this year, so not sure how they are handling that area other than it is blocked of in some capacity. Want to head down on the bike to do some other recon of the area also. Weather looks good this week and next.

I am trying to get tickets for the Battlefield Value Package at Gettysburg. It appears they are all sold out for our visit. So, I am going to have to do separate tickets. Does anyone have any ideas as to what tickets we should purchase?
the Film, Cyclorama and Museum Experience. Post when you would like to go or when you purchase tickets, so others may join if they would like

I am still talking it over with the kido. Not sure how much history she can tolorate at 10. We do plan to do a museum and some tours. And thats , if I go, still no word on if we are getting vacation or not. If not , I will have to chose what trips I go on and will use sick time. This will be allowed, but probably frowned upon, as I can not get someone to watch the kido on short notice. Having a week to a month to change plans will be on them. Summer camps booked up here months ago. Will probably find out around the 15th of june. So, its a great idea, and would love to book stuff, just everything is up in the air right now.

Ok booked this. Probably enough for the kido. At least she will learn something, and we will relax. Still not knowing about vacation, but i will be going. Too late now ,booked up. Lol. Screenshot_20220529-182608_Gmail.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!