DISMEET 2022? Is Anyone Interested?

So, as I look at making Gettysburg reservations-the Meet and Greet is Thursday, and, Chris is headed to Lancaster on Wednesday-Yes?

Having never attended a Disboard Meet and Greet-I have a few questioins, if someone could humor me-
#1-Is the Meet and Greet an afternoon gathering or an all day adventure?
#2- Are there food sign ups? Looking at former gatherings, I have seen some people make truly momumental meals. Since Benita already has dibs in for a fruit platter :) , I am afraid that I will be out of my cooking element. Plus, I don't really cook in our rv. But, I did notice that there is a grocery store near-by. I thought I could make a run for something/anything/please don't ask me to cook!!

Thanks for the help.
Kathy

I will bring food, not sure what exactly yet. Unfortunately, or fortunately, with rising gas it was cheaper to string some teips together. And work, well, im leaving earlier , so they can't cancel my vacation if I can't be reached? So , we are doing promised land in pa, then hershey, then Gettysburg. Easier and cheaper to book 4 more days at a campground then drive home from PA and rhen back. So, i will see what room I have when we pack for food. The new freezer/cooler thing is going to come in handy for this trip. We will be on the road on like the 14th.

So, as I look at making Gettysburg reservations-the Meet and Greet is Thursday, and, Chris is headed to Lancaster on Wednesday-Yes?

Having never attended a Disboard Meet and Greet-I have a few questioins, if someone could humor me-
#1-Is the Meet and Greet an afternoon gathering or an all day adventure?
#2- Are there food sign ups? Looking at former gatherings, I have seen some people make truly momumental meals. Since Benita already has dibs in for a fruit platter :) , I am afraid that I will be out of my cooking element. Plus, I don't really cook in our rv. But, I did notice that there is a grocery store near-by. I thought I could make a run for something/anything/please don't ask me to cook!!

Thanks for the help.
Kathy
The meet and greet is usually just dinner that evening and then everyone hanging out after as long as you want.
We have not done a food sign up, we will not need a ton of food, as we just lost two members due to family issues.

Just bought tickets. Tuesday, June 21st at 1:00 for the film, museum, and cyclorama- so we can join the group.

We are doing the bus tour on Wednesday, June 22nd at 1:30. We are leaving pretty early on Saturday, so we can't join the group. And, we considered Lancaster, but we don't want to leave our dog alone too long, so thought we would do the tour instead.

Last edited:
Benita, I think the tee shirts would be too large for my husband and myself. If you have extra decals, I would love to buy two from you.

Kathy
I mailed your iron-ons today. I included directions, but let me know if you need additional guidance.

I will bring food, not sure what exactly yet. Unfortunately, or fortunately, with rising gas it was cheaper to string some teips together. And work, well, im leaving earlier , so they can't cancel my vacation if I can't be reached? So , we are doing promised land in pa, then hershey, then Gettysburg. Easier and cheaper to book 4 more days at a campground then drive home from PA and rhen back. So, i will see what room I have when we pack for food. The new freezer/cooler thing is going to come in handy for this trip. We will be on the road on like the 14th.
We will be camping in North Carolina the week before, then heading to Gettysburg.

I'm so excited to see everyone even if our group is dwindling.

Benita,

Thanks for the heads up about the iron-ons. I will keep an eye out for them.

And, thank you for sending them.

Kathy

Ok, getting ready. Last week dewinderized and sanitized. Today, Washed andwaxed the TT, the quick way with the pressure washer and foam cannon. Restocked the dry goods. Made the beds and got the towles in. Did some maintenance, fixed or broke some wires, lol. Resecured stuff, cleaned it out. Almost ready to roll.

We are nowhere near ready and leave for North Carolina on Sunday. At least I have the stickers and t-shirts made. Our :)
Our Motorhome goes in the shop Wednesday, they say it will be done and back to us on Wednesday the following week with us leaving on Friday.
So will be packing last minute also. Safe travels and enjoy your time in NC.

Getting packed. Tomorrow is test run , basicly to make sure the brakes work, tires are good and pack all non perishables. Then work, then pack food Wednesday and Thursday we are off. Lots to still find and pack. Have to remember where all the amazon stuff is that came over the winter that I didnt kbow I needed!

Have a great trip everyone! Wish I was going to be there….Gettysburg is awesome!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter