DISMEET 2022? Is Anyone Interested?

So Sept 17th and we have landed. Campground is pretty full, a few sites open. Sites are pretty close together, but with the field behind makes the site nice. Left late today and got in after 6pm. Stopped for fuel on way down. Got half a tank of diesel at a cost of 311 dollars. 🤬
Was hot when we arrived, about 92, but as the sun went down cooled off nicely.
Tomorrow is a relax day, and for me to get camera gear up and ready for the rest of the time here. Goodnight all, and safe travels to all that are on the road.

Chris, we are going to start loading the rv today. We arrive tomorrow, hopefully early afternoon. I am actually happy that this is going to be a smaller-size dismeet. I won't feel so overwhelmed trying to match people with names. I'm excited to meet everyone.

Well this morning started with clouds and now the sun has come out. The wind over to has been steady 25mph with higher gusts.
Today is just hanging out around the campsite, may take a ride over to a place I want to visit.
3 sites unoccupied in our area. Lots of MD plates here.

Were at promised land right now. Wind is atually scarry. Prolonged gusts, all day so far and not letting up. Some here are heading out early. Were are undecided. Waiting for it to calm down but it hasn't.

Cruising Spud has arrived and are setting up. Will stop over in a bit to see them. Campground has emptied out nicely, weather is nice, slight breeze. Worked on coach earlier, had a leaking grey water pipe. Still need to change out water pump. Fo now just relaxing. And seeing what else we may want to do this week.

At long last we have WiFi again. Thursday morning my friend "Chainsaw" called me to say he had bad news he was at his Dr. on Wed and they did a Covid Test. Oh happy days he is positive. Now to ensure he is getting out of his residence at least for an hour a day , his wife has End of Life Alzheimer's disease. I pick him up and travel to and from events we regularly attend 3 or 4 nights a week.
Made appointment to get tested Friday morning I should be good. Had it before they knew what it was ( Returned from Disney Jan 31 2020 and was in the hospital for next 8 while they tried to find correct treatment for the undiagnosed strain of Pneumonia) both doses of Moderna vaccine and both boosters. No such luck. I got call Sat. I am Positive. No symptoms but decided against running risk of passing it on. Restricted our activities to our Campsite here in Va. and dog walking field before we head home tomorrow

At long last we have WiFi again. Thursday morning my friend "Chainsaw" called me to say he had bad news he was at his Dr. on Wed and they did a Covid Test. Oh happy days he is positive. Now to ensure he is getting out of his residence at least for an hour a day , his wife has End of Life Alzheimer's disease. I pick him up and travel to and from events we regularly attend 3 or 4 nights a week.
Made appointment to get tested Friday morning I should be good. Had it before they knew what it was ( Returned from Disney Jan 31 2020 and was in the hospital for next 8 while they tried to find correct treatment for the undiagnosed strain of Pneumonia) both doses of Moderna vaccine and both boosters. No such luck. I got call Sat. I am Positive. No symptoms but decided against running risk of passing it on. Restricted our activities to our Campsite here in Va. and dog walking field before we head home tomorrow
Sorry to hear that, but will catch you next go round. Get healthy.

So this morning is another beautiful day in the making. Sun up and light wind. Gonna hit Gettysburger for lunch at some point today. Tonight is our 90 minute ghost tour of the Jenny Wade house.
Campground is emptying further as today is the Juneteenth holiday and people are calling their weekend done. Tomorrows line up is the mueseum and cyclorama. Maybe a quick trip to a monument or two for some photo's.

Visited with Benita and her husband, also Kathy and her husband before we had to head out for the ghost tour. Our tourguide was very good and it was an interesting tour.
Tomorrow we are off to the National Park Mueseum, movie and Cyclorama.
Another beautiful weather day.

Monday, June 20

We arrived safely. We were greeted by Kathy (@cruising spud) and I visited with her while Damien was setting up. Then Chris (@PaHunter) , Jen and Reba came over for a talk. They suggested we eat at Gettysburger. I was all in when then said they had jumbo wings. I love wings. But when I looked at the website, they did not look jumbo at all.

We decided to go to the Blue and Gray Bar and Grill because their wings looked pretty good. We got a seat at the bar because we (i mean me) love talking to people. Let me tell you... those wings were just like I love them. Lightly breaded, full of flavor and just the right amount of heat. I got the rebel, and Damien got mango chipotle.
wings.jpg
Their burgers are named after generals, Damien got the General Hayes (Blackened Patty, Andouille Sausage, Caramelized Onion, Pepper Jack, Sriracha Mayo, Chipotle Mustard, Ciabatta Roll) which was also tasty. He got unity fries which were regular and sweet potato waffle fries. Love the concept.

While there, I asked about a place to get craft cocktails (you all remember my failure with cocktails). This took us to the Upper Crust which we had amazing cocktails. I have a cucumber watermelon mule which was so refreshing. The flavors were perfect. Damien had the honey peach mojito. I do not like peach flavored things, but this was a mighty tasty cocktail. The bar manager told us that she also made the cocktails for Borough BBQ which was next door. So we headed over there. Damien got bourbon (no surprise) and I got a Basil Berry Lemonade... another winner.

We took a stroll around the town, then headed to the Dollar Tree. I try to hit up a Dollar Tree in every area we stay at. Got some nice stuff for crafting and added it to my stash once we got to the camper. I fell asleep watching Midsomer Murders.

It was a great first day.

Glad your all having a good time, we roll in tomorrow. Relaxing now after a full hershey park day. We went last night for a few hours it was packed and we did 2 rides in 3 hours. So, I broke out my phone and decided it was a rope drop day. Good for rides, bad for the kids stamina. Im almost like a general when it comes to planning and spit second decisions. So , we got in 10 regular rides, a few water slides, 5 laps in the lazy river and 1 hour in the wave pool, and were back at the camper at 530. Lol. Planning is everything at amusement parks if you want to ride the rides. Hope to meet everyone soon.

And the wings look good. Promised the kido we would go out for a normal dinner after camp food and roughing it. Shes a glamper. My fault for spoiling my only kid.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter