• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Disillusioned with SSR

If you have any doubts then don't do it! I have changed my mind three times. It's alot of money that your investing and it's soo exciting that you can get caught up in it all. I say sit down take a deep breath and look at all your options. Go to some resale sights see if they have something you might be interested in. The only thing that might be an advantage is you get more vacation years with SSR. My husband wanted SSR because of this. Is location important to you? Is the atomsphere? I have a friend who will not stay at the Wilderness Lodge Villas because she says she grew up in Washington State Looking at pine trees all her life! I will tell you I did not chose SSR. Just my own preference. I chose by picking the one I liked the most by the location, the atmosphere. I chose the one that I felt I could stay at every year if nothing else was available and be absolutely content. Hope this helps! Just think it over carefully!

i just hope the pool is as much fun as storm along bay, the place looks to be pretty big so the pool should be real nice ...

We decided to purchase a resale of BCV since that's the one we want to go to most. Now I don't have any doubts.

I spoke with MS last week on this very subject. I was told that SSR owners could book at other resorts starting in December as long as it was within the 7 month window. That said, good luck on your purchase at BCV! I hope your ROFR passes and we are welcoming you home soon!

I just Added on at SSR. I want to use my points for a cruise this July. My guide told me I can't book a cruise using these points until after I close which will be sometime in April. What he said I will have to do is book using my VWL points and pay cash for the rest. Then once my SSR points become available I can convert the cash ressie over to points

Luvdisney,

You're correct. I believe you can't book cruises, Disney collection, etc. until after you close.

We booked YC Concierge with pts and we werer thinking about doing it with BCV points and we couldn't because we hadn't closed yet.

Of course, you can book the DVC properties before you close.

Originally posted by rtwhite
I spoke with MS last week on this very subject. I was told that SSR owners could book at other resorts starting in December as long as it was within the 7 month window.

Is this date different if you want to book a Disney Cruise or Concierge collection or anything outside of WDW?

I don't know if you can book Concierge Collection or a cruise. I just asked about the on property resorts. Sorry I couldn't help.

Bluejean,

I think you made the right decision! I'd look for a Beach Club package. Especially since you think that's where you want to stay the most. VWL and BCV are the smallest DVC resorts and I think those 11-month booking windows are going to become more important as Saratoga adds members.

Good luck and keep us posted how everything goes for you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter