Diser's for CMO!

Status
Not open for further replies.
They better let us know on Thursday! The rules say:

"All "Top 20" Finalists will be notified by e-mail, and overnight mail on or about February 7, 2008."

On or About?

Actually I find the waiting kind of exciting -- at least right now I can dream about it and believe I have a chance.

Come Thursday, that'll change ... unless a miracle happens!;)

wait, what happens thursday? what did I miss? :confused3

From the CMO official rules:
All "Top 20" Finalists will be notified by e-mail, and overnight mail on or about February 7, 2008.

Also this (I saw this for the first time just this afternoon...it is next to an avator of Donald!)
[15:22 EST] - Donald Dream CMO ...hopefully I didn't leave a trace of my Qua-hack into the DreamCMO site. Hopefully no one will find out about my upcoming Qua-hack on Feb 11th - Donald :)

Hey Ann!

Where did you see that? :)

This is exciting! I don't know how to do the link stuff. But I'll let you know if I make top 20.

They better let us know on Thursday! The rules say:

"All "Top 20" Finalists will be notified by e-mail, and overnight mail on or about February 7, 2008."

On or About?

Well, with even e-mail sometimes there's delays in sending and if they send out the email past 9 pm on Thursday on the West Coast, then on the East Coast it would arrive on Friday. Less than 2 days! :hyper:

I am counting down the hours until they chose the top 20 (I hope I hear something!) Even if I don't get chosen, I want to see what type of video meets the cmo job requirements

:badpc:

Holy cow! 1300 entries!

Here's a question: Do you guys think that they are making decisions solely based on the video? Or do you think they are giving the written part of the application any sort of weight?

Holy cow! 1300 entries!

Here's a question: Do you guys think that they are making decisions solely based on the video? Or do you think they are giving the written part of the application any sort of weight?

I think a lot will be taken into account for picking the top 20.

Holy cow! 1300 entries!

With 1300 applicants they are taking the best of both...if I was in charge of picking the CMO, I'd have a team reading the essays and picking their top 50? 100? 150? and then a team watching the videos and picking their top 50-150? Then compare the two lists to find matches and whittle down from there.

Anyway, just my 2 cents!:goodvibes

1300 sure is a lot - I wonder if they really will have a decision by tomorrow...or if it will take them longer to evaluate?

As I pointed out in a earlier post, they said on or about February 7, but I was just kidding before. Now I'm not so sure we will find out the top 20 tomorrow.

This is just speculation on my part - mainly so I don't go crazy if we don't get word tomorrow, and it takes a little longer.

My husband and I were just talking about this the other day. (I've forced him to watch more video submissions than I care to admit... :rolleyes1)

Hi! :wave2: 'Just thought I'd come out of "lurking" to comment. (Although I didn't enter the contest, I've been religiously following this thread and having a great time watching entries on the dreamcmo.com web site -- at the expense of other household projects. :rolleyes1 I can't help myself. They're just so much fun!)

Anyway, we both agreed that we don't envy the judges, who have a tough job ahead of them. We also figured that you really have to consider the full package (video, essay, personality). While some of the videos are absolutely brilliant, I get the sense that -- in some cases -- the applicant might not be completely at ease in front of large groups of people. They also might not look the part of a Disney Dream CMO -- whatever said "look" may be! ;) So, high-end editing software and technical savvy alone does not make a Dream CMO -- although I"m sure it helps [make the video stand out]!

For what it's worth... :flower3:

Best wishes to all who entered!

I'm sure they're taking the essays into consideration, or else why would they have asked for them in the first place. I like Marshay's idea of two sets of judges comparing each aspect and then comparing notes, that would be a smart way to judge without bias. But who knows, really?

I do wish I'd spent more time on the essay answers, though! I think my answers were okay, but I know I could have made them better if I'd applied myself. I spent more time thinking about the video and how I wanted that to look than the essays. Oh, well, at least I entered...last year I kept kicking myself for not entering, so at least I took the plunge this year.

Hopefully only one more day of waiting before we know if any of us made it! popcorn::

I agree that the essays will be important. I also (being as honest as possible) think there are many many many videos that will barely be considered....there were some that were completely uninteligible and/or problamatic in some other way. That said, I also wish I would have taken more time with the writing. I couldn't tell how much they wanted, but the boxes were very small.
I for one, believe the top 20 will hear tomorrow.

Anne

I hope you're right luvsTink! I'm driving everyone crazy about this, and they want us to find out tomorrow! :)

I agree that the essays will be important. I also (being as honest as possible) think there are many many many videos that will barely be considered....there were some that were completely uninteligible and/or problamatic in some other way. That said, I also wish I would have taken more time with the writing. I couldn't tell how much they wanted, but the boxes were very small.
I for one, believe the top 20 will hear tomorrow.

Anne

The boxes were small but they all let you scroll down. I wrote three paragrahs for one of the small answers. :rotfl: .

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter