Discovery Cove - ticket price

parkbr

Mouseketeer
Hi,
I see Discovery Cove is $299/day/person for experience with Dolphin - and that price just got changed to $324 or $349 recently. (for Feb)
I have not really following the ticket price of this in the past and I was wondering if this is a good/bad/regular price?
I read people saying about BF deals, some sales, etc., and I wonder if I should wait until the sale.
Also, is the Signature Dolphin Swim Package worth extra $$?
Thanks!

Their prices vary quite a lot seasonally, and also as your date nears the tickets get more expensive. If you can buy significantly in advance, that's always the best savings. Significantly in advance + black friday savings is even better. Although they seem to do similar sales to black friday extending a while after that, almost to Christmas I believe.

The dolphin add-on is worth it if you would like to interact with a dolphin. You generally can't go interact with a dolphin elsewhere for less than you'd pay for the upgrade on a DC ticket. Unless the interaction elsewhere is just feeding. If you haven't done it, I would. Though to be fair, I've only gotten tickets on sale such that adding the dolphin swim was not all that expensive. Only you know your budget. I would rather do DC w/ no dolphin interaction, than skip DC altogether.

The best deal I’ve seen is Black Friday and always wait until then to buy tickets if I can. We do the dolphin swim as well because we think it’s with the extra.

Black Friday is by far the best deal. My young adult kids have done the dolphin swim twice and are over it, when there are loungers and unlimited drinks to be had. It takes a lot of time.

Their prices vary quite a lot seasonally, and also as your date nears the tickets get more expensive. If you can buy significantly in advance, that's always the best savings. Significantly in advance + black friday savings is even better. Although they seem to do similar sales to black friday extending a while after that, almost to Christmas I believe.

The dolphin add-on is worth it if you would like to interact with a dolphin. You generally can't go interact with a dolphin elsewhere for less than you'd pay for the upgrade on a DC ticket. Unless the interaction elsewhere is just feeding. If you haven't done it, I would. Though to be fair, I've only gotten tickets on sale such that adding the dolphin swim was not all that expensive. Only you know your budget. I would rather do DC w/ no dolphin interaction, than skip DC altogether.

Thank you very much. We will sait for BF sale then. I think our daughter can wait another year. Lol!

Black Friday is by far the best deal. My young adult kids have done the dolphin swim twice and are over it, when there are loungers and unlimited drinks to be had. It takes a lot of time.
Thank you. How old were they when they did the dolphin swim?

My kids did the dolphin swim mid teens. Then last trip when my daughter and her hubby were 26. They said the first time was interesting and enjoyed it, but the second time they realized how long it took. When there were all those free fruity boozy drinks calling their names. 🍹🍺🍷:drinking1

My kids did the dolphin swim mid teens. Then last trip when my daughter and her hubby were 26. They said the first time was interesting and enjoyed it, but the second time they realized how long it took. When there were all those free fruity boozy drinks calling their names. 🍹🍺🍷:drinking1
I see. I will see if I can get something in next year. :)
Does it take very long to do dophin swim?

Hahahaha. Free drinks eh! Lol.

For information purposes ... Discovery Cove charges a Resort Fee now $19.99 each plus tax plus service fee. It adds up past the daily fee. Going next week, got a deal but still stings.

From checkin to orientation to dolphin swim I think it was well over an hour?

For information purposes ... Discovery Cove charges a Resort Fee now $19.99 each plus tax plus service fee. It adds up past the daily fee. Going next week, got a deal but still stings.
Oh wow. That is crazy!!

Hope you enjoy your day! :)

Oh wow. That is crazy!!

Hope you enjoy your day! :)
Thanks. We are doing Resort Day, no Dolphin etc. We have done this about 5 times, Dolphin Swim once. We haven't been since maybe 2015 ... so we'll see what has changed but we've always had outstanding experiences.

Can you please tell me what you did? And how much it was etc?
Prices vary all over the place based on the date and any special discounts you can get. We were able to get a Florida Resident discount so it brought our ticket down to $120 (plus the $20 resort fee).

We did the Day Resort Pass only. We've already done the Dolphin Swim and had no interest in the Snuba or other upsells.

What was included: Parking, Buffet Breakfast, Buffet Lunch, Beer & Wine, Sodas, Icees, Tea, Lemonade etc. Soft Pretzels, Cookies, variety of chips and wrapped snacks, Pizza, Vanilla or Pineapple soft serve ice cream. All of this is all you want. Pizza went to 4:30 (park closed at 5). There is a wide range bar for purchase or a beverage package.

Also includes Loungers throughout the park (you can rent beach cabanas or private very nice cabanas), towels, lotion (special for fish), wet vest or wet suit, noodles, life vests, masks and snorkels. Snorkels you take home. Lockers, Bathroom/changing/shower rooms that are nice including shampoo and soap. Outdoor showers as well for use all day.

We picked loungers in the middle between snorkel area and lazy river and resort pool area. We looked at the dolphin so it was fun to listen to them chipper while we rested. Picked two loungers connected by table and umbrella but under a palm tree as well.

Spent day just jumping around to different areas, repeating. Snorkeling was big, Lazy River and Resort Pool, loved the Aviary feeding the birds, we saw a few of the animal encounters; flamingos, pangolin, kookaburra. We floated in the old reef area which we can see marmosets and otters. We hit the different snack/bars for soft pretzels, ice cream, cookies and drinks. We had breakfast on arrival and a later lunch. You can stay busy all day long and we don't stay at loungers much, just a home base.

333610144_919202129522466_8967765006853416605_n.jpg333565982_736634714722246_7481923203729831045_n.jpg332874730_1364489040993790_3840950491790575384_n.jpg

332751407_170238082429666_2817068559299263371_n.jpg333261055_917984562778754_4760481581375140430_n.jpgRIMG0051.JPGRIMG0081.JPGRIMG0146.JPGRIMG0192.JPG

Attachments

• 333698253_1884640921897347_8260084327601733831_n.jpg
    333698253_1884640921897347_8260084327601733831_n.jpg
    161.8 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Prices vary all over the place based on the date and any special discounts you can get. We were able to get a Florida Resident discount so it brought our ticket down to $120 (plus the $20 resort fee).

We did the Day Resort Pass only. We've already done the Dolphin Swim and had no interest in the Snuba or other upsells.

What was included: Parking, Buffet Breakfast, Buffet Lunch, Beer & Wine, Sodas, Icees, Tea, Lemonade etc. Soft Pretzels, Cookies, variety of chips and wrapped snacks, Pizza, Vanilla or Pineapple soft serve ice cream. All of this is all you want. Pizza went to 4:30 (park closed at 5). There is a wide range bar for purchase or a beverage package.

Also includes Loungers throughout the park (you can rent beach cabanas or private very nice cabanas), towels, lotion (special for fish), wet vest or wet suit, noodles, life vests, masks and snorkels. Snorkels you take home. Lockers, Bathroom/changing/shower rooms that are nice including shampoo and soap. Outdoor showers as well for use all day.

We picked loungers in the middle between snorkel area and lazy river and resort pool area. We looked at the dolphin so it was fun to listen to them chipper while we rested. Picked two loungers connected by table and umbrella but under a palm tree as well.

Spent day just jumping around to different areas, repeating. Snorkeling was big, Lazy River and Resort Pool, loved the Aviary feeding the birds, we saw a few of the animal encounters; flamingos, pangolin, kookaburra. We floated in the old reef area which we can see marmosets and otters. We hit the different snack/bars for soft pretzels, ice cream, cookies and drinks. We had breakfast on arrival and a later lunch. You can stay busy all day long and we don't stay at loungers much, just a home base.
WOW!
This looks amazing. We'll definitely try next time we visit the area and will look for tickets early!
I see that they have 20% off now. I wish it was there before.. :(

WOW!
This looks amazing. We'll definitely try next time we visit the area and will look for tickets early!
I see that they have 20% off now. I wish it was there before.. :(
They run sales off and on. We bought our tickets last September for last weekend. They also run big sales on Black Friday. And don't rule out some of the combos, they can make a visit to SeaWorld an easy add on. We once did the whole family a couple weeks before Christmas (DD was doing DCP so we took an early Christmas to her) and I got the Resort Pass for $99 total using a UK sales link. No issues on getting that rate.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter