Discovery Cove is it worth getting dvd

libbylast

Mouseketeer
HI All

I have heard you can get day filmed. Is it worth it and any idea of cost?

Thanks
Angie

We went to DC at the end of December. There are photographers around the Park during the day taking pictures (in the Aviary, along the river, and the dolphin encounters of course). The video only includes your group dolphin encounter. There were 2 photo packages - 3 "6X8" photos for $50 or a deluxe package that included 6 photos, 2 keychains, and a CD of all pictures taken of you during the day for $135. If you wanted to purchase the DVD it was an additional $50 (it wasn't part of any package). You could also purchase photos a la carte for a higher price. You can order the DVD and then view it later in the day and then decide if you want to take it or not. I was a little reluctant to spend almost $200 on pictures for the day ($135 package + DVD), but as my husband said - we spent almost $1100 for the 4 of us to be there that day and we would probably never be able to do it again - what's another $200? Now I'm glad we did. One thing I was a little disappointed with was that during our dolphin encounter, our dolphin was not cooperating at the beginning and at one point, splashed our trainer (with my husband & I standing right behind her) with it's tail. He did this twice and we all thought it was quite funny. They cut that part out of the video - guess they don't want footage showing up on YouTube showing the dolphins acting up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter