Discovery Cove discounts?

Dust2

Mouseketeer
We are taking a Disney cruise (hopefully)) and are planning on booking a dolphin experience in Nassau if available. If we don’t make that stop, I would like to book Discovery Cove as our plan b after the cruise. When is the cheapest time to book these tickets and does the dolphin experience sell out? Right now the promo is the regular $199 price, but free premium drinks upgrade. Is that a good deal or should I hold out? We would be going on 11/12. Thank you for your help!

I think SeaWorld does some Black Friday deals, but that wouldn't be in time for your trip.

FYI, there is a whole SeaWorld thread that might be better able to help!

We are taking a Disney cruise (hopefully)) and are planning on booking a dolphin experience in Nassau if available. If we don’t make that stop, I would like to book Discovery Cove as our plan b after the cruise. When is the cheapest time to book these tickets and does the dolphin experience sell out? Right now the promo is the regular $199 price, but free premium drinks upgrade. Is that a good deal or should I hold out? We would be going on 11/12. Thank you for your help!

Does that $199 include the Dolphin Experience or is that just a Resort Day? Depending on time of year that might be a good price if Dolphin.

I would look at AAA and Tickets At Work if you have those options. Just glancing at a third party ticket company they have a package now that is $177.

I have been about 6 times and always gone discounted, it sometimes take some poking. Once I bought tickets via a UK broker.

Does that $199 include the Dolphin Experience or is that just a Resort Day? Depending on time of year that might be a good price if Dolphin.

I would look at AAA and Tickets At Work if you have those options. Just glancing at a third party ticket company they have a package now that is $177.

I have been about 6 times and always gone discounted, it sometimes take some poking. Once I bought tickets via a UK broker.
Thank you for the suggestions. Yes, $199 includes a dolphin swim.

That would be good looks like their website says $299 including the premium drink upgrade.
I didn’t realize that the tickets have date specific prices. It’s $274 on the day we want to go😑. Now we I’m really going to need to find a discount!

I didn’t realize that the tickets have date specific prices. It’s $274 on the day we want to go😑. Now we I’m really going to need to find a discount!

Yes and they can fluctuate ALOT! Look at some third party folks. The numbers let in are finite so these companies have already held some of the reservations.

And verify that you really want the premium drink package. For us we did fine without the upgraded drinks. You might find a deal that is just the standard drinks.

Are you a T Mobile customer? If so, check Discovery Cove's rates for your specific date through the T Mobile Tuesday app. Their prices on some dates are as good as our passmember discounted rates.

I expect that there will be decent discounts come Sept. They seem to discount the "winter" months as it's just not their peak season.

Last Sept/Oct they had crazy discounts; granted that there will probably never be such good deals again.

I found out the hard way closer to the trip, the price drops. Its not guaranteed, but has happened to me twice. This past trip especially stung when I paid $1100 for our 3 tix, which included the upgrade beverage package, but 2 of 3 are under 21. A month before our trip, they had a promo of up to 40% off. I looked at what I bought and our tix would have been $700ish. (without upgrade on alcohol, which I only had one out of spite because I paid $400 for it!! Otherwise I dont drink hard liquor).

In 2019, I got a good price, but the offer came out slightly before the 30 day full refund policy, so I was able to rebook.

On the flip side, I have seen ridiculous prices increase during spring break weeks. We typically go end of summer or October.

I found out the hard way closer to the trip, the price drops. Its not guaranteed, but has happened to me twice. This past trip especially stung when I paid $1100 for our 3 tix, which included the upgrade beverage package, but 2 of 3 are under 21. A month before our trip, they had a promo of up to 40% off. I looked at what I bought and our tix would have been $700ish. (without upgrade on alcohol, which I only had one out of spite because I paid $400 for it!! Otherwise I dont drink hard liquor).

In 2019, I got a good price, but the offer came out slightly before the 30 day full refund policy, so I was able to rebook.

On the flip side, I have seen ridiculous prices increase during spring break weeks. We typically go end of summer or October.
Thank you for this! We will likely have to roll the dice since our cruise details are so up in the air. The more DC videos I watch, the more we want to go. The lazy river looks amazing! I’m wondering how the dolphin swim compares to the one offered in Nassau. Maybe we should choose DC even if our ship makes the stop in Nassau?

Thank you for this! We will likely have to roll the dice since our cruise details are so up in the air. The more DC videos I watch, the more we want to go. The lazy river looks amazing! I’m wondering how the dolphin swim compares to the one offered in Nassau. Maybe we should choose DC even if our ship makes the stop in Nassau?
We've done one in the Bahamas (Blue Lagoon). Its equivalent. Although your time with the dolphins is approx 40 minutes, YOU are only with the dolphin about 3 - 4 minutes. A 50 yard swim, with you holding the dolphin and another 2 or so minutes petting, and kissing the dolphin. Professional photographers take pictures of this and then try to sell them to you for $200 - $300 right before you leave the park (DC...it was way cheaper at BL..maybe $100 with a frame)! Im always a sucker for this (my kids pictures) and buy them!!

As for the remainder of the day in DC, its AMAZING. I swear they put aloe in the lazy river! Water is so smooth and relaxing. Snorkeling is super fun too. You would never now you were in the middle of Orlando, FL! The animal and bird exhibits are good too. Out of all the theme parks in Orlando/LBV, this is by far my favorite and Im a HUGE Disney fan!! Its just a stress free day, off your feet, good food/beverages, all inclusive and never crowded. They limit # of guests per day. I LOVE DC!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter