Discounts coming?

cweather

Earning My Ears
When I got onto WDW site to price out a vacation package today it said that starting December 3rd there would be work done to the online reservation system and that it should be back up December the 4th. Seems like that happened last time when they put out the stay, play, and dine. Anyone have a guess as to when you think the discounts will be?

When I got onto WDW site to price out a vacation package today it said that starting December 3rd there would be work done to the online reservation system and that it should be back up December the 4th. Seems like that happened last time when they put out the stay, play, and dine. Anyone have a guess as to when you think the discounts will be?

Exact same thing that happened with SPD .... I have been trying to book forever, knowing of course that there would be discounts coming and was originally looking at Feb ... so when the page went down it was a monday or tues, I knew something was coming, and sure enough on weds, boom there it was ! lets HOPE its the same thing again !!!

fingers crossed...I saved a vacation price for a June trip that I had looked at on the Disney web site, then a couple of days later they sent an email with an offer number to call about (not a pin number). When I called the "offer" was just for resort rack rate...some offer....Disney, quit getting my hopes up...give us a discount!

We wait every year for the April discount to be released. For the last three years we have booked between Nov. 30th - Dec. 1.

I too am crossing my fingers for discounts this Monday. :thumbsup2

I would be SOOOOOO happy if Monday were discount day!! :rolleyes1 We've got our June trip all booked, so I REALLY want to get some of that credited back. it would be lovely!

HOLY COW!! I just thought of something.... Monday is our 180 days for making ADR's! Is the whole site going to be down or will I still be able to make dining reservations ? (hopefully someone knows....)

I hope so!!! It would make me REALLY happy to save a few bucks for our March vacation.

I would be SOOOOOO happy if Monday were discount day!! :rolleyes1 We've got our June trip all booked, so I REALLY want to get some of that credited back. it would be lovely!

HOLY COW!! I just thought of something.... Monday is our 180 days for making ADR's! Is the whole site going to be down or will I still be able to make dining reservations ? (hopefully someone knows....)

The paragraph starts: "Please be advised that we will be updating our systems to serve you better. During this enhancement, beginning on December 3 at 5 p.m. ET, online bookings and bookings through the Disney Reservation Center will be unavailable. We expect to return to full functionality by the afternoon of December 4. Please note that these dates and times are subject to change. We apologize in advance for any inconvenience."

So your Monday morning festivities won't be affected, but I'd write down all your confirmation numbers to make sure.

If you can't make them online you can call and make them via the dining line. You could try at 6a EST on the website, if down, start calling at 7a when the lines open up!

Am I dreaming that a better deal than SPD will come up for February????

Probably :lmao: But I'll join your dream train. FD would save us about $500 more.

If you can't make them online you can call and make them via the dining line. You could try at 6a EST on the website, if down, start calling at 7a when the lines open up!

I called them and stupid me...... it says that their site goes down 12.3.12 at 5 pm through mid-day 12.4.12 !!! :rolleyes1 Sooooo...... I'll be able to make our ADR's that morning just fine since it won't go down until dinner time.

if I only read that first..... ;)

Did anyone notice they changed the wording on the SPD offer? It no longer says "book by December 31st" It doesn't say when it ends.

Where are new discounts listed first? Do I check Mousesavers or the Disney Reservation website first? Others? Any thoughts?

Oh I'm hoping!!!! Our room-only discount for this past April came out a year ago today and I'm really hoping we get something for next year too!:goodvibes

Where are new discounts listed first? Do I check Mousesavers or the Disney Reservation website first? Others? Any thoughts?

I'd check in here a few days prior as well in case they release it to the Visa Card holders first. They'll post the details here if they get first dibs.

Did anyone notice they changed the wording on the SPD offer? It no longer says "book by December 31st" It doesn't say when it ends.

If you click onto the discount it still says book by December 31st right above the 'check availability' button.

I called a few days ago and asked if there was any discount better than the room only discount for February.

I said, "Is there a package like free dining available?" and she said "No yet!"

I repeated the "Not yet??" and she said that's correct. She didn't comment further, just gave me the Stay Dine Play quote. I didn't book, because that was still too high for us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!