DISCOUNT CODES = HIGHER PRICES??!!!!

Yay2001

Well, we all shine on ...
I went to the Alamo web site trying to find a good deal on a car for our June trip (10 days, Tampa Airport). Went through the "check rates" page; without entering ANY discount codes, I was given a base rate of $247.96 on 4-door intermediate. I started over, and entered my entertainment book 15% discount code. Imagine my surprise when I was quoted a HIGHER base rate: 281.96 !!

I did this *twice* -- just to make sure I was entering the right dates, codes, etc. I then went their "special offers" page, and noticed a discount of 20% for mastercard users. Same thing: Got the lower price using *no* codes!!

What's up with this? I'm extremely bewildered and frustrated -- has anyone else had this problem?

I noticed the same thing, I did the entertainment book and coupons from BJ's.

The best rate got was by using code YQ..its listed on their site. I booked a mini van through them for next month

you just have to gather your codes & coupons together & try them all! In every possible combination...

And watch for lower rates for bigger cars!

I have seen this happen several times while researching rental car rates. Always be sure to check the regular rates with no codes first! It MAY be cheapest! :)

<font face="papyrus"><font size=2><font color=blue>BethR
Budget BoardCo-Host
Co-Host of The Rewards Board
BethR@wdwinfo.com</font>
poohsnow.gif

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest