Disboutiquers Part 13 Kids Disney Boutique / Customs Clothes psst..we sew

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wanted to post pics of the Minnie dot dress and ds's mickey bowling shirt. I couldn't post before our trip because I didn't finish them until the night before we left.:goodvibes

Thank so much Jenny (Enchanted Princess) for the minnie dot fabric! I'm super happy with the dress! The bowling shirt is less than perfect. My machine kept messing up the button holes. UGH. It's so undependable!! But, I did figure out why the placket on the last shirt I did was too long! I forgot to cut the pattern piece to the right size. OOPS!

IMG_5101.jpg

IMG_5105.jpg

Adorable! And I love the bowling shirt! I must find something like that in toddler/infant

(now I know why all my friends with sons whined when I got my first girl 12 years ago...then another...then another. I love my little guys but it's hard to dress them!)

Hey Brook- oh yeah, its swelling, its actually not as bad as my first PG, but weight is weight. Oh yeah, Im doing it all- water, water, water, low salt, low fat (well most of the time) plenty of greens and asparagus and all the other stuff my CNMs suggest. But I still have 55lbs to lose. But last time I had close to 80lbs to lose by the time I had the baby!!!
my BP is usually like 108-110 over 65-70- so really low.
Adi- Im a "fluffy" girl too- actually Im big boned, really. DH's wrist bones are half the size of mine.....I was somehow cursed with these prehistoric thick bones, from some relatives in my past apparently (this is what my parents say, I keep asking if Im adopted, or if the milkman was my father), both my parents are little people and so is my brother- with a high metabolism- NOT ME. But I know I can lose it again- if I can lose 80, I can lose 55.

I should post "before" and "after" pics from last time. I got to be VERY large. i weighed around 250 and dropped down to 165

Hi Guys,

A month or so ago I posted this itty bitty dress and the baby rag quilt - well, this picture is of the REAL THING!! Baby Julia!!! I think she is about 7 weeks old!!
babyjulia.jpg

My Make a Wish package is finished!! The Disney Dogs shirt for Joseph, and Disney Cats shirt for Abbigail - plus a pink bow and a pooh bow (Im not good at bows, do you think these re okay to send?)

102_1076.jpg

102_1077.jpg

this bow
102_1075.jpg

to go with this story book twirl...
102_1073-1.jpg

Aww baby cuteness!!! :) What a sweetie!

I love the designs on the shirts!

Hmm, if anyone ever needs help with that let me know, it's one thing I CAN do! :)

As far as baby weight, I did the water retention thing too..but usually within 2 weeks of giving birth I'd end up weighing less than BEFORE I got pregnant! The weight always found me again, though..drat!

My hubby knows the "am I adopted" feel...well he was adopted by his dad but his mom is his biomom. His mom and sister are like 5'2 like me...I don't know if his sis even weighs 100 lbs..and hubby is 6'6 and a solid 300 lbs! I always think from far away I must look like a little kid holding his hand! Every family picture has my hubby at least a foot taller than everyone else.

Anybody willing and able to help?? I am attempting my first dress! I purchased Carlas stripework jumper pattern and I measured my daughter. I am confused after that. I have her from shoulders to the finished length at 20 inches. How to I figure out what comes next?

Desired Finished Length
-
Bodice Length
-
Ruffle Length
+
0. 5*
=
Strip/Block Length
That is what it says to do?? !! :scared1: Please help. How do I know how big to do the bodice?

I wanted to post pics of the Minnie dot dress and ds's mickey bowling shirt. I couldn't post before our trip because I didn't finish them until the night before we left.:goodvibes

Thank so much Jenny (Enchanted Princess) for the minnie dot fabric! I'm super happy with the dress! The bowling shirt is less than perfect. My machine kept messing up the button holes. UGH. It's so undependable!! But, I did figure out why the placket on the last shirt I did was too long! I forgot to cut the pattern piece to the right size. OOPS!

IMG_5101.jpg

IMG_5105.jpg

Those are ADORABLE! You guys are so creative!!!

Hmm, Brook, I don't think I could get my husband and inlaws to extend their vacation...I can see it now.."But, but...we HAVE to! I have too many customs for only FIVE days!" hehe!

As it is right now we'll be at HS on Monday, MK on Tuesday, Epcot on Wednesday, Thursday split between HS (50's primetime)/LaNouba (OMG CIRQUE OUTFITS I MUST FIND SOME!)/LeCellier for ONLY The Husband and me, and then Friday I have no clue after Ohana breakfast!

Kara, that's too cute!

Hey Melissa, did you get the skirt figured? I thought it looked good!

20th we are doing a resort day, 21st epcot, 22nd MK, 23DHS, 24th epcot

It looks like we will both be at DHS on Thursday:cheer2:

Hey Brook- oh yeah, its swelling, its actually not as bad as my first PG, but weight is weight. Oh yeah, Im doing it all- water, water, water, low salt, low fat (well most of the time) plenty of greens and asparagus and all the other stuff my CNMs suggest. But I still have 55lbs to lose. But last time I had close to 80lbs to lose by the time I had the baby!!!
my BP is usually like 108-110 over 65-70- so really low.
Adi- Im a "fluffy" girl too- actually Im big boned, really. DH's wrist bones are half the size of mine.....I was somehow cursed with these prehistoric thick bones, from some relatives in my past apparently (this is what my parents say, I keep asking if Im adopted, or if the milkman was my father), both my parents are little people and so is my brother- with a high metabolism- NOT ME. But I know I can lose it again- if I can lose 80, I can lose 55.

I should post "before" and "after" pics from last time. I got to be VERY large. i weighed around 250 and dropped down to 165

Oh I'm big boned too (stupid big bones make me have broad shoulders, boo!). . . but I've got fluffiness over that. . .

IMG_5101.jpg

IMG_5105.jpg
Oh they are so cute.

Hmm, Brook, I don't think I could get my husband and inlaws to extend their vacation...I can see it now.."But, but...we HAVE to! I have too many customs for only FIVE days!" hehe!

As it is right now we'll be at HS on Monday, MK on Tuesday, Epcot on Wednesday, Thursday split between HS (50's primetime)/LaNouba (OMG CIRQUE OUTFITS I MUST FIND SOME!)/LeCellier for ONLY The Husband and me, and then Friday I have no clue after Ohana breakfast!

Kara, that's too cute!

Hey Melissa, did you get the skirt figured? I thought it looked good!
Yes I am keeping it and I found a model just for you.

Hi Guys,

A month or so ago I posted this itty bitty dress and the baby rag quilt - well, this picture is of the REAL THING!! Baby Julia!!! I think she is about 7 weeks old!!
babyjulia.jpg

My Make a Wish package is finished!! The Disney Dogs shirt for Joseph, and Disney Cats shirt for Abbigail - plus a pink bow and a pooh bow (Im not good at bows, do you think these re okay to send?)

102_1076.jpg

102_1077.jpg

this bow
102_1075.jpg

to go with this story book twirl...
102_1073-1.jpg

Oh what a beautiful litt baby girl. I love all the maw things great job.

And thank you to all for your opnions on the polkheart skirt. Her is My Megan modeling.

IMG_1292.jpg

IMG_1291.jpg

IMG_1293.jpg

Glad you think I'm funny :cool1:

You look so adorable, though I know you are in so much pain. . . I am a "big girl" (thick, chunky, whatever you want to call it) to begin with and I just look fatter at this point (at least I think so), not like all the skinny people looking all preggo. I was sort of annoyed the other day at the maternity center. There were three other women there that are due in October (one was a student midwife). . .anyhow, they has their cute little baby bumps and here I am just looking fat. . . I didn't know how to feel. I guess it is this whole first time thing, but geeze. . . I know once I look it I'll regret wanting to because it won't be comfy, but some days I can't wait to look like you do now!! I know, you must think I'm losing it :rotfl:

Now. . . where to get maternity clothes in "plus" sizes (14 and up) . . . I am so mad at Lane Bryant for not selling it anymore (though their regular stuff is too expensive unles son sale, I'm a target/old navy on sale/walmart kind of girl usually), and I hate buying stuff blindly offline. . . ugh.
I know that some malls have a JCPenny's maternity store. I got clothes there when I was PG with Jenna. They still have one here in our mall. I think it is succeeding here, because it is the only shop like it in this whole darn town.

Googled some stores for you in Miami.

This is Motherhood Maternity and they have a plus size selection and they have a lot of locations in your area.
http://www.motherhood.com/MapquestStoreLocator.asp

Some of these others are a bit more price wise.
http://www.apeainthepod.com/
http://www.hipmamacouture.com/

Adorable! And I love the bowling shirt! I must find something like that in toddler/infantQUOTE]

The bowling shirt comes in toddler/infant. I made it for my DGS when he was 8 months old, I made a 6 month size. (DGS is small) It is CarlaC's Bowling Shirt from YouCanMakeThis.com.

I think I have heard of ladies doing that on her and then mailing home their dirty clothes. What a great idea that was.

LOL This is where I remind you my husband's computer is right next to mine, and if he sees me wanting to ship boxes of clothes out for a 5 day trip, he'll hyperventilate!

Hmm, I need another project, but I'm guessing it's probably too soon to design the 2010 princess dress, huh? :rotfl2:

I mailed dirty clothes home last year :rotfl:

Dirty stinky BOY sneakers as well :lmao:
Great thinking. :worship:

LOL This is where I remind you my husband's computer is right next to mine, and if he sees me wanted to ship boxes of clothes out for a 5 day trip, he'll hyperventilate!

Hmm, I need another project, but I'm guessing it's probably too soon to design the 2010 princess dress, huh? :rotfl2:

He who don't know wont hurt him.:surfweb::rotfl::rotfl2::rolleyes1 :lmao:
He will probly think you are the smartest woman alive just think of the air fair youll save when checking baggage. (mind you I have never been to the world and never had to fly with 5 days work of customs for 5 kids.) but I have heard its not cheap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter