Disboutiquers Part 13 Kids Disney Boutique / Customs Clothes psst..we sew

Status
Not open for further replies.
Adi, I just love your posts! You are too funny.

One of my dear friends is visiting from CA and popped in for a visit today- she is a CNM, so she totally gets it when I say "you have to forgive me for being emotional!" so I got to share some of the grievences I had to deal with yesterday and today.

I had a Mom at MOPS make me a meal today- she sent a big container of Tortellini-spinich soup and grape-pistachio salad- YUM!!!! And such a blessing- and tomorrow is finally the day (between 1-5pm) that the repair guy comes to fix my dish washer!!!!:cool1:

Okay- photos....
Birthday photos (from mid April)

i was really disappointed my gel tube "exploded" on her name- but she then promptly touched it- so guess it didn't matter

I really wish I photographed these with one cut open- these were SO COOL!

the dark is really a bright purple- photos just dont do them justice

DH would not love that I'm posting a pick that shows the top of his head....

DH told me he had a deal with God- he prayed every night that God would let him keep his hair at least until he met his wife. He's convinced God agreed to this because he lost his hair VERY rapidly right after he proposed to me....
I think my camera battery needs charging, i kept getting awful pics- and ya'll dont know me well- but I have a lot of weight to lose (if you look at my arms and face you can sort of tell)

and fabrics I finally chose for the cupcake purse- I have the "top" cut out.

Adi...you poor thing.

LOVE the cupcake fabric....you'll be done w/ ALL of your sewing soon, right???

I must have looked tired today b/c the only 4 people I came in contact w/ that were grown all told me I looked like I could use a nap. My mom took the kids and sent me home to clean.."or take a nap" I fully intended to clean, but fell asleep :rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

UGH. Now we have the fetal olympics going on in my uterus and since I was sleeping we are still waiting for Lily's pj's to dry...they should be done, I'd better get her off to bed. Good thing she's a night owl.

check with your dealer - I bought needles yesterday and asked if I needed ball point needles for knits and he said no - to use the same needles. I don't know if he was talking about, though?
Good to know. I really didn't want to buy more needles just yet. I still haven't used any of the extras they gave me that came with the machine.
Do you still want to go to Martha Pullen Market??

it said link not found....

she is beautiful!
I am not sure why the link wasn't working. If you copy and paste it will work. www.nitasplace.com/sampler
I download her samplers every week. The sets she gives are awesome.

So as I am reading your post, I happen to look over to see where you are from, don't know why I hadn't noticed before! We are practically neighbors! I live outside of Gulfport!

I loved the Cindy dress and all of the appliques! I am scared of appliques, so I just sit at my computer and drool with envy! :rotfl: I am a few pages behind. I took yesterday off from the computer to get some work done and you guys just kept on posting.:confused3 Just finished my first stripwork dress and am working on one for my oldest. Will post pictures later in the day. Our vacation is in 17 days, and I still have tons of sewing to finish. Really need to start working on the Mother's Day gifts!:scared: Not to much time left! I guess I am a last minute sewer!!!
Oh hi neighboor! Hehe.. We go to Gulfport every now and then. We went and see Movin Out there a couple months ago. I can't remember how far it is. I think it is about 3 hours away.

The leggings have a casing for the elastic. You only have two pieces to cut out and sew together.
Okay, thanks. I just bought it, and will give it a try.

I don't post here too often. I am mostly a lurker. I am going to try to do better. I have a question. I have made a few of the round neck dresses lately. I have a very hard time getting the top stitching perfect. I ripped the last one I made about twenty times. Do any of you have any tips for top stitching?????? Thanks
Laura
My only tips for top stitching are to go REALLY slow. I do alot of topstitching on my smocking and heirloom type of clothing. I use a small stitch length and go as slow as I can. A clear foot is invaluable for this too!

I think someone already sent the link. I am glad you like my trip report! I DO NOT SEW I have tried but I am all thumbs. I do enjoy looking at the Disney customs and I love dressing my DD in customs so I just get in good with the people who DO know how to sew
Again, I did NOT make that test track dress. I did pick out the colors and patterns
I just realized you are in New Orleans!! I live in Lafourche parish. Do you know where that is? ;)
I would be just tickled to run into someone with a little girl wearing Disney customs in New Orleans while I am there. I don't see very many!!
Loved your TR btw!

That pattern is easy, but keep in mind I have been sewing for at least 30 years!
Here is a picture of the first one I made.
13-10.png

Okay, Mecca yesterday!!! This fabric store is huge! I forgot to take pictures but I did find some on the internet. They have tons & tons of Micheal miller, moda, Henry Alexander, plus everything else you can imagine. I saw at least 25 DIFFERENT strawberry shortcake fabric. Polka dots in any color and sizes and all price ranges. Gingham was an entire row of all colors and all sizes. They even had the hungry caterpillar! The main floor has rows & rows like a Joanns but each row is 4 fabrics deep. THEN you hit the flat folded area. Its about 1/3 of the store and is packed probably 25 deep per row. And it goes on & on. Then there is the back room. Along one length of the building is flat folded knits. Every color imaginable, except the red & white stripped I wanted. They have stacks of brocades and corduroys. Oh and all the corduroy is 3.99 a yard! And rows and rows of jungle prints and rows of skull prints and it just goes on & on!
Okay, here is a picture I found on the internet. Keep in mind there are rows & rows like this!
http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl...m7ntBQ&sa=X&oi=image_result&resnum=1&ct=image
OOOOOHH!!!! My DD is obsessed with Strawberry Shortcake!! I would looooove to go there and get some of that! Our stores here don't carry hardly any licensed fabric. Ebay is my source lately.. :eek:
Love the piratey outfit. She is so cute!

I kind of goofed because I just resized some 6x10 designs I'd made to fit in the 4x4 hoop. So, they're not as wide as I'd like them to be. I now know you can't really do that! On the bigger designs, I try to stick with 4.0 (Pooh and Mickey were 4.0) and it seems to turn out nicely.
Did you resize in editor or studio?? If you save the eof file and open it in studio you can resize without it changing that. I am pretty sure.. I do it all the time and always assumed that was the case... :eek:

I have been busy but not with sewing very much. Today I did finish the Give give shirts for Matt. I felt called to make shirts for Matt. The Star Wars shirt was designed by Dom13 on the Disign forum. He has been a great help in teaching me photoshop. Thanks to Jessica for teaching me my first applique the Jack head. This one didn't come out as good as I planned but I am out of shirts.
GBMattSWshirt.jpg
That star wars shirt is so awesome! I love that! I think Jack looks great.

Did I mention I am HIGHLY emotional today (again) man, whats WITH this emotional junk? I stood up at MOPS today to speak about all the neat things i have experienced over this year with other women and kept crying. Oy vey.

And Im at the point where I dont want to go out in public anymore- EVERYONE keeps asking me how much longer in that sad sympathetic voice that says- "Oh man, you just look so uncomfortable" and then Im faced with deciding to answer the EDD question or explain this is not NORMAL for PG women to walk (AKA hobble) this way and that I in fact have a seperated pubic bone. Or today- I cant tell you how many women asked me 'Are you in pain?" Ummmmm- hellllllloooooo- who chooses to walk like this if they aren't in pain?????????????? Am I missing something?
Update on Gram- thought she was going to pass around midnight last night, but then she opened her eyes, they will move her and bath her today, but it's starting to look like Im going to miss the funeral. My parents (who live 3 hours closer) left today to go up.
I am highly emotional like that lately. My harmones are all messed up because of the female problems I am having. I cry for just about anything. It is embarrassing. :hug:
People can be so rude. I hated that part of pregnancy.
Sorry about your Gram. That has got to be tough. I can't imagine how hard the ride would be on you though.

I've been crying with all sorts of TV shows - but my excuse is that the latest ones were Grey's and Private Practice and those are usually emotional, right

Anyhow, with the EDD - one of the midwives at my first appointment told me to tell people two weeks after my EDD. Her logic, people won't make you feel bad or concerned if nothing has started by your EDD and by law (in FL at least) you are not permitted to go more than 2 weeks past EDD without intervention/induction. I've just told most people the month, and DH keeps thinking it would be great to have a Halloween baby - I don't because that is the 2 weeks past EDD!!

Hopefully you will stop getting all the intrusion. . . and get just more kindness instead of pity. Also, I hope the baby comes soon now that you are 37 weeks!! Here's some baby good vibes
Okay, what is EDD???? I was thinking estimated delivery date??
I guess I've just never saw that acronym.
I cry for Private Practice and Grey's too. EVERY EPISODE!!! Seriously.. I never remember crying like this. My poor husband must think I am nuts.

I need HELP! I finished the swirl stripwork skirt with the directions Leslie gave, and it is very cute. I was so excited to finish the outfit tonight, but I have a problem..... I was putting a simple mickey head on the tank top.... my practice one was fine, but now my embroidery machine is jacked up and I don't know what I did. It won't stay threaded, it stitches a few stitches and the thread just falls out of the needle. I thought maybe it was the shirt, but now that I just went to practice on fabric again it is still doing it. I have changed thread, changed bobbin, changed needles and it still keeps doing it, anyone know what my problem is?

I had no problems when I did the Boo applique last week, or ballet slippers this weekend, I thought a mickey head would be a breeze and now it has taken hours.
Make sure you are threading your machine with the presser foot up. Sounds like your thread isn't passing through the tension discs somewhere. Make sure you don't have any tiny threads stuck in your bobbin case anywhere too. There are so many things that can cause problems with embroidery machines! Did you figure it out yet??
I'd recommend sewforum.com again. They've helped me with everything!!

DH told me he had a deal with God- he prayed every night that God would let him keep his hair at least until he met his wife. He's convinced God agreed to this because he lost his hair VERY rapidly right after he proposed to me....
I think my camera battery needs charging, i kept getting awful pics- and ya'll dont know me well- but I have a lot of weight to lose (if you look at my arms and face you can sort of tell)

Oh no.. I am sooo spoiled to my dishwasher. :guilty:
I hope he can fix it!!
I was going to say your hands look swollen. I had so much swelling when I was pregnant. Gosh.. I can remember being that round. You look great. I would have never allowed anyone to take a picture of me. My MIL tried... :sad2:
The same thing happened to my DH with his hair. He started losing it right when we got married and started to go grey at the same time. He definitely blames me.

I wanted to post pics of the Minnie dot dress and ds's mickey bowling shirt. I couldn't post before our trip because I didn't finish them until the night before we left.

IMG_5101.jpg
So adorable! I love that fabirc you used with the mickey heads for the bowling shirt.

Adi- Im a "fluffy" girl too- actually Im big boned, really. DH's wrist bones are half the size of mine.....I was somehow cursed with these prehistoric thick bones, from some relatives in my past apparently (this is what my parents say, I keep asking if Im adopted, or if the milkman was my father), both my parents are little people and so is my brother- with a high metabolism- NOT ME. But I know I can lose it again- if I can lose 80, I can lose 55.
I guess I have big bones too. I can't wear bracelets... :eek:
Even when I was skinny... I don't understand why my wrists are sooo huge!!! My fingers are the same way though.

Hi Guys,

A month or so ago I posted this itty bitty dress and the baby rag quilt - well, this picture is of the REAL THING!! Baby Julia!!! I think she is about 7 weeks old!!
babyjulia.jpg
Awww! What a precious baby. You gals are going to give me baby fever. :rotfl:

DH came home today after being gone a week. I was soo glad to see him! We went shopping in New Orleans and saw Wolverine. Yes.. NERD ALERT!!!
Then we went to Macy's and he bought me LUSH!! Do any of you LUSH?? I am a fanatic lately. Really.. try it out.... you know you want to spend money on smell good yummy all natural stuffs. :rolleyes:

LOL This is where I remind you my husband's computer is right next to mine, and if he sees me wanting to ship boxes of clothes out for a 5 day trip, he'll hyperventilate!

Hmm, I need another project, but I'm guessing it's probably too soon to design the 2010 princess dress, huh? :rotfl2:
Ok I can help you with a new project, but it will probably only take you like a minute to do it. Jenna wants a shirt that has the Doofenshmirtz Evil Inc logo on it.:thumbsup2

Hi Guys,

A month or so ago I posted this itty bitty dress and the baby rag quilt - well, this picture is of the REAL THING!! Baby Julia!!! I think she is about 7 weeks old!!
babyjulia.jpg

Adorable! I love the dress and the blanket. What a sweetie :)
Great Job!

Glad you think I'm funny :cool1:

You look so adorable, though I know you are in so much pain. . . I am a "big girl" (thick, chunky, whatever you want to call it) to begin with and I just look fatter at this point (at least I think so), not like all the skinny people looking all preggo. I was sort of annoyed the other day at the maternity center. There were three other women there that are due in October (one was a student midwife). . .anyhow, they has their cute little baby bumps and here I am just looking fat. . . I didn't know how to feel. I guess it is this whole first time thing, but geeze. . . I know once I look it I'll regret wanting to because it won't be comfy, but some days I can't wait to look like you do now!! I know, you must think I'm losing it :rotfl:

Now. . . where to get maternity clothes in "plus" sizes (14 and up) . . . I am so mad at Lane Bryant for not selling it anymore (though their regular stuff is too expensive unles son sale, I'm a target/old navy on sale/walmart kind of girl usually), and I hate buying stuff blindly offline. . . ugh.

Have you checked Old Navy Maternity? Not all locations have it, but online they have it and up to XXL which they claim is a size 20.
The website lets you search for store locations with Maternity.
I bought a few things from them when I was preg with DD. Good Luck.

Good to know. I really didn't want to buy more needles just yet. I still haven't used any of the extras they gave me that came with the machine.

My only tips for top stitching are to go REALLY slow. I do alot of topstitching on my smocking and heirloom type of clothing. I use a small stitch length and go as slow as I can. A clear foot is invaluable for this too!

I am highly emotional like that lately. My harmones are all messed up because of the female problems I am having. I cry for just about anything. It is embarrassing. :hug:
People can be so rude. I hated that part of pregnancy.
Sorry about your Gram. That has got to be tough. I can't imagine how hard the ride would be on you though.

Okay, what is EDD???? I was thinking estimated delivery date??
I guess I've just never saw that acronym.
I cry for Private Practice and Grey's too. EVERY EPISODE!!! Seriously.. I never remember crying like this. My poor husband must think I am nuts.

Make sure you are threading your machine with the presser foot up. Sounds like your thread isn't passing through the tension discs somewhere. Make sure you don't have any tiny threads stuck in your bobbin case anywhere too. There are so many things that can cause problems with embroidery machines! Did you figure it out yet??
I'd recommend sewforum.com again. They've helped me with everything!!

Oh no.. I am sooo spoiled to my dishwasher. :guilty:
I hope he can fix it!!
I was going to say your hands look swollen. I had so much swelling when I was pregnant. Gosh.. I can remember being that round. You look great. I would have never allowed anyone to take a picture of me. My MIL tried... :sad2:
The same thing happened to my DH with his hair. He started losing it right when we got married and started to go grey at the same time. He definitely blames me.

I guess I have big bones too. I can't wear bracelets... :eek:
Even when I was skinny... I don't understand why my wrists are sooo huge!!! My fingers are the same way though.

Awww! What a precious baby. You gals are going to give me baby fever. :rotfl:

DH came home today after being gone a week. I was soo glad to see him! We went shopping in New Orleans and saw Wolverine. Yes.. NERD ALERT!!!
Then we went to Macy's and he bought me LUSH!! Do any of you LUSH?? I am a fanatic lately. Really.. try it out.... you know you want to spend money on smell good yummy all natural stuffs. :rolleyes:

Yeah for Hubby being home! (we like the wolverine movies too)
What is Lush?
-big bones, DH hair loss, Sew Beautiful, etc etc- Im thinking we were sisters in a previous life. ;)

I agree- Wendy your ladybug outfit ON the baby is super cute and love the rag quilt- and to think just a month ago you were trying to figure out how to make those- how many have you whipped off now???

Topstitching- I have found practice and a steady hand. The Janome dealer wanted to know how I was sewing with straight lines for top stitching, 5/8", 1/4" without his foot with the guide (which I really need to go back and buy now) and I just said I dont know- I was taught to use my eyes and keep a steady hand- mind you this only works for me on straight lines and corners- curves are hard and Im going through a learning curve with applique/satin stitch now. But now it's bugging me- when it's not perfect I think, hmmm, I should have bought that foot- then I'd KNOW it was a perfect measurement.
Nothing like being a happy ripper.:rotfl:

EDD- Estimated Due Date- mine is May 25

Adi...you poor thing.

LOVE the cupcake fabric....you'll be done w/ ALL of your sewing soon, right???

I must have looked tired today b/c the only 4 people I came in contact w/ that were grown all told me I looked like I could use a nap. My mom took the kids and sent me home to clean.."or take a nap" I fully intended to clean, but fell asleep :rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

UGH. Now we have the fetal olympics going on in my uterus and since I was sleeping we are still waiting for Lily's pj's to dry...they should be done, I'd better get her off to bed. Good thing she's a night owl.

Hey T!
Here is my short list:
cupcake purse
a-line and easy fit pants done by Friday for Niece's Bday sat.
Pooh quilt (I only have to finish the top because Im sending it out to be quilted)
IF Im still pregnant when I finish that AND i want to sew---
2nd cupcake purse (for other neice whos Bday is June 12)
simply sweet with easy fit capris (size 4/5)
i want to try a "jelly roll" quilt- something simple, like a rail fence.

T---Awwww....sleep is good. i didnt get my nap today- too busy- but this way I know I have a better chance of sleeping thru some of the pain tonight- AH, its all part of my master plan! Cleaning is good too though- something theraputic and restful about it.
Im thinking tomorrow I will go to Walmart and see if I spy some of that ladybug patch work fabric, and then if I am up for it, make the drive to the shop with the foot i want and then I will be at home the rest of the day.
Do you use Peapod? Since I cant do the big stores anymore ( refuse to get on one of those electronic wheel chairs) i have my groceries delivered. You should try it!

I can't wait to have my dishwasher back!

Oh and get this- DH is scheduled (assuming theres no funeral) to take DD to neice's bday party on Sat and tonight he asks me if I have any plans this weekend! i said "No- but YOU do"
My plan is to follow my CNMs original advice and get off my feet for a good portion of the day- the party is an hour and half away- so lots of "me" time.
Wow, this week is whipping by! I cant believe tomorrow is Wednesday.

Other plans for tomorrow-
pack hospital bag
type up birth plan (basically about 7 lines)

I must go to sleep now.
What am I most looking forward to after baby comes? (besides baby) Sleeping in my BED!!! I hate sleeping on a couch with a sheet over it- I miss my bed!!!!
Humid, but cool here.
And Im totally loving that I have some fellow pregnant girls on here!

Snubie, where are you? How are you? Are you still sewing?

Im curious- for those on fabric hunting missions- post what you are in search of?? We know Toadstool AKA Hannah's Mom and I NEED ladybug fabric.

I have too much fabric I placed an order for on FabricObession.com- I forget who I have to blame for that! Maybe it's a pregnancy thing, but I have become a fabric collector- something that was totally against my pesonality previously.
Partly because WalMarts fabric dept is leaving and i dont know where I will be able to get Disney fabric for $4 a yard when they are gone, but then i started buying non-disney fabric- from all sorts of places- Joanns, quilt shops, online. I should put the Disney in my attic- that way my "stash" wont look so big!
My quilt shop is giving me her cardboard thingys for free, so I have been wrapping up and organizing bit by bit.

Hi everyone. Doing kind of a drive by until I have something to post. I am getting ready to make all my big give crayon roll ups and outfits. but Friday is Pajama day at school and Georgia wants me to make her a night gown with some silky Princess fabric that I got a bit ago just because it was so pretty. haha and its perfect for a nightgown. I will be working on that tomorrow.

I am having some major sleep problems, I am gonna see the dr about it this week. I sometimes can't fall asleep until nearly 5am. and then I can't sleep during the day either. and Im just sick I can't get rid of this cold. Its no good at all. I just want to sleep for days.

Everything posted is so darn cute. Makes me just want to sew sew sew! and bake... man those cakes and cupcakes look soooo yummy!

Ok I can help you with a new project, but it will probably only take you like a minute to do it. Jenna wants a shirt that has the Doofenshmirtz Evil Inc logo on it.:thumbsup2

This is all I can find:

doofen.JPG

Which could be this:

doofens.jpg

Kell, I know what you mean. I was supposed to be asleep more than 2 hours ago. When I ALMOST fell asleep the baby cried, and I'm wide awake now (and supposed to be out the door with my daughter in about 4 hours, ack!)

I just realized you are in New Orleans!! I live in Lafourche parish. Do you know where that is?
I would be just tickled to run into someone with a little girl wearing Disney customs in New Orleans while I am there. I don't see very many!!
Loved your TR btw!

considering I actually live in St Charles parish I think I can find Lafourche in a pinch:lmao:

Then we went to Macy's and he bought me LUSH!! Do any of you LUSH?? I am a fanatic lately. Really.. try it out.... you know you want to spend money on smell good yummy all natural stuffs.

I love their stuff!!!! I love their moisturizers!

I told you poodle skirts.:lmao:
Don't talk abut poodle skirts--I'm making 10 of them for our school end-of-year program. I'm using Carla's flouncy skirt, black felt for the skirt and different colored poodles and ribbon.

Plus 9 iron-on shirts for the boys.

Anybody willing and able to help?? I am attempting my first dress! I purchased Carlas stripework jumper pattern and I measured my daughter. I am confused after that. I have her from shoulders to the finished length at 20 inches. How to I figure out what comes next?

Desired Finished Length
-
Bodice Length
-
Ruffle Length
+
0. 5*
=
Strip/Block Length
That is what it says to do?? !! :scared1: Please help. How do I know how big to do the bodice?

I didn't see this answered but did kind of skim. The bodice measurements are usually in the pattern. Look for a little box somewhere and it will say size 2 chest measurement -- and then inches -- .

Okay, Mecca yesterday!!! This fabric store is huge! I forgot to take pictures but I did find some on the internet. They have tons & tons of Micheal miller, moda, Henry Alexander, plus everything else you can imagine. I saw at least 25 DIFFERENT strawberry shortcake fabric. Polka dots in any color and sizes and all price ranges. Gingham was an entire row of all colors and all sizes. They even had the hungry caterpillar! The main floor has rows & rows like a Joanns but each row is 4 fabrics deep. THEN you hit the flat folded area. Its about 1/3 of the store and is packed probably 25 deep per row. And it goes on & on. Then there is the back room. Along one length of the building is flat folded knits. Every color imaginable, except the red & white stripped I wanted. :confused3 They have stacks of brocades and corduroys. Oh and all the corduroy is 3.99 a yard! And rows and rows of jungle prints and rows of skull prints and it just goes on & on!
Okay, here is a picture I found on the internet. Keep in mind there are rows & rows like this!
http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl...m7ntBQ&sa=X&oi=image_result&resnum=1&ct=image

So in all that, the fabric I was looking for was not there. :scared1: I had a customer request a certain fabric. So after going there (its 25 miles away!) and 2 Joann's, I redesigned what I was going to make for her. Then as I laid in bed trying to fall asleep I thought OMGosh, I bet Wallyworld has it. And sure enough they did!! So I got to visit my favorite place & got what I was looking for, though not in the same trip!

I probably missed this too but what city is this awesome store in! I would be in fabric heaven!!!

Don't talk abut poodle skirts--I'm making 10 of them for our school end-of-year program. I'm using Carla's flouncy skirt, black felt for the skirt and different colored poodles and ribbon.

Plus 9 iron-on shirts for the boys.

I can't wait to see pictures of this! You are one busy little teacher!

Snubie, where are you? How are you? Are you still sewing?
I am here but just lurking. We leave for WDW on Saturday so I am busy getting ready for that.
I am finally feeling better, only slightly nauseous in the late afternoons. Once we get back, I will try to participate more here.
I am hoping to hear your birth story once I get back too.;)

LOL This is where I remind you my husband's computer is right next to mine, and if he sees me wanting to ship boxes of clothes out for a 5 day trip, he'll hyperventilate!

Hmm, I need another project, but I'm guessing it's probably too soon to design the 2010 princess dress, huh? :rotfl2:

what is NOT reasonable about shipping clothes to WDW and then shipping home dirty clothes? It really is a pretty smart thing to do!

AND, no, it's not too early to start planning for 2010, it'll be here before you know it!

I am not sure why the link wasn't working. If you copy and paste it will work. www.nitasplace.com/sampler
I download her samplers every week. The sets she gives are awesome.

YES, I do want to go to Marth Pullen Market. I was just thinking about that yesterday that I need to see if you were gonna go and if you had registered.

As far as the needles go - well, I hadn't anticipated needing needles so quickly. This was another lesson learned the hard way on my serger. I had forgotten that I had a gathering foot for my old serger. Let's just say they're not interchangeable! I went through several needles in just a matter of minutes. THEN I realized what I had done. :rotfl2:

I have been busy but not with sewing very much. Today I did finish the Give give shirts for Matt. I felt called to make shirts for Matt. The Star Wars shirt was designed by Dom13 on the Disign forum. He has been a great help in teaching me photoshop. Thanks to Jessica for teaching me my first applique the Jack head. This one didn't come out as good as I planned but I am out of shirts.
GBMattSWshirt.jpg

MattBigGive.jpg
Really cute!!!!!!

I've been crying with all sorts of TV shows - but my excuse is that the latest ones were Grey's and Private Practice and those are usually emotional, right :)

Anyhow, with the EDD - one of the midwives at my first appointment told me to tell people two weeks after my EDD. Her logic, people won't make you feel bad or concerned if nothing has started by your EDD and by law (in FL at least) you are not permitted to go more than 2 weeks past EDD without intervention/induction. I've just told most people the month, and DH keeps thinking it would be great to have a Halloween baby - I don't because that is the 2 weeks past EDD!! :lmao:

Hopefully you will stop getting all the intrusion. . . and get just more kindness instead of pity. Also, I hope the baby comes soon now that you are 37 weeks!! Here's some baby good vibes :goodvibes
A Halloween baby would be fun! I really wanted Nikki to be born on Halloween October has a pretty birthstone. Nikki had other ideas she was good and came 5 days early but missed Halloween. She was born 11/4.

Adi, I just love your posts! You are too funny.

One of my dear friends is visiting from CA and popped in for a visit today- she is a CNM, so she totally gets it when I say "you have to forgive me for being emotional!" so I got to share some of the grievences I had to deal with yesterday and today.

I had a Mom at MOPS make me a meal today- she sent a big container of Tortellini-spinich soup and grape-pistachio salad- YUM!!!! And such a blessing- and tomorrow is finally the day (between 1-5pm) that the repair guy comes to fix my dish washer!!!!:cool1:

Okay- photos....
Birthday photos (from mid April)

You look so cute! Love the baby belly! I know you are in pain but you look great!

Love the bday pictures. You little one is a cutie.

Fluffy's good. . . I like that. . . I think it is a Miami thing, but thick is what we usually say around here for younger people. . . maybe it is a slang thing, dunno. . . I like fluffy though :)
I always say Pooh Sized!!!!!
I wanted to post pics of the Minnie dot dress and ds's mickey bowling shirt. I couldn't post before our trip because I didn't finish them until the night before we left.

Thank so much Jenny (Enchanted Princess) for the minnie dot fabric! I'm super happy with the dress! The bowling shirt is less than perfect. My machine kept messing up the button holes. UGH. It's so undependable!! But, I did figure out why the placket on the last shirt I did was too long! I forgot to cut the pattern piece to the right size. OOPS!

IMG_5101.jpg

IMG_5105.jpg
great job

Hi Guys,

babyjulia.jpg

My Make a Wish package is finished!! The Disney Dogs shirt for Joseph, and Disney Cats shirt for Abbigail - plus a pink bow and a pooh bow (Im not good at bows, do you think these re okay to send?)

102_1076.jpg

102_1077.jpg

this bow
102_1075.jpg

to go with this story book twirl...
102_1073-1.jpg
Everything came out great but That baby! SO CUTE!!!!!

Anybody willing and able to help?? I am attempting my first dress! I purchased Carlas stripework jumper pattern and I measured my daughter. I am confused after that. I have her from shoulders to the finished length at 20 inches. How to I figure out what comes next?

Desired Finished Length
-
Bodice Length
-
Ruffle Length
+
0. 5*
=
Strip/Block Length
That is what it says to do?? !! :scared1: Please help. How do I know how big to do the bodice?
I think Jessica answered this. Measure around the chest and there should be a box where it says if the measurement is X then you use X size. Or if you are unsure I would go with the size the child wears normally.

Oh they are so cute.

Yes I am keeping it and I found a model just for you.

Oh what a beautiful litt baby girl. I love all the maw things great job.

And thank you to all for your opnions on the polkheart skirt. Her is My Megan modeling.

IMG_1292.jpg

IMG_1291.jpg

IMG_1293.jpg
It looks great I love the pink and purpel

I am here but just lurking. We leave for WDW on Saturday so I am busy getting ready for that.
I am finally feeling better, only slightly nauseous in the late afternoons. Once we get back, I will try to participate more here.
I am hoping to hear your birth story once I get back too.;)
Have fun!

I wanted to post pics of the Minnie dot dress and ds's mickey bowling shirt. I couldn't post before our trip because I didn't finish them until the night before we left.:goodvibes

Thank so much Jenny (Enchanted Princess) for the minnie dot fabric! I'm super happy with the dress! The bowling shirt is less than perfect. My machine kept messing up the button holes. UGH. It's so undependable!! But, I did figure out why the placket on the last shirt I did was too long! I forgot to cut the pattern piece to the right size. OOPS!

IMG_5101.jpg

IMG_5105.jpg

Really cute.

Hi Guys,

babyjulia.jpg

My Make a Wish package is finished!! The Disney Dogs shirt for Joseph, and Disney Cats shirt for Abbigail - plus a pink bow and a pooh bow (Im not good at bows, do you think these re okay to send?)

102_1076.jpg

102_1077.jpg

this bow
102_1075.jpg

to go with this story book twirl...
102_1073-1.jpg

Oh, I love the itty bitty dress on her. I have made one, but I think this is the first time I have seen it on a baby.

The MAW stuff looks great too.

Oh they are so cute.

Yes I am keeping it and I found a model just for you.

Oh what a beautiful litt baby girl. I love all the maw things great job.

And thank you to all for your opnions on the polkheart skirt. Her is My Megan modeling.

IMG_1292.jpg

IMG_1291.jpg

IMG_1293.jpg

That turned out great. Looks like she loves it.

Hi everyone!
Sorry for the drive-by post, but I want to pimp out the Fabric Obession co-op.:rolleyes1 I know that quite a few of you are members already, but for those who aren't, they are doing a Michael Miller buy right now. Lots of Ta Dot (Minnie, Pink, Berry) and quite a few ironworks colors, some Sandi Henderson Farmers Market, they are also doing Alexander Henry right now too. Yes, this is a shamelessly self serving post because the ones I really want aren't full yet. :sad2:

Check it out here
http://thefabricobsession.com/forum/index.php

Hi everyone!
Sorry for the drive-by post, but I want to pimp out the Fabric Obession co-op.:rolleyes1 I know that quite a few of you are members already, but for those who aren't, they are doing a Michael Miller buy right now. Lots of Ta Dot (Minnie, Pink, Berry) and quite a few ironworks colors, some Sandi Henderson Farmers Market, they are also doing Alexander Henry right now too. Yes, this is a shamelessly self serving post because the ones I really want aren't full yet. :sad2:

Check it out here
http://thefabricobsession.com/forum/index.php

Just got an email she is having computer issues and the AH/MM buy (May 15) might get pushed out a bit- so plenty of time to go shop!!

Snubie-have fun! Glad you are feeling better and hope you enjoy your trip!

My Grandmother passed away at 4:30am this morning. Last night before bed I made the decision that Im passed my "window" of being able to make the drive and I will be the only family member to miss her funeral. They have not set a date yet. I cleaned my kitchen in her memory this morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter