~DISappearing PEEPS~Vol. IV Come Play With Us!!!!!

Hooray, it's Wendy-bird! Yes, let's bring it back. This is about the longest I've been successful in many a year, and having Peep support will help me make it through Christmas and New Year's.:yay:

Hey everyone welcome back! welcome back to myself as well. I have been successful with keeping 15 pounds off pretty much all year. I just count calories and do a new beachbody type workout program and then switch to another when I complete the program.

I have not been on the dis in like over a month it's weird anytime I get back from a trip I seem to avoid the dis for like a month cuz it depresses me that my trip is over is anyone else like that? weird I know

Glad to see everyone back. I no longer have new year resolutions anymore I committed to being overall healthy a long time ago there is no more start mondays or I am going to start on x date. I just take each day as it comes. I count calories, eat things in moderations, dont deprive myself and I workout. I think taking things day by day are key! it makes goals much easier to keep. Just doing it one day at a time works for me

I have not made a resolution in years either... I never would keep them so I just decided not to make them. dH and I both are watching what we eat and drink and we are working out also.

Hey guys. For the long time Peep's, it's Aaron here (formerly WI_DisneyFan -- someone else has the same name without the underscore, and since we occasionally post in the same threads I changed mine to remove any sort of confusion).

So, it's been a while. Um, things have not been going well. Well, personally and professionally, things are going good. But weight wise? Yeah, not so much. Quick recap. Summer of 2011, I weighed 140 pounds, which was an all time low weight for me. I had reached the 100-pound-lost mark, and was only 10 pounds from my goal weight. I was really feeling great about myself, and thought there was no way I'd ever gain that weight back. Then I got a little complacent, or maybe just over confident, and the weight started to sloooly creep back on; that is something I had vowed to myself that I'd never allow to happen. I finished 2011 at 147 pounds. Not great, but not totally terrible either. I went on a business trip to the UK in January of this year, and I came back about 10 pounds heavier. I lost most of it rather quickly, and settled in around 150. I went to Disney World in September, and came back five pounds up. And unfortunately, I've kept that weight on plus another 10. I haven't weighed myself in about a month, but the last time I did I was around 165. So a good 25 pounds heavier than my lowest weight; and who knows what kind of additional damage I've done over the past few weeks. I can feel it, too. My joints a little more sore, my clothes aren't fitting like they should, my self-esteem is way down, and I just feel overall really "icky". At times I feel like a rudderless ship, like I have no idea what to do to lose weight; even though I've lost enough to know I can do it. I feel very powerless over food right now, and I'm afraid that I'm just destined to keep gaining until I'm right back where I started 7 years ago. I find myself snacking way too often, and I keep making excuse after excuse to skip going to the gym. I'll tell myself that "next week" I'll get back into a good groove. But as the story goes, next week never comes. I keep putting it off and putting it off; the food keeps getting shoveled into my mouth, and that gym membership continues to go unused. Well, enough is enough. I need to make a change, and there's no better time than now.

So here I am, crawling on my hands and knees, hoping you'll take me back. I need to get healthy again, and the best success I've had was when I was posting on here. I'm going to start following the Weight Watchers program again, because it's the only thing that's really worked for me. I'm going to start hitting the gym at least five days week, mixing in weight lifting with my normal cardio. And lastly, I'm going to try to be a regular on here again, because if the last year and a half has taught me anything, it's that I just can't do it alone. Hopefully together, we'll all have a very healthy, happy 2013...

Aaron I am not a regular here anymore but I saw your post and I have to comment.

You are not alone. I feel your pain daily.

You were always an inspiration to me and I'm sure others. Be happy it's only 25 and not 75 like I have.

If anyone can do this it is YOU!

Your posting is a wake up call to me and I will do my best here to help you along and work at my health at the same time.

We can do this!

Aaron and Monica, good to see both of you on here. Looks like it's time we all climbed back on the wagon.
wagon.jpg
No more "shoulding" on ourselves ;) I'm still enjoying leftovers from yesterday, but trying to get back into the groove of things. DH and I hit the gym this morning, and even got my DD and her GF to join with us. I'm not using SparkPeople this week, which should be a clue to me, because it's easy to use unless I'm feeding my face every few minutes. I think I'll go with some semblance of self-control until New Year's, and then really kick it into gear. Good luck to everyone.:grouphug:

Aaron I am not a regular here anymore but I saw your post and I have to comment.

You are not alone. I feel your pain daily.

You were always an inspiration to me and I'm sure others. Be happy it's only 25 and not 75 like I have.

If anyone can do this it is YOU!

Your posting is a wake up call to me and I will do my best here to help you along and work at my health at the same time.

We can do this!
Thanks for the kind words. I found out rather quickly how easy it is to gain weight back. It is rather humbling, really. But 25,75, or anything in between, it is just a number on a scale. We'll get through it little by little, bit by bit, pound by pound. As we used to like to say around here, slow and steady wins the race. I really believe that it helps to set small goals. X pounds by a certain date. Or one pants/dress size by spring. Something a little easier to attain so we aren't constantly stressing about the big number in front of us.

Aaron and Monica, good to see both of you on here. Looks like it's time we all climbed back on the wagon.
wagon.jpg
No more "shoulding" on ourselves ;) I'm still enjoying leftovers from yesterday, but trying to get back into the groove of things. DH and I hit the gym this morning, and even got my DD and her GF to join with us. I'm not using SparkPeople this week, which should be a clue to me, because it's easy to use unless I'm feeding my face every few minutes. I think I'll go with some semblance of self-control until New Year's, and then really kick it into gear. Good luck to everyone.:grouphug:
See, that's really my biggest problem. For me, it is all or nothing. I'm either a "Perfect Peep", eating and exercising exactly like I should, outside of one cheat day; or I'm eating like there's no tomorrow and completely abandoning exercise. It seems like once I allow myself one small treat during the day, I just give up completely. That's something I really need to work on. I have to realize that just because I had one weak moment, doesn't mean the whole day is ruined.

So yesterday I had what I consider a perfect day. I stayed within my allotted WW points, and I got an hour in at the gym. That's it. That's all I need to do to feel good about myself. And you know what, it's really quite simple to do. And that's what frustrates me the most. I know what I need to do, and it isn't at all difficult to do it. Yet, day after day, I struggle with it. If I could just find the willpower and determination to do that every single day (with the exception of a cheat day here and there), I'd be at my goal weight in no time. But for some reason, I just can't do it on a consistent basis anymore. Well, hopefully 2013 will be much kinder to me in that respect. Another year older, and another year wiser, right?

On the road coming back from Christmas with the family... I dont want to get on the scale for a week...

I'm in! Hey everbody looks like alot of us "oldies but goodies" are back!:cool1: I am having alot of the same feelings as Aaron, we'll somehow work all of this out together Aaron! Small goals, small goals, small goals ....and lots of water!:cheer2:

Hi, everyone! Got room for one more? Looking forward to being healthy and finally dropping this extra weight in 2013. Picked up 25 pounds over last 10 years that I cant shake off. Love the support you offer one another!

On the road coming back from Christmas with the family... I dont want to get on the scale for a week...

Then don't! Drink lots of water for a few days and it should adjust. right?

Hi, everyone! Got room for one more? Looking forward to being healthy and finally dropping this extra weight in 2013. Picked up 25 pounds over last 10 years that I cant shake off. Love the support you offer one another!

Absolutley!

I have to figure out what my plan is. I will. First thing is drinking the right amount of water.

Then I will start exercising again and good snacks.

Hi peeps! Checking back in after a long time. Had a baby Oct 2011. Had gained 48. Lost 32. Still have 16 plus 10 more I wanted to lose before I got pregnant. I am a teacher and I got displaced to a different school and this place is crazy....so much work that I was staying late every day, not working out but not gaining bc of my fairly good eating habits. I started slowly working out again, not consistently, and started seeing some movement in my weight and clothes fitting better. But I've been bad with eating the last few weeks. I have been working out on my Winter Break but havent gotten on the scale so who knows what it will say. In any case, I'm still trying but it's a slow process...

Oh my goodness! S many old friends and some new ones too! Hooray!:love: Let's do this!

Got rid of all the Christmas candy (and no I didn't eat it :rotfl2:)!!!

Started back drinking lots of water today. I do better if I flavor it. Right now I like the True Lemon packets that are stawberry lemonade.

Does anyone follow the Dukan diet? It looks like its easy to do when trying to give up processed foods. I do so much better when I stay with protein, veggies and fruits.

Everyone go grab a class of water!:goodvibes

Hi peeps!

Happy 2013! Lots of great things happened for me in 2012...hoping this year is even better. I've lost a little over 20 lbs since the summer but have been mostly maintaining for the last couple months. About 3 weeks ago I started with a personal trainer 3 times a week and its amazing how great I feel. I'm still working on the cardio on my off days but its way better than it was. Now that the holidays are over, I'm fully recommitted to eating well and working out my body. Oh and in other news...I'm living with my boyfriend! I moved in over Thanksgiving and I have not felt this happy in a looooong time :lovestruc

Hope you're all doing well...here's to less of us in the new year!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter