DISApalooza 2011 – DIS/DISUnplugged/Dreams Unlimited Travel December Event Details

Status
Not open for further replies.

WebmasterJohn

Genius
Administrator

UPDATE 10/24/2011
Event Registration will close 10/28/2011 at midnight Eastern Time
[/CENTER]

As many of you know a few years ago we started a tradition of having some kind of event in early December. We have been switching off from year-to-year between some kind of in theme-park party to a DCL cruise. In December 2010 we did a cruise so this year will be a party!!

Below are some of the details of our 2011 December event. For right now we are releasing this information so that people can start to make plans for the time of the event.

When: December 10, 2011 from 9:30PM – Midnight.
Where: Universal Orlando Resort Florida
What: We will be renting out The Wizarding World of Harry Potter™ for the evening!!!

Now – just to be clear, this is NOT JUST the ride, Harry Potter And The Forbidden Journey TM – it is all three rides (Harry Potter And The Forbidden Journey TM, Dragon Challenge TM, Flight of the Hippogriff TM) as well as the shops and Three Broomsticks TM – there will also be special entertainment as well.

The event will include complimentary non-alcoholic beverages but not food; food can be purchased separately. There will be a cash bar as well. Many of the details are listed below.

Park admission is not required for this event. It is an 'after hours' party. If you wish to visit the parks on your own that day, or any other, you will need to purchase park admission but it is not required to attend this event.

Similar to the event we held in 2009 we will be giving priority admission to clients who book through Dreams Unlimited Travel to attend this event. Clients will be required to book 3 consecutive nights over that weekend either at a Disney owned and Operated hotel or a Lowes/Universal Hotel. See below for a link to discounted pricing and reservation at the three Lowes/Universal Hotel. DreamsRES hotel bookings (i.e. Swan/Dolphin, Buena Vista Suites, etc) and bookings at third party hotels are not eligible.

The total number of guests for this event will be limited. We are not 100% sure what that number will be yet. Once we are reasonably certain all of our client’s are booked we will open this up to the ‘general public’ if there is space available. As we reach our maximum number we will take a waitlist – but we will cross that bridge when we come to it.

There will be a charge to attend this event for all attendees, including those who are booked through Dreams Unlimited Travel. Pricing is available on the sign-up forms.

We are planning on providing transportation from WDW to Universal for those that do not have a car. There will be a cost for this and I do not have any details yet on where the buses might depart from or the timing. If people want to drive they can do so. Folks staying at a Universal resort can even walk. I do not have any details on how late the resort transportation/boats will be running that evening at Universal but my guess is they will be running as CityWalk will be open at that time.

If you wish to get a quote just for the resort stay portion of the trip please visit www.DreamsUnlimitedTravel.com and we would be happy to provide you with a no obligation quote. Again, only those clients that book a 3 consecutive night vacation with Dreams Unlimited Travel for that specific weekend will get first priority to sign-up for the event. The quote you receive from Dreams Unlimited Travel WILL NOT include admission to the event, that amount will be collected separately. Booking a reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel does not mean you are signed up for the event. We will have a separate event sign-up process. Your Dreams Unlimited Travel agent will provide you with details on this process as they become available.

We hope to have other events planned for that weekend (Live Podcast Recording, meet and greets with Podcast Team Members, etc) but the details of those have not been worked out yet. We will keep you informed as those plans progress.

We are very excited about this event and hope to see as many of you there as possible!!

DISApalooza 2011 – One night of Magic!!!

Attractions:
Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey (TM)
Dragon Challenge (TM)
Flight of the Hippogriff (TM)

Entertainment:
Frog Choir – scheduled performances
Triwizard Spirit Rally – scheduled performances
DJ

Merchandise Locations:
Dervish and Banges (TM)
Honeydukes (TM)
Ollivanders (TM)
Owl Post (TM)
Zonko’s (TM)
Filch’s Emporium of Confiscated Goods
Three Broomsticks (TM)

Complimentary Beverages:
Butterbeer (TM) - Served in a souvenir cup
Soft Drinks
Pumpkin Juice
Lemonade
Iced Tea
Apple Cider
Pear Cider
Bottled Water

Additional Beverages:
Beer & Wine (Cash Bar)

Food:
Food is not included in this event. Three Broomsticks (TM) will be open if you want to purchase food at your own expense.

HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related indicia are trademarks of and © Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © JKR.
(s11)
Universal elements and all related indicia TM & © 2011 Universal Studios. © 2011 Universal Orlando. All rights reserved.​

Lowes/Universal Hotel Bookings
As we have said before Dreams Unlimited Travel clients that book a 3 consecutive night vacation with Dreams Unlimited Travel for that specific weekend will get first priority to sign-up for the event. This means you will need to book a 3-night stay or more at a Universal Orlando or Walt Disney World owned and operated resort hotel through Dreams Unlimited Travel to get the priority invitation to the event. All clients that meet this criteria will receive an email from their agents letting them know how to sign up for the event. Once we are comfortable that all clients are signed up we will open the sign-up process to everyone else.

Dreams Unlimited Travel has also secured some great reduced rate/group space pricing rooms at the three Universal Resort Hotels for the weekend of the event. Again, if you book through Dreams Unlimited Travel at any of these hotels for that weekend you will get the priority invitation to the event. You do not have to be booked under this reduced rate to get the priority invitation, just be a client through Dreams Unlimited Travel for that weekend.

If you are already a Dreams Unlimited Travel client booked for that weekend and you want to take advantage of these great rates simply email your agent and they will walk you through the process. Here are the rates we have secured:

Royal Pacific - $169/night
Hard Rock - $179/night
Portofino Bay - $189/night

All rates are subject to 12.5% tax. All rooms sleep 4. If more than 2 adults per room there is an additional charge of $25 per adult per night (plus tax).

The booking engine for these great rates is located here - https://www.dreamsunlimitedtravel.com/reservations/dap-2011.cfm - space is limited so I suggest acting fast if you want to take advantage of these rates.

Pricing DOES NOT include these park admission. Theme park tickets can be purchased seperately. This pricing also does not include admission to the event, that will be explained in the sign-up process for the event. These reservations are eligible for all perks associated with being a Universal Orlando Hotel hotel guest including use of transportation and front-of-the-line-access in the parks. Please note that the Wizarding World of Harry Potter attraction does not currently participate in front-of-the-line access.

Event Admission for Dreams Unlimited Travel clients = $50 per adult and $35.00 per child. Payment is NON REFUNDABLE and event admission is NON TRANSFERABLE.

Sign-up Process for Non-Dreams Unlimited Travel Clients

General registration for this event is now open.

The page to register is http://www.dreamsunlimitedtravel.com/reservations/DAP2011.cfm

Once our space is full we will be taking a waitlist for the event.

General Event Admission (i.e. not Dreams Unlimited Travel clients) = $60 per adult and $37.50 per child. Payment is NON REFUNDABLE and event admission is NON TRANSFERABLE.

UPDATED 10/26/2011
Transportation from WDW to the Event

Transportation Registration is now closed

We have contracted with the bus company for transportation to/from the event. Details are below.

Please note that the bus company WILL NOT provide us with a guaranteed time of pick up at each hotel, just a start time and estimated time of arrival at the event. In addition, they cannot provide us with a 'route schedule' for the buses, just when the buses will start running.

We ask that everyone be at their respective resorts and ready to go at the start time of the transportation process which is 8:00PM. The buses will not wait for late arrivals.

Also, the resorts HAVE NOT been informed of our event or about the buses. Please do not ask at the resort where/when to meet the buses as they will not know.

We will be sending out this same information with your credentials but if you know of someone who does not read the boards who is planning on taking transportation please point them to this post.

We will have 3 buses, one for each 'route' listed below. Buses will begin picking up passengers at 8:00PM for an estimated arrival time at USO of between 9:00 and 9:30PM.

Please note that it should not take an hour and half to get to Universal property but we want to give enough time for the buses to load all passengers and arrive before the event actually starts, taking into account possible traffic and unforeseen delays.

Passengers will arrive at a backstage area at Universal where there will be a waiting area prior to event commencement. Universal employees will direct you where to go when you arrive.

Please make sure you are at the resort and ready to board the bus at 8:00PM even though the bus may not be at your resort at that time.

Here are the bus 'routes' as well as where to meet the bus at each resort:

Bus 1
Boardwalk - Convention Entrance
Swan/Dolphin - Dolphin Convention Entrance
Yacht/Beach Club - Yacht Convention Entrance
All Stars - All Star Sports Main Lobby – Outer Loop
Animal Kingdom Lodge – Main Lobby, Outer Lane

Bus 2
Pop Century – Main Lobby, Outer Lane
Old Key West – Main Lobby, Outer Lane
Port Orleans French Quarter – Main Lobby, Outer Lane
Port Orleans Riversides – Main Lobby, Outer Lane
Caribbean Beach – Main Lobby, Outer Lane

Bus 3
Grand Floridian - Convention Entrance
Polynesian – Main Lobby, Outer Lane
Contemporary – Main Lobby, Outer Lane
Wilderness Lodge – Main Lobby, Outer Lane

After the event buses will begin boarding at 11:30PM to transport guests back to your resort. All three buses will depart at midnight. The buses must leave exactly at midnight or we will incur an additional charge so please make sure you are on the bus and ready to go well in advance of midnight. You will get the buses at the end of the evening in the same location where they left you off and there will be Universal employees available to direct you.

Transportation FAQ

Here are some answers to some popular questions regarding the transportation:

If you are not staying at a Disney resort and plan on using our transportation you should know that there will be no 'pre-arranged' parking at the Disney resorts where the buses will be picking up for this event. You will be parking 'at your own' risk and 'at your own cost' if there is any.

In addition, no one at the resorts will be aware of this event and/or the transportation. If you ask a cast member about where/when to get the buses, etc you will get a blank stare. We will provide all that information prior to the event.

For those using the transportation you will have a special designation on your credentials and you will be checked against a list provided to the bus drivers. If you do not have your credentials and/or your name is not on the list you will not be allowed to board the bus. No one from Dreams Unlimited Travel or the podcast will be on these buses and the transportation company will only allow those signed up for transportation and verified on the buses.

If you are staying off property and plan to use the transportation may sure you tell us what resort you will be parking at to meet the bus so we can make sure you're on the correct list.

The drop off/pick-up location for the buses at Universal will be in a back stage area very convenient to the party. You will not be walking through the park or city walk at all if you take our transportation.

If you are driving to Universal you will either have to park in the regular pakring structure or in valet. The regular parking rates will apply.

UPDATED 10/28/2011

DISUnplugged PodCast Live Recording
Sunday 12/11/2011 - 10AM - Noon
Walt Disney World Dolpin Hotel
Conference Room Northern A3 - 4

Doors open at 9:30AM. We need everyone seated by 9:45AM so we can start and end on time.

Looking forward to trying out WWOHP - and meeting more DIS friends too!

This sounds extremely cool! :woohoo: *waits patiently for the signup...*

No, really! Patiently!

OK, maybe not.... :laughing:

Sayhello

Gotta figure out a way to do this. It's hard to get time off work in December, it's a busy time for us, but I'm thinking I wouldn't have to take a whole week. I could do Thursday to Sunday and I'm usually off on Thursdays and Sundays, so really I'd only be taking off 2 days. Think, think, think.

And there must have been a mad dash for quotes because I just went to the quote request page and it says "Due to an extremely high volume of requests, we cannot accept any more requests at this time." The Genius does it again! :worship:

Just asked for a quote! I'm super excited about this! Can't wait to hear more details! :thumbsup2

I'm wondering if you will need theme park admission? I'm assuming yes, but thought I'd ask anyway.

OMG- How amazing will this be??

Hope there's room for me and DH once the DreamsUnlimited clients are finished!

I just asked for a quote. I plan to squeeze this in between the end of classes and finals week. :thumbsup2

I'm wondering if you will need theme park admission? I'm assuming yes, but thought I'd ask anyway.

The event starts AFTER park closing - so I'm thinking no

Unless of course you plan on going to the parks during the day and or the day following the party

The event starts AFTER park closing - so I'm thinking no

Unless of course you plan on going to the parks during the day and or the day following the party

That makes sense. I guess I was thinking of TSM party, you needed admission for that didn't you? Maybe not. :confused3

This sounds so cool. I am already booked for 12/8-12/14 staying on DVC points. I hope there will be some availability for those not boooking through Dreams.

I have asked for a quote. Thankfully we are waiting until January to return to Vegas. This morning I fainted when I heard it was WWOHP. Holy smokes I want to gooooooo!!!

But like John said - be patient and wait.......maybe my wish will be granted as I'm not a DIS client.....yet!
:wizard::wizard::wizard::wizard::wizard::wizard::wizard::wizard:

this sounds fantastic, unfortunatley i can't go because my sister is going at that time for her honeymoon hopefully they will get to attend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!