DIS Shareholders and Stock Info ONLY

And what does that mean? It’s been so watered down that it is usually used as nothing but an insult.

I like this definition from Roxane Gay. What is yours?

“When we talk about wokeness really what we’re saying is that you make me uncomfortable because you are forcing me to question my place in the world and how the world functions and how I benefit from it.”

And what does that mean? It’s been so watered down that it is usually used as nothing but an insult.

“When we talk about wokeness really what we’re saying is that you make me uncomfortable because you are forcing me to question my place in the world and how the world functions and how I benefit from it.”
Let’s go with your definition. Though I don’t particularly like it.

Does that seem like a strong strategy for what should ostensibly be a family entertainment company?

Let’s go with your definition. Though I don’t particularly like it.

Does that seem like a strong strategy for what should ostensibly be a family entertainment company?
No. When I’m searching out movies and books, I’m usually looking for something that works on a few levels and makes me think. I do the same for my children with movies, books, and real life experiences—I expose them to many different things to help them see where they fit.

Ultimately though my goal is to raise well-rounded, kind, and inclusive adults, and part of that means they recognize where they have had advantages and, in situations where they are disadvantaged, they’ve seen others that have succeeded despite their disadvantage. Diverse movies and books give us discussion opportunities for these things.

No. When I’m searching out movies and books, I’m usually looking for something that works on a few levels and makes me think. I do the same for my children with movies, books, and real life experiences—I expose them to many different things to help them see where they fit.

Ultimately though my goal is to raise well-rounded, kind, and inclusive adults, and part of that means they recognize where they have had advantages and, in situations where they are disadvantaged, they’ve seen others that have succeeded despite their disadvantage. Diverse movies and books give us discussion opportunities for these things.
You didn't answer my question though. I didn't ask what YOU did. I asked if it seemed like a smart strategy for a family entertainment company to make potential customers to "forcing them question their place in the world and how the world functions and how they benefit from it.”

Personally I could careless about any of it. IMO their reason for changing Splash Mountain is stupid. The majority of people have no idea what Song of the South is.

You didn't answer my question though. I didn't ask what YOU did. I asked if it seemed like a smart strategy for a family entertainment company to make potential customers to "forcing them question their place in the world and how the world functions and how they benefit from it.”
Though it doesn’t always feel like it, the world is changing. I do think that this is a good strategy. Look how much more inclusive media has become over the last twenty years. A media company that ignores it risks being left behind as it doesn’t produce the content that its customers are expecting.

Though it doesn’t always feel like it, the world is changing. I do think that this is a good strategy. Look how much more inclusive media has become over the last twenty years. A media company that ignores it risks being left behind as it doesn’t produce the content that its customers are expecting.
I guess we will just have to agree to disagree. Seems like right now, people want their entertainment to be entertaining. Top Gun and Minions bear that out.

I say yes. From an educational perspective, which the Disney corp. is heavily interested in... it is important to question your place in the world and to understand how you can do better and also make the world a better place for all. Moving outside your comfort zone is healthy and mind opening.

I guess another question is it a smart model to exclude large parts of the citizenry by not representing them in future content development?

If I understand this correct, people are mainly upset and calling Disney 'woke" because of their public commitment to LGBQT rights and their desire to have increased representation of LGBQT people and also show more diverse representation of people in their future films and programming; and to have rides and attractions in the WDW/WDL parks that are also inclusive and representative.

Is that really so threatening to people that you need to cancel Disney+ or stop going to WDW?

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/07/06/hul...is-as-disney-decides-how-to-move-forward.html

Hulu is facing an existential crisis as Disney approaches a 2024 deadline to buy Comcast’s 33% stake
Published Wed, Jul 6 20221:02 PM EDT
Alex Sherman@sherman4949

The Hulu conundrum

Disney is approaching a 2024 deadline when it must pay Comcast billions for a one-third stake in Hulu.
Disney hasn’t specifically detailed its strategic plans for Hulu in the future.
One possible solution is for Disney to sell Hulu to Comcast, but such a deal would mean Comcast would forgo about $10 billion, if not more, as a payment from Disney.

Wow, so Lightyear basically confused the cast of the first four movies, is anyone surprised it failed to draw as expected?
We do know that Kathleen Kennedy and LucasFilm have stated they will no longer use different actors to play Star Wars characters. They feel that Solo: A Star Wars Movie was hurt by not casting Harrison Ford. Bringing back Hamel and McGregor to The Mandelorian and Obi-Wan Kenobi were part of this idea.

Not sure if it would have mattered all that much if Allen came back but it definitely would have helped fuel the nostalgia. In the end, the movie is not at all linked to Toy Story. It is its own thing.

From an educational perspective, which the Disney corp. is heavily interested in... it is important to question your place in the world and to understand how you can do better and also make the world a better place for all. Moving outside your comfort zone is healthy and mind opening.
Indeed this is a recurring theme in many Disney movies.

Is that really so threatening to people that you need to cancel Disney+ or stop going to WDW?
I haven’t done either. I also saw Lightyear in theaters, with my kids. One of the few to do so.

I didn’t appreciate the “stick it to cons” vibes the movie and it’s promotion had though. And I wasn’t the least bit surprised that it bombed.

Let’s take another example, Baymax shopping for Tampons. This is something families want to spend their entertainment on? You really believe this line of thinking is a boon to TWDC?

Too many of you are so focused on yourselves and your idyllic vision of how others should think and act you are failing to see the reality around you. Most people don’t want to be bombarded with social issues at every turn. This isn’t even really up for debate. Look at the two biggest movies of the summer and you’ll see I’m right.

I haven’t done either. I also saw Lightyear in theaters, with my kids. One of the few to do so.

I didn’t appreciate the “stick it to cons” vibes the movie and it’s promotion had though. And I wasn’t the least bit surprised that it bombed.

Let’s take another example, Baymax shopping for Tampons. This is something families want to spend their entertainment on? You really believe this line of thinking is a boon to TWDC?

Too many of you are so focused on yourselves and your idyllic vision of how others should think and act you are failing to see the reality around you. Most people don’t want to be bombarded with social issues at every turn. This isn’t even really up for debate. Look at the two biggest movies of the summer and you’ll see I’m right.
LOL I knew this was going to be your example. Yes I am aware of this clip you mention is and it is blown out of proportion.
Shows take from real life. In this case Baymax is trying to be helpful but is confused by something they are not familiar with... tampons. So a whole bunch of helpful people suggest various kinds, including a potentially trans individual. so is that the OMG... that people use tampons. The reality is.... yes they do... a great many tampons over one's menstrual lifetime. It is a classic comedy skit that has been done before... making fun of a person buying them. And yes... when you are not a tampon user purchasing them can be confusing and often embarrassing. I think it is funny that folks are upset about this. What is missed.. is actually the clip made a great example of people helping other people, something positive and nice... . But really you and others want to focus on what.. tampons themselves? or that person who may or may not be transgender suggesting a certain brand to Baymax?
What kids saw.... various nice people helping Baymax shop... what certain adults saw: the end of society

LOL I knew this was going to be your example. Yes I am aware of this clip you mention is and it is blown out of proportion.
Shows take from real life. In this case Baymax is trying to be helpful but is confused by something they are not familiar with... tampons. So a whole bunch of helpful people suggest various kinds, including a potentially trans individual. so is that the OMG... that people use tampons. The reality is.... yes they do... a great many tampons over one's menstrual lifetime. It is a classic comedy skit that has been done before... making fun of a person buying them. And yes... when you are not a tampon user purchasing them can be confusing and often embarrassing. I think it is funny that folks are upset about this. What is missed.. is actually the clip made a great example of people helping other people, something positive and nice... . But really you and others want to focus on what.. tampons themselves? or that person who may or may not be transgender suggesting a certain brand to Baymax?
What kids saw.... various nice people helping Baymax shop... what certain adults saw: the end of society
I’ve seen the clip. I don’t need to see a skit about tampons in a child’s show. If you honestly think people want that, then we will just have to agree to disagree.

We do know that Kathleen Kennedy and LucasFilm have stated they will no longer use different actors to play Star Wars characters. They feel that Solo: A Star Wars Movie was hurt by not casting Harrison Ford. Bringing back Hamel and McGregor to The Mandelorian and Obi-Wan Kenobi were part of this idea.

Not sure if it would have mattered all that much if Allen came back but it definitely would have helped fuel the nostalgia. In the end, the movie is not at all linked to Toy Story. It is its own thing.
I think it is a common misconception that the characters are the same entity, and so Allen was 'replaced" by Evans. my understanding is (have not seen it myself) is that the Toystory Buzz is based on a character in a movie that Andy saw and got the action figure toy from. The movie Lightyear has nothing to do with Toystory except that it is supposed to be the fictional movie that Andy saw as a backstory. The toy Buzz (Allen) and the movie Buzz (Evans) are different entities ie two separate individuals, so it made sense to not use the same voice.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter