"DIS Rules" for Capture the Flag Pirates Game

Maleficent2

DIS Veteran
This is an alterative way of play...please state that you are playing DIS RULES before game starts so all players know and are in agreement. Also do not assume if DISers are playing together that the DIS RULES are in effect..

A few of us DISer have been doing this for months and I have been meaning to post this for awhile.

So when someone says "We are playing by the DIS Rules you will know what they mean.

The DIS Rules are simple:

You get a group of DIS members together to play pirates anywhere from 4-8 players.

Split up into teams....these are the teams you will remain on for the whole session.

Each Team gets the flag every round so all get credits for capturing the flag.

First round:

You can play as normal best team wins(if played this way make sure other team has flag before going home) or a pre determined team wins whichever way you wish to do it.

2nd round

the team who lost round one wins round two...all teams again must have flag before winning team enters home port.

3rd round

Predetermined team wins round.

If Team One wins the first game then next game Team Two wins game overall.

All teams have flag before winners go to home port.

Playing by these rules gets everyone great credits and equal amount of keys. :thumbsup2

Everyone Wins and no one's feelings get hurt.

Arg me mateys now go plunder the port ;) pirate:

Mal

This thread was not made to stir controversy. I posted this to help out and cut down the time on the docks when members were playing this way.

This thread is also not for expressing your dislikes for this kind of play if you would like to do that then please start another thread. But remember attacking other members in any way will not be tolerated. You do not have to name names to attack, so keep that in mind.

I hope this thread has been useful to some.-Mal.

Just wanted to say thanks to some of you for playing with me and my 'old' computer the other day.:) Out, Coriander, Peasy were all very helpful. I can't wait to get the cable company out here to change out our box, so I can get back on the game with my 'new' computer.;) (Waiting is SO boring!) :rotfl:
Kim

If anyone is up to playing some friendly flag later today, please let me know! I need to build up my credit supply again, and this is the most enjoyable way I know of on VMK! :Pinkbounc

See you on the docks!

threeboysmom said:
If anyone is up to playing some friendly flag later today, please let me know! I need to build up my credit supply again, and this is the most enjoyable way I know of on VMK! :Pinkbounc

See you on the docks!
:rotfl: Does that mean I can't shoot the non-flag person? pirate:
For others who didn't know...being shot does not lose credits in CTF, only in Battle. The only thing is does is hinder your ability to shoot (or retrieve the flag if that is your role) if you are sunk. For a really boring credit bonus, you can line up next to each other a couple inches, say, "on, to, shoot" and both extras will get credits. :rolleyes:

Shooting Rules between extras are up to the players ;)

PurpleDuck and I had a great side game of Shoot Duck Shoot Witch or who will be dinner tonight! It does increase you credit take at the end and if you watch out not to shoot the flag holder it can be alot of fun ;) and rewarding too since someone ends up with Dinner.... :rotfl: :smooth:

I'm up for friendly flag today.. pick me !

I never noticed that you get extra credits for shooting boats in the flag game, I'll have to check that out. For me the biggest problem for the extras shooting is when there are 6 or more players in the game. It just causes too much lag for me, can't see the screen very well, and more times than not, the flag carriers get caught up in the friendly fire when there are a lot of players. For me it gets difficult to keep track of who has the flag, and many times I've been in games where someone dropped the flag and missed out on those extra credits because of it which pretty much defeats the whole purpose of friendly flag in my book.
I've played with four, and many times we do the friendly fire thing just for fun and its worked out ok in those small games. I really can't remember getting extra credits though. :confused3 As I said, I'll be checking that out!

I like it better when the NON flag getters blow each other up... adds a bit of excitement to an otherwise boringish game AND adds points!!!

Sooooooooooooooo I am also willing to play friendly... message me in the game if you need another person :-)

caribbound said:
:rotfl: Does that mean I can't shoot the non-flag person? pirate:

LOL, CAR!! It was you, my friend, I was thinking of... Along with the 2 others that have been named already. All 3 of you know exactly who you are :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

I have to agree with Jewel, my non-combatitive friend, here. If it is a 2 on 2 player game, I don't mind as much the shooting going on between the non-flag runners. But when there's 3 on 3 or 4 on 4, there is way too much ammo flying around. More often then not, the person carrying the flag gets shot accidentally, but it costs that team credits each time that happens. I just feel at this point, if you want to shoot, join a regular game... :confused3 Plus, I find the games run faster, if you just get the flag and end the round as fast as possible.

I guess we should put in a disclaimer.... there's DIS rules and then there's PINK JEWEL rules...

tigressjewel said:
I'm up for friendly flag today.. pick me !

I never noticed that you get extra credits for shooting boats in the flag game, I'll have to check that out. For me the biggest problem for the extras shooting is when there are 6 or more players in the game. It just causes too much lag for me, can't see the screen very well, and more times than not, the flag carriers get caught up in the friendly fire when there are a lot of players. For me it gets difficult to keep track of who has the flag, and many times I've been in games where someone dropped the flag and missed out on those extra credits because of it which pretty much defeats the whole purpose of friendly flag in my book.
I've played with four, and many times we do the friendly fire thing just for fun and its worked out ok in those small games. I really can't remember getting extra credits though. :confused3 As I said, I'll be checking that out!

5 credits per shot, usually 15 total if you sink in one shot the black pearl, maybe 20 for the standard ship. No bonus for sinking them since you are not taking away their credits if they have already shot someone else.

I guess I'll have to look for Bears, Duck and Mal... :rolleyes1 ...can't say I'd want a witch for dinner though. :scared1:

I'd love to play some friendly later today! Threeboys mom what is your vmk screen name? Can you pm it to me? I'm the same as here..

threeboysmom said:
LOL, CAR!! It was you, my friend, I was thinking of... Along with the 2 others that have been named already. All 3 of you know exactly who you are :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

I guess we should put in a disclaimer.... there's DIS rules and then there's PINK JEWEL rules...

Now, now Kim, you don't have to mention names! I know who I am! I am "DUCK GIVEN CANNON - WHO FOR THE GOOD OF THE WORLD, MUST SHOOT WITCHES WHOM WILL MELT IF SHOT ENOUGH TO HIT THE WATER!" Actually, it's when she melts that she is tasty as a soup appetizer!! :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

And, umm, not trying to create too many sets of rules here, but you did forget that while Mal will vehemently proclaim DIS RULES for a game, she does (quietly) add, except WITCH/DUCK! :lmao:

Speaking of which, am I too late already today for Witch hunting? :teeth:

You all are too much for Pink!! LOL! I like the feeling of being free - no fingers tied to those stupid arrow keys. I can keep them on my keyboard where they belong so I can talk to my heart's content :love:

Why shoot when you can talk? (why eat for that matter, but that's another story...) Jewel girly, pull up your boat next to mine and let's chat... :rotfl2:

And, by the way, my VMK name is PinkGirlygirl (in my signature) ;)

I never noticed either that you got extra credits by shooting non flag carriers. I have to agree with Jewel and Pink though, when it is too many players, the flag carriers sometimes get caught up in the friendly fire.

However, I really do enjoy being turned into that little row boat. It may just be me but I absolutely love that row boat, it is the funniest thing I have ever seen.

Jewel and Pink, if you want to turn me into a row boat, go right ahead.

Thanks for the morning games, will be back shortly to return to the high seas.

Ahhhhhh!!!!! Finally found the Dis Rules! Woot! :thumbsup2

Although after a lesson or two from Caribbean Gal...I think I got the hang of it. :rotfl:

Thanks for posting...

Kit, who will try to keep her cannons in check pirate:

just a friendly bump because I've been hearing many people I am unfamiliar with ask if it's a friendly game. Granted DIS and VMK are both WAY too big for me to be familiar with everyone, so just let others know "I've read the rules". pirate:

I will say, the best games I had were last week, four on four, all DIS, and NOT friendly. RIP DLRWill. :rotfl2: ;)

These rules also go by the Dizanimator and Duck title called " Lets sink the Gnome!"

I will say, the best games I had were last week, four on four, all DIS, and NOT friendly. RIP DLRWill. :rotfl2: ;)

What? We weren't playing friendly? Egads! I guess that was my problem :p

Thanks for the fun games. Remember that friends who care gift cannon shot heh.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter