DIS oldtimers (well newtimers too) where are you?

Dan - I don't think that James will ever change his opinion of us. :D

He is married with two sons, Hudson who turns 4 next month and Oliver who just celebrated his first birthday. They live 30 minutes away and I spend at least one day a week with them. Hudson is on the spectrum and has lots of support from all of us. The county where they live provides many services to help him in the areas where he needs assistance. He is very bright, but has difficulty communicating.

Sarah had a daughter Addison who is 4 going on 14. I have been her "Grandpa Daycare" since she was a month old. Addison hasbeen reading since she before she turned years old. Sarah left her Disney job after 9 years and moved home. We sold our Florida retirement home last year. Two months ago, my mother-in-law Marge moved in with us, so we have 4 generations: Marjorie Ellen, Susan Ellen, Sarah Ellen, and Addison Ellen.

Happy Thanksgiving to you all.
Thanks the update, John. Nice, 3 lovely grandkids!

Nice James is so nearby. And great that the county is there, along with all of you, to provide the necessary support for Hudson. Wonderful!

And Sarah! Laughing at Addison, 4 going on 14. Reminds me a bit of Vince's Delaney, 6 going on 16. Ha.

How neat about the 4 generations under one roof, 4 Ellen's. Are you back in Ohio now?

ETA--I agree about James. I think he will always think we're weird. :laughing:

Last edited:

Hi I am still here and still with Dreams with my stroke back in 2016 I get more tired sooner but I am still working some.
Great to see you, Marla. Glad to hear you are still working some. How's Kara doing? Is she still the swimmer?
I'm still here too.

Joined when planning WDW trips with my kids, who are now both adults with their own kids. Went to WDW in August with DH, DD, her DH, their two kids, and their other grandparents.

I remember Towncrier and Dan from the infamous Riddlecon.
Amazing how that happens, eh, Carol? The kids grow up all of a sudden and then the grandkids come along.

Riddlecon was an experience for a lifetime, wasn't it? So much fun. Those days in the past were really something here. Marla and Kara above were there also.

Here's a Riddlecon link. The board has been trashed so often I finally gave up on redoing all the captions. At least there are still some pictures, (not all, some are trashed again :mad: ) Great memories

https://www.disboards.com/threads/d...imers-too-where-are-you.1040191/post-62503389
I’m pretty busy these days with chasing the kids off my lawn.
GS, good seeing you drop by also. Keep those darn kids off your lawn. :laughing: :thumbsup2

I only check the Disboards when someone posts on this thread. Such fond memories and some great lifelong friends.
I Talk to Sarah and John semi REgularly for one reason or another plus we only live few hours apart.
Great seeing you pop in also, John. Always nice to see you. Hope you, Sue and the kids (grandkids maybe?) are all doing well. I wonder if James still thinks we are all weird here. :laughing:

Amazing that this thread, almost 17 years old now, keeps popping up and still brings friends together, to share news or even if only to say hello once in awhile.

As you said, John, wonderful memories, lifelong friends.
I think about you sometimes also Dan and My husband Danny always talked about you and your beautiful pictures with your "old" camera.
Sadly Danny lost to Covid back in December of 2020. I have personal "nurse" feelings about things related to his death but I can't do anything but Carry on and Cherish his memories.

Hi Dan

Kara only swims occasional these days, she is married and living about 4 hours north of me.
That's great, Marla. A belated congratulations to Kara. I sure do remember those swimming days.
i check in once in awhile

I Talk to Sarah and John semi REgularly for one reason or another plus we only live few hours apart.

I think about you sometimes also Dan and My husband Danny always talked about you and your beautiful pictures with your "old" camera.
Sadly Danny lost to Covid back in December of 2020. I have personal "nurse" feelings about things related to his death but I can't do anything but Carry on and Cherish his memories.
When John passed the news on about Danny's health and then his subsequent passing, now almost 2 years ago, it was such a shock. We lost our very best life-long friend, same month, same reason. Sad times for so many.

I felt so good having met you both and having had those camera discussions with Danny. Seems like yesterday. Fun times back then. Those memories you speak of, Juli, they'll be with you for a lifetime and beyond. You and Danny, Juki, 2 good people. :hug:'s

And so nice to see you here also, S. 22 years makes you and old timer for sure.
I think it's actually 23 or 24 years Dan--gosh, hard to believe nearly a quarter of a century! I don't recall exactly what happened, but I joined in what I believe was 1998 (but, due to being old, will concede to 1999) and they went through a server change or something around 2000 that had me recreate my ID. I don't think I understood the assignment as others were able to retain their original ID's. Did you go through that too? Gosh, those were the days. The user base was growing leaps and bounds and Pete's team was doing a great job to make sure the space grew with the users. Those were also the days when we were not suspicious of "friending" each other on Facebook-we were so desperate for a community of "those in the know". That makes me wonder how many users there are today. Back then, when the group reached 30,000, that was a huge deal! Could you imagine 30,000 people love Disney lol!

I think it's actually 23 or 24 years Dan--gosh, hard to believe nearly a quarter of a century! I don't recall exactly what happened, but I joined in what I believe was 1998 (but, due to being old, will concede to 1999) and they went through a server change or something around 2000 that had me recreate my ID. I don't think I understood the assignment as others were able to retain their original ID's. Did you go through that too? Gosh, those were the days. The user base was growing leaps and bounds and Pete's team was doing a great job to make sure the space grew with the users. Those were also the days when we were not suspicious of "friending" each other on Facebook-we were so desperate for a community of "those in the know". That makes me wonder how many users there are today. Back then, when the group reached 30,000, that was a huge deal! Could you imagine 30,000 people love Disney lol!
The board started in June, 1997. Then went from something-pop software to VBulletin software in August of 1999. Everyone had to reregister then, but could keep their original screen names. That's why you see a large number of August, 1999 start dates. I had come here in March, 1999. Then, back then, there were frequent 'board crashes' where posters post counts went back to zero, but still maintained start dates and names.

In April, 2000, there was some sort of a board update. I was a co-moderator here on the community board, along with about 5 or 6 others (what a great bunch, so much fun). Alex wanted me to be 'live' on the board when it went 'live' from the update, about 2 AM. I had to reregister at that early time, and that's where my April, 2000 date comes from. Hours later, after the update was stable, others did not have to reregister.

Those certainly were the days, wonderful memories. There are many fewer visitors here than back then. I know the community board used to do 7, sometimes 8 pages of new posts a day. Taking a look now...... about 1 1/2 pages for today, about average for now.

I always enjoy when some of the 'old timers', like you, S, stop by here to say hello.

The board started in June, 1997. Then went from something-pop software to VBulletin software in August of 1999. Everyone had to reregister then, but could keep their original screen names. That's why you see a large number of August, 1999 start dates. I had come here in March, 1999. Then, back then, there were frequent 'board crashes' where posters post counts went back to zero, but still maintained start dates and names.

In April, 2000, there was some sort of a board update. I was a co-moderator here on the community board, along with about 5 or 6 others (what a great bunch, so much fun). Alex wanted me to be 'live' on the board when it went 'live' from the update, about 2 AM. I had to reregister at that early time, and that's where my April, 2000 date comes from. Hours later, after the update was stable, others did not have to reregister.

Those certainly were the days, wonderful memories. There are many fewer visitors here than back then. I know the community board used to do 7, sometimes 8 pages of new posts a day. Taking a look now...... about 1 1/2 pages for today, about average for now.

I always enjoy when some of the 'old timers', like you, S, stop by here to say hello.
You have such a good memory!!! Thanks for keeping track, and for maintaining this thread. It's so nice to see familiar faces pop in now and then. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!