DIS oldtimers (well newtimers too) where are you?

Hello, hello! Guess who? Life sure has tossed us around. But we still love our Disney trips. We have a motorhome and camp at Fort Wilderness. I've got a muscle disease that now keeps me from being very active. I'm a scooter driving Disney guest! We've got two trips coming up! We'll be at the Fort in September, then we'll be hanging around Florida for a month and stop back for a Disney trip with two of our grands. Fun times for sure!! It's so nice to see some familiar names here.
Nice to see you, Barb, for real. A motorhome camping at FW sounds great. Sorry to hear about your new health issues. :hug:'s I have used a scooter for at least a half dozen or so past WDW visits. Could not do WDW without one. Enjoy your trips, especially with the grandkids. Life is good.
I am DVC and cautiously excited about DVC FW Cabins that will allow dogs.

We are in our late 70’s and are also Scooter Driving Disney Guests!

Enjoy your upcoming trips.
Those new cabins they are going to do at FW sound great, Bobbi.
I'm ready to race! Love you, Barb.:love::moped::moped::moped:
And great to see you pop in, Corrine. Add me to you, Barb and Bobbi, and we could have a 4 way race. :moped::moped::moped::moped:

It's been a very long time since I've posted on the DIS. I was very active at one time but felt that I needed to take a step away for a brief hiatus that turned into a long absence. I would come back to catch up on changes at the parks whenever we had a vacation planned but never posted. We bought into DVC about 15 years ago and used to go every year. Now it's every two to three years between visits. The kids have grown up and moved out. We have a two year old granddaughter now and another little girl will bless us in the fall. We are looking forward to taking the girls for Disney trips some day but right now trips to the zoo or the beach are enough. It's so nice to see so many old screen names are still active here.

And great to see you pop in, Corrine. Add me to you, Barb and Bobbi, and we could have a 4 way race. :moped::moped::moped::moped:
Another scooter rider here so sign me up for the race. Around 2000, I started showing very mild symptoms of a degenerative neurologic disease, Spastic Paraplegia. Now I can get around with a walker (I'm trying to figure out how to bungee it to a scooter-otherwise I won't be able to do any rides where I can't remain in my scooter.
Can't wait for the Cabins at Fort Wilderness being DVC. My first 3 WDW stays were there in the late 80s, early 90s, with our then young children. Such fond memories.

Another scooter rider here so sign me up for the race. Around 2000, I started showing very mild symptoms of a degenerative neurologic disease, Spastic Paraplegia. Now I can get around with a walker (I'm trying to figure out how to bungee it to a scooter-otherwise I won't be able to do any rides where I can't remain in my scooter.
Can't wait for the Cabins at Fort Wilderness being DVC. My first 3 WDW stays were there in the late 80s, early 90s, with our then young children. Such fond memories.
We have a parade started! :D :moped:
:moped: :moped: :moped: :moped: :moped: :moped: :moped:

Hey All! I've never been much of a poster so I'm not sure anyone members me. The Dis has been my favorite place to read about Disney and help with planning since way back in the "can of corn" days. Our family has done some really fun things using tips from here, a lot of those things no longer exist but we are happy for the memories the Dis helped us create.

Those scooter's sure are helpful, Dorothy. And WDW is quite accommodating. Maybe some attachment ideas here...

We have a parade started! :D :moped:
:moped: :moped: :moped: :moped: :moped: :moped: :moped:
:laughing: :thumbsup2

Hey All! I've never been much of a poster so I'm not sure anyone members me. The Dis has been my favorite place to read about Disney and help with planning since way back in the "can of corn" days. Our family has done some really fun things using tips from here, a lot of those things no longer exist but we are happy for the memories the Dis helped us create.
Can of corn memories automatically makes you an 'oldtimer' Beezle. Nice to see you. :wave:

OMG the "can of corn" days... 😄 Thank you for the laugh, I needed that this morning!!

OMG the "can of corn" days... 😄 Thank you for the laugh, I needed that this morning!!
Refresh my memory. I think the family was eating a can of corn in the MK. But was it regular canned corn or was it creamed corn (the signature meal)?

Refresh my memory. I think the family was eating a can of corn in the MK. But was it regular canned corn or was it creamed corn (the signature meal)?

I don't even remember -- I just remember that not only did they pop open a can of corn to eat, which is hilarious enough, but the way the original poster relayed the story just had me falling out of my chair. 🤣 Good times.

@Simba's Mom , Tom rigged this up for me. You can see bungee cords by my neck, and lower pair were attached to the back near the seat. You do have to be sure the top of the walker doesn’t interfere with the Drive mechanism. That would be dangerous, as the scooter then could move without power. That lever is what allows CM to move the ECVs around. We had a problem with the ECV moving on a bus but once we knew what to look for it hasn’t happened.

I actually have been able to go back to using a cane, but knowing this has worked gives me peace of mind.

1684864775316.jpeg

Hey, Gina, great to see you again. It's been ages! How is your son? He has to be in, or maybe finished with college by now. And your dad?

I don't even remember -- I just remember that not only did they pop open a can of corn to eat, which is hilarious enough, but the way the original poster relayed the story just had me falling out of my chair. 🤣 Good times.
The corn story...

This should get you up to speed on the corn story
@Simba's Mom , Tom rigged this up for me. You can see bungee cords by my neck, and lower pair were attached to the back near the seat. You do have to be sure the top of the walker doesn’t interfere with the Drive mechanism. That would be dangerous, as the scooter then could move without power. That lever is what allows CM to move the ECVs around. We had a problem with the ECV moving on a bus but once we knew what to look for it hasn’t happened.

I actually have been able to go back to using a cane, but knowing this has worked gives me peace of mind.

View attachment 762428
That looks great, Bobbi, as do you!!

Alright, @Kirk, come on out and let us know how Clara is doing, as well as your retirement! :wave:

assed quote link

Last edited:
Hey, Gina, great to see you again. It's been ages! How is your son? He has to be in, or maybe finished with college by now. And your dad?

Dan!! It's so great to see you again as well! 🥰 My son was in, flew through, and graduated from Texas A&M-Galveston several years ago, and is now a Marine Engineer. Can you believe this is the little boy you gave that cute Chicago keychain to all those years ago?

td offshore.jpg

Sadly, we lost my dad several years ago. But I'm told there's still pics of his guide dog, Newley, and Pluto hanging down in the Utilidors somewhere!

newley.JPG

And I got remarried a few years ago, and brought my new groom to WDW for his first trip! 💕

Fave 3 smaller.jpg

How have YOU been??

I can not WAIT to dig back into that!! Thank you for the link!! 😁

Alright, @Kirk, come on out and let us know how Clara is doing, as well as your retirement! :wave:

assed quote link
Watched Clara take her 1st steps last night actually and she will she WDW for her 1st Birthday next month actually. Headed down to watch her practice now. I'll take some photos.

Dan!! It's so great to see you again as well! 🥰 My son was in, flew through, and graduated from Texas A&M-Galveston several years ago, and is now a Marine Engineer. Can you believe this is the little boy you gave that cute Chicago keychain to all those years ago?

View attachment 762485

Sadly, we lost my dad several years ago. But I'm told there's still pics of his guide dog, Newley, and Pluto hanging down in the Utilidors somewhere!

View attachment 762488

And I got remarried a few years ago, and brought my new groom to WDW for his first trip! 💕

View attachment 762502

How have YOU been??

I can not WAIT to dig back into that!! Thank you for the link!! 😁
Wow, so grown up. I do recall when he was just a little guy. Looks like I am looking at a picture from Nat Geo or similar. What a career! Hope he, or you still have that Chicago Mickey, like a collector's item. They have not been made for probably 20 years now.

Sorry about dad, Gina. :hug:'s And I sure do remember Newley, the best!! And yes, that great Newley/Pluto photo. The best.

Well, congratulations to both you, and your lucky husband. Is he hooked on Disney yet? Or was that part of pre-nup requirements? :earsgirl::earsboy: Great picture of you both, very nice.

Me? Doing okay. Aging aches and pains, but still ticking. Have not been to WDW in 6 years now, way too long. Missing the place. Our 5 grandkids do keep Marie and I both busy enough. :love:

View attachment 762428
Thanks so much. Hopefully we'll figure it out. I really appreciate seeing that it worked for someone.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter