DIS Ladies Only Meet 2006 Weight Loss Challenge - Starts March 28

I decided to drop by and read up on the challenge. My problem is inactivity. I bring work home every night and spend most of my evenings sitting in front of the computer. If I'm not working I'm playing games or DISing. I was so inspired I got up, washed a sinkful of dishes, loaded the washer, and took a walk. That may not seem like a lot but believe me I never take a walk. You're all invited along on my next trek. I've got to get ready for walking around the parks all day. It will be hard keeping up with you younglings! :)

CarolynNC said:
I decided to drop by and read up on the challenge. My problem is inactivity. I bring work home every night and spend most of my evenings sitting in front of the computer. If I'm not working I'm playing games or DISing. I was so inspired I got up, washed a sinkful of dishes, loaded the washer, and took a walk. That may not seem like a lot but believe me I never take a walk. You're all invited along on my next trek. I've got to get ready for walking around the parks all day. It will be hard keeping up with you younglings! :)

Great job Carolyn. That is what I am going to start with. The simple things. I am starting to add more water back to my diet now and walk a bit more. Walking is really good for you, its easy and its free! We can ALL walk! :thumbsup2

AdventurerKat said:
Welcome and thank you for sharing your story. I know for someone who is shy that had to be very diffifult but you did it and I know just getting it out there has to feel good. :grouphug: I truly believe that we are all in this together now and are going to help one another.

There is something I haven't shared with you all yet that I just wanted to say. I moved down here to Florida last March. And while I love the weather, I have been very lonely and felt really disconnected. Honestly, its hard to make new friends when you are 36 and working in a very small office. I also have two small children so I don't get out much. Anyway, I haven't made a single new friend in Sarasota since I moved here. But these past couple of weeks, I have to say, that the sadness I have felt with all my friends being in Seattle and not making any new ones has dissipated. And I know why. I feel like I have made about 20 or so new friends all at once (the active posters on the threads, although I hope to make friends of the whole group by the time we leave Orlando). I have been a part of these boards since 2001 and I haven't felt the friendship and support that I have going on within the main trip thread and this one since I started DISing.

So I just want to tell you all that I am really grateful first to Beth to starting this whole thing, and second of all to all of you for joining in and joining in this weightloss quest too because its really made me feel a part of something with friends which is something I haven't had for a good year now, save the two visits I have had from friends in Seattle (and one coming up too!) I have been lucky enough to meet one DISer and she was great. I look forward to meeting all of you in September.

And I will stop with all the mushy stuff now or I might cry (or make some of you ladies sick, lol.)

:grouphug:

macraven said:
i have an idea. why don't we tell you what our weight is but add about 30 pounds to it so in case we don't lose our goal weight we won't feel bad when we see each other........it makes sense to me. if i can't lose the weight like i want to then i will still feel good in meeting everyone if they think i did lose some weight.

sometimes i think a little different. it's my way of surviving.

You are a silly girl. And the only ones who are going to know whether you have lost weight (or not) are you and me. And I won't tell. Whether you do or not is up to you. That's one of the reasons my boss made me the one who did the tracking, she knew I wasn't going to rat her out when she gained five instead of lost it. :)

I am also glad I don't come across sounding COMPLETELY pathetic (o.k. maybe I did but let me pretend for a moment) but I went from being a girl who had lunch with a girlfriend at least once a week to someone who sees no one and frankly, that just sucks. So at least now I feel like I can come on here once (or fifty) times a day and get out my useless babble to someone (or thirty or fourty someones). :thumbsup2

AdventurerKat said:
There is something I haven't shared with you all yet that I just wanted to say. I moved down here to Florida last March. And while I love the weather, I have been very lonely and felt really disconnected. Honestly, its hard to make new friends when you are 36 and working in a very small office. I also have two small children so I don't get out much. Anyway, I haven't made a single new friend in Sarasota since I moved here. But these past couple of weeks, I have to say, that the sadness I have felt with all my friends being in Seattle and not making any new ones has dissipated. And I know why. I feel like I have made about 20 or so new friends all at once (the active posters on the threads, although I hope to make friends of the whole group by the time we leave Orlando). I have been a part of these boards since 2001 and I haven't felt the friendship and support that I have going on within the main trip thread and this one since I started DISing.

So I just want to tell you all that I am really grateful first to Beth to starting this whole thing, and second of all to all of you for joining in and joining in this weightloss quest too because its really made me feel a part of something with friends which is something I haven't had for a good year now, save the two visits I have had from friends in Seattle (and one coming up too!) I have been lucky enough to meet one DISer and she was great. I look forward to meeting all of you in September.

And I will stop with all the mushy stuff now or I might cry (or make some of you ladies sick, lol.)
OMG, I am sitting here with tears running down my face. Good thing I have on water proof mascara or I'd really have to give you a piece of my mind. :teeth:

I feel the same way. I used to post on the CB and it was fun but it hasn't been until lately that I feel like I have made some real connections.

When we moved from CA to MI in summer of 04 I knew it would take some getting used to. But it has been really hard. We had to leave one of our cars in CA and so we only have the one and DH uses it for work. We will have been here two years this summer and I haven't met a soul.

We live out in the boonies too. It takes about 25 minutes to get to "town" and when we go in, it never fails that my DH will run into someone that he knows from work. I'm happy that he has made connections here but so bummed for myself. It's hard being home day after day with no one to talk to but my kids.

Being a SAHM is great but it's a lonely job. Having everyone here to chat with means so much to me and I hope that we continue to get closer and have a blast on this trip. :)

Welcome Michelle. I do have a short term goal. :) 15 pounds by my Mother's Day trip with my friends from Seattle. And my goal for the Ladies Trip, I think will be 40. I am not 100% sure on that yet. I am going to see how quickly I can dump that 15.

I didn't mean to make anyone else cry but me, honest Beth. Thank heavens for waterproof mascara! :thumbsup2

my goal is 39 lbs as that would put me under 200! We can do this. Just a little something I am proud of...today I went to DQ with some ladies from church...they all had pecan mudslides and I had....WATER! Go Me! :cheer2: Would love to hear all of your mini-successes!
Sarah

sahbushka said:
my goal is 39 lbs as that would put me under 200! We can do this. Just a little something I am proud of...today I went to DQ with some ladies from church...they all had pecan mudslides and I had....WATER! Go Me! :cheer2: Would love to hear all of your mini-successes!
Sarah

Sarah. You have inspired me to walk right past that candy dish at work tomorrow without even looking!

sahbushka said:
Just a little something I am proud of...today I went to DQ with some ladies from church...they all had pecan mudslides and I had....WATER! Go Me! :cheer2: Would love to hear all of your mini-successes!
Sarah
Your my new hero. :worship: :thumbsup2

mommaU4 said:
:sad: No one (sniff) wants to be (sniff) my friend. :guilty:

3.gif

i'm your friend also momma

macraven said:
sure, i stole 75 on saturday ?

How on earth did you make it out of there with 75?????!!! Do you work as part of a Mickey head stealing team?? Or are you like a Mickey head cat burglar??? Hmmm.

I can wait til we get there. I think. Unless I think of something really cool I want to do with them before hand. I think an assortment would be good.

Note to roomie---we're decorating!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter