DIS FIT 2021 New Hopes, Dreams & Goals, Chit Chat Thread

Congratulations to you on the 35lbs.

I've just started my "new life" journey but I've managed to shed 10lbs so far. Whatever ends up coming off is fine with me as it has been about the new way of eating and moving for me. I reward myself every 5lbs with some flowers. If I am able to reach my goal I have a trip to Disneyland in mind.

Hmmmm
JMHO (Just my honest Opinion)
I say think about your Health ,,,physical and mental wellbeing is important.
I think giving yourself the safety net of getting the vaccine right now before the surgery is important to both.
Go get the shot.
I feel baby number 2 should soon be on their way!

Hugs
Mel

thanks mel, i hope you’re right!

I've just started my "new life" journey but I've managed to shed 10lbs so far. Whatever ends up coming off is fine with me as it has been about the new way of eating and moving for me. I reward myself every 5lbs with some flowers. If I am able to reach my goal I have a trip to Disneyland in mind.
It's been slow. We started last fall. As a 49, perimenopausal woman....the weight is NOT coming off without a fight. I am frustrated when I look at dh and he's lost 60 lbs. It's annoying and frustrating. I can see the changes. I will have to go buy some new pants if I score new job. I'm shopping in my closet again, and that feels good. But it sucks to be stuck at a weight, eating great 95% of the time, along with walking almost every night, when you watch dh loose 60 lbs without having to give up much. He was still snacking on cookies, muffins and other sweet treats, and I stick to the plan 95% of the time. But I'm still digging and working at it. That's the main thing.
i’m still not eligible for one. which is fine, because i’m young, no risk factors, and i’m not an essential worker. but...i should have a risk factor, because i should be pregnant. we have been doing intensive fertility treatments for a while. we had a shocking treatment failure at the start of the year. again, i’m young and healthy and after all the investigating, my lab says it was just awful luck. egg retrieval #2 will be later this spring, hopefully with better luck.

so the tricky thing is that the recommendation for pregnant people is an mRNA shot. my province is vaccinating anyone who is currently pregnant right now, and they’re getting moderna or pfizer because those are the approved shots. it’s honor system. i can easily find appointments for this week. i would have some safety before going into the next surgery. plus, i would be getting the approved vaccine for pregnancy, which will hopefully matter when it comes time for the second shot. no one would know. but of course, i would know. i don’t need bad karma in this part of my life.

all in all, i feel like i’m in a total grey zone...i’m sure there are lots of people who feel like that with vaccine rollout. and i think the right thing to do is just wait. but geez does this compound my frustration about my ongoing fertility struggles.

I feel like soooo many people are frustrated right now. There available appointments for age groups, while other age groups are anxiously waiting for their turn.
We lucked out today, and I got both myself and dh an appointment (for tonight) to get our first shot. I wasn't sure if we would luck out and get an appointment, but I scored us one with the under the new guidelines. I am hoping that once this wave of people who wanted their shot in the 40-54 age group, they will lower it again! I am willing to not get my second one quicker, if someone else is able to get their first one done.

The finish line is far away in the distance, we can see it now, BUT we want it here faster. Hopefully for those who don't want the shot...that means those of us who actually want it, can get our first...and hopefully second shots faster. That's just my take on it.

Your mental health is super important right now, especially when your putting your body through all of what you are doing. Have faith, find some ways to keep your optimism and spirits high. Thank god spring is here. Our days are getting longer now, the trees are starting to bud....good things are on the rise. Hang in there :hug: :grouphug:

I feel like soooo many people are frustrated right now. There available appointments for age groups, while other age groups are anxiously waiting for their turn.
We lucked out today, and I got both myself and dh an appointment (for tonight) to get our first shot. I wasn't sure if we would luck out and get an appointment, but I scored us one with the under the new guidelines. I am hoping that once this wave of people who wanted their shot in the 40-54 age group, they will lower it again! I am willing to not get my second one quicker, if someone else is able to get their first one done.

The finish line is far away in the distance, we can see it now, BUT we want it here faster. Hopefully for those who don't want the shot...that means those of us who actually want it, can get our first...and hopefully second shots faster. That's just my take on it.

Your mental health is super important right now, especially when your putting your body through all of what you are doing. Have faith, find some ways to keep your optimism and spirits high. Thank god spring is here. Our days are getting longer now, the trees are starting to bud....good things are on the rise. Hang in there :hug: :grouphug:

thank you :) it felt really good to just rant and let my mix of feelings out! it’s been a tough road, and sometimes a very lonely one. but there have been high points too.

i really love seeing how many people, here and in my real life, are getting vaccinated. each shot is a step in the right direction for us all!

So mother nature had some fun with us this week. ;) I'm still walking most days, my son decided to come with me one night, I was thrilled. He's quite a bit taller than me, and obviously much younger, I was really out of breath keeping up with him, even though he was walking as slow as he could. The privilege of youth. So I've been thinking I need to try to speed up a little more, maybe I'm not trying as hard as I could.
Yesterday I was in the office, I put in 5,700 steps just in my work day. My desk, more of a cubby really, is at one end of the office, and the printer and washroom are at the other end of the office. It's a very long office. Makes me wonder what will happen when I retire. I hope the gym in my building is open by then, so I can keep moving through the winter. It's a little scary going into this phase of my life.
I hope everyone is well. Have a wonderful weekend.

I find the same thing as you @AdamsMum but for me it's when I walk with DH. He now walks just a step or so behind me. They aren't walking faster (we are) their legs are just longer so they go further with each step.

The men in my family are all 6'3" plus. When we go to Disney the only way I Keep up is that I'm always in the lead as I know my way around and I have the park plan. Mother Goose leads the way are her little ducks follow along behind.

I got a little off my path yesterday I guess because the scale was up a bit today (yes, I weigh myself everyday). When I see that I double down and stay on the right path. No sweet anything for me today. Two steps forward one step back. Overall I know it will come off. I eat at a caloric deficit level everyday. Math says it should work. I keep my metabolism up by walking 1-1.5km 3 times per day and I do my shoulder exercises each evening when I might be tempted to snack.

I promised myself a new dog if I dropped 50lbs over the course of the next year. I'm determined (I really want that dog).

Time to get back into the garden now that Mother Nature has finished dumping her April snow on us.:daisy:
Not sure about your area but 3 Tim Hortons in my area are closed down.:coffee:
I made my own Mc Cafe coffee in a Thermos and sat in the Parking lot and people watched for 1/2 hr.:car:
(Some habits are hard to change).

Happy relaxing Sunday everyone!
Hugs
Mel

Last edited:
So mother nature had some fun with us this week. ;) I'm still walking most days, my son decided to come with me one night, I was thrilled. He's quite a bit taller than me, and obviously much younger, I was really out of breath keeping up with him, even though he was walking as slow as he could. The privilege of youth. So I've been thinking I need to try to speed up a little more, maybe I'm not trying as hard as I could.
Yesterday I was in the office, I put in 5,700 steps just in my work day. My desk, more of a cubby really, is at one end of the office, and the printer and washroom are at the other end of the office. It's a very long office. Makes me wonder what will happen when I retire. I hope the gym in my building is open by then, so I can keep moving through the winter. It's a little scary going into this phase of my life.
I hope everyone is well. Have a wonderful weekend.

I know what you mean about steps and being at work.
I was very typical for me to get all my steps for the day in when I was in school and that was just the mornings.
Now working from home it is not so easy,,,....
My son who walks with me says he strolls and I walk...lol.

I only work 1/2 days now ,,, semi retired and maintaining those steps is at times a challenge.
I think I will keep working past retirement just to stay active .lol

Hugs
Mel

Today is National Crayola day so pick up a crayon or pencil crayon and create some art.

Great idea ,,I picked up some new pencil crayons at Rexall last week and I was like a kid in a candy shop excited.
(I even got a free pencil sharpener)!!!!
I color my money saving challenge squares each week.
I've completed 3 1/2 charts so far. (each chart is for 1,000.00). This is for my new to me car fund.
Those adult coloring pages are a great way to refocus and relax too.

https://www.google.com/search?q=May...BAgUEAE&biw=1920&bih=937#imgrc=WsRtzwnmNJQLeM
Thanks for sharing Judy !
Hugs
Mel

Ok I'm really going into a deep dive on the calories thing. I made tea biscuits for a Sunday morning snack today. Before I ate one I thought I better just see how many calories were in each biscuit. I found this great website that allows you to put in a recipe and it will calculate how many calories for the recipe then you divide by # of servings and poof (I limited myself to one tea biscuit)

Recipe calculator

It's easy to track when you eat prepared food (It's on the label) but if you're making things from scratch I was just guessing. This may not be 100% accurate but it's better than a stab in the dark.

Great idea ,,I picked up some new pencil crayons at Rexall last week and I was like a kid in a candy shop excited.
(I even got a free pencil sharpener)!!!!
I color my money saving challenge squares each week.
I've completed 3 1/2 charts so far. (each chart is for 1,000.00). This is for my new to me car fund.
Those adult coloring pages are a great way to refocus and relax too.
I present to you my coloured boots picture and yes I did use Crayola crayons.
rain boots IMG_20210425_0001.jpg

Well we let go of a dream .... but we have lots of time to make another one.

The sons and I discussed our Christmas 2021 vacation to Disney.:santa:

This is what they said:
1, Way to many people from all over the World in one spot during a Pandemic.
2. Young kids not vaccinated. //// We don't yet know how long our Vaccines will last yet.
3. Huge Christmas crowds /Parks /buses will be congested.
4. We are kind of a go with the flow family and having to pre book Parks/Rides/Dining reservations etc. would take the spontaneity out of our holiday.
5. Uncertainty of Parades/ Character Interactions / Evening Fireworks etc. happening.
6. Uncertainty of what Health Insurance is going to entail.
So all in all we voted to stay in Canada and plan something here.

Now the great Christmas 2021 Ontario holiday plans begin.🎩

Hugs
Mel

P.S.
I listed & rented my Disney Condo/Villa out in less than 1 day to a nice young lady from Massachusetts USA.
I hope she has a great time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter