DIS FIT 2021 New Hopes, Dreams & Goals, Chit Chat Thread

That's great Mel. My brother, his wife and my niece, who's a teacher all have appointments within the next 2 weeks. Now I'm starting to feel like we are making progress.

I agree.... we are moving along in the right direction!
Hugs to you
Mel

Well, I have finally been able to get out and start walking again since contracting Covid

MY lungs are definitely not healed yet. I did my smaller loop last night. I had to do the smaller loop, as my lungs were physically hurting. I wasn't breathless, but they were achy/hurt. I felt like my body wanted to walk at my previous pace, but my lungs were hurting too much to try to do that.

Hopefully this is not a last side effect. I will keep on heading outside to walk in the evenings ( maybe mornings if I could actually drag my bu!t out of bed earlier ) and build up my stamina again. I was making some great strides and times. I was up to walking close to 7 km in just under 60 minutes. Even the dh was having a hard time keeping up with me.

I just think of Dory singing " 🎼 Just keep swimming, just keep swimming 🎼"

Thought I would share my Indy 500 Race Party pictures here. The driver who won the race always likes to climb the fence after he wins so my bears emulated him on the fence down the road.
The first picture is him climbing the fence and the next 2 are my re-creations. Yup I am sure that if my neighbours had seen me they would have wondered what I was up to. Good thing the chain link fence is only 1 house up the street and it leads to a walkway to the park.

210531080916-helio-castroneves-fence-exlarge-169.jpg
P5301733 helio and friends.jpgP5301730 helio and friends.jpg

Thought I would share my Indy 500 Race Party pictures here. The driver who won the race always likes to climb the fence after he wins so my bears emulated him on the fence down the road.
The first picture is him climbing the fence and the next 2 are my re-creations. Yup I am sure that if my neighbours had seen me they would have wondered what I was up to. Good thing the chain link fence is only 1 house up the street and it leads to a walkway to the park.

View attachment 578707
View attachment 578709View attachment 578708

Great recreation with the Bears Hon ,,I love them!
Hugs
Mel

Love the bears reaction!!!!

We are Nascar fans. Hoping they lift the travel restrictions so that I can purchase dh tickets for a race in 2021 for his 50th birthday. Crossing my fingers this happens before mid September so I can plan for his birthday which is the holiday weekend in October.

Apparently it's all about the time you eat it at. First thing in the morning or last thing at night.

this is not about fitness really, but about health. i’m going through yet another big medical thing this week, and i could use any extra good wishes you all have!
Wishing you
Lots of Faith , Trust and Tons of Pixie Dust
You Can Do This!!!
Hugs to you Hon
Mel

Last edited:
What Not To Do During A Pandemic.

I have built a HUGE fear of hospitals during Covid ,,like I just could absolutely NOT go there.
After a few months of abdominal pain I finally got my butt out the door and down to the Hospital.

Now I have had 3 c sections, appendix burst ,, abdominal adhesions but nothing comes close to this.
A week or so ago my Family Dr. found a nasty bacterial infection in the urine. She started treat with antibiotics for 7 days ,
one day after finishing the antibiotics the pain came back ten fold!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ( Can you say labor like pains).

So after spending the past night/day in the Emergency Dept. and having a special Premedication for contrast dye allergy
I had a CT scan which shows that I have Diverticulitis.
They gave me a shot of antibiotics into my IV and I start a regimen of 10 days treatment with antibiotics tomorrow.
I'll need to follow up with my family doctor.
So it's all about rest, hydration (apparently I am dehydrated) , and gentle foods this weekend.

So my advice: Do not be a big baby Mel and go to the hospital when needed.

P.S.
It's 3:30 am and the contrast dye is causing my hands to swell and hives are appearing (I just removed my rings),,,drinking a ton of water and taking Reactine and praying it goes away soon,:upsidedow

Have a restful and peaceful weekend everyone!
Gentle healing Hugs
Mel

Last edited:

I have built a HUGE fear of hospitals during Covid ,,like I just could absolutely NOT go there.
After a few months of abdominal pain I finally got my butt out the door and down to the Hospital.

Now I have had 3 c sections, appendix burst ,, abdominal adhesions but nothing comes close to this.
A week or so ago my Family Dr. found a nasty bacterial infection in the urine. She started treat with antibiotics for 7 days ,
one day after finishing the antibiotics the pain came back ten fold!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ( Can you say labor like pains).

So after spending the past night/day in the Emergency Dept. and having a special Premedication for contrast dye allergy
They gave me a shot of antibiotics into my IV and I start a regimen of 10 days treatment with antibiotics tomorrow.
So it's all about rest, hydration (apparently I am dehydrated) , and gentle foods this weekend.

P.S.
It's 3:30 am and the contrast dye is causing my hands to swell and hives are appearing (I just removed my rings),,,drinking a ton of water and taking Reactine and praying it goes away soon,:upsidedow

Gentle healing Hugs
Mel
Yikes - I hope it went away and you were able to get back to sleep and get some rest!

Healthy vibes to you too Marchingstar. Hope you're both doing better soon!

Aww Mel. You can't catch a break. Good thing to know is the diverti..... is manageable with diet. I know a couple of people who suffer with it. It's strange they haven't picked that up before now with a colonoscopy somewhere along the way.

Healing thoughts your way.

P.S.

Gentle healing Hugs
Mel

oh no! i hope that the antibiotics start making a big difference soon. and that the swelling went down so you can get some rest.

Oh what weekend this is turning ot to be.
Even with the premedication I just threw a full blown reaction....back in the Hospital at 4 am
I just got home.
So they gave me IV Benadryl & IV Prednisone.
Then we decided to try the new antibiotic in Hospital first just incase I was allergic to it.
All seems to be ok with the new antibiotic .
My skin all over my body is not itching anymore but I look and feel like a burnt
She sent me home with a script for prednisone for 3 days and a new EpiPen.
Ok I am heading to bed...night all.

Hugs Mel

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter