DIS DVC 1000 Point Club (post #1 updated 02/10/2023)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right now, we only have 400 points. But, we are thinking about buying a large contract at HHI. My question is that the dues are going to be in the $1900 range. So, with that said, is it better for us to just pay cash for the nights we stay and not buy? Please tell me the advantages of owning a large contact given the maintenance fees are higher with the larger contracts. Thanks.

This thread brings a :) to my face! I am glad that you all have been blessed in such a way to have 1000+ points. My husband and I just purchased our first 200 point contract 2 weeks ago. I would LOVE to retire at DW (although I don't like the humidity in the summer)! I am glad too that so many of you have wrriten about sharing your points with family and coworkers. I hope to be able to do the same thing now and in the future. I guess you can say I have an "Oprah" complex!! Meaning, I want to be able to give as much as I can to those I can, since I have been blessed with so much!

Just what I needed to see. :teeth: I/we are seriously thinking of adding to our total, 550.

Bobbi :goodvibes

Patty3 said:
Right now, we only have 400 points. But, we are thinking about buying a large contract at HHI. My question is that the dues are going to be in the $1900 range. So, with that said, is it better for us to just pay cash for the nights we stay and not buy? Please tell me the advantages of owning a large contact given the maintenance fees are higher with the larger contracts. Thanks.

The maintenance fees are higher but you get the same relative value in a large contract as you do with smaller contracts. The concerns I have with large conracts is that they are likely to be harder to sell and you cannot split them if you wanted to reduce points or gift to children. I prefer to buy multiple contracts in the 100 to 300 range. I think that keeps them within the sweet spot of the market without getting so small that closing and sales costs become overly burdensome on a per point basis

JimC,

Please add us to the list! We purchased an add-on this weekend bringing our total points (all at SSR) to 1020. :cool1: :dance3: :goodvibes

Add us to the list also. We bought an add on in October, bringing our total to 1000 points. We own at BCV, WL, SSR. Even with 1000 points, there are a lot of times that I wish we had more points:) . I know--just crazy.:crazy2:

Congrats to the newest members! :thumbsup2

I'm guessing it will take us 4 or 5 years to get to the 1000 points club, with doing one add-on a year. :goodvibes :wishgoal :goodvibes

Wow, didn't know there was a new thread started... and I see we have dropped to #38!

Gosh I wish we could do an add on! :lmao:

Edited to add I didnt know this was an OLD new thread.. sorry for bumping. The Original thread was bumped and someone linked to this one and I thought... well... I dont know what I thought lol

Wow ... this definitely gives me something to work towards ... I've already added on at SSR and AKV ... Maybe they'll annouce CRV as soon as SSR sells out and I can buy more points there too!

There really needs to be an 'Addonitis Support Group' here on the DIS. ;)

I would like to add on some AKL points as well. I miss my old slot at 1200+ points. I lost some ground when I sold my BWV points but added a new Vero Contract so now I have 1085 but somehow I am out of points for 2007-2008 already.

Updating with information from Doc's recent "How many DVC points do you own" poll.

So happy for all of you. Just popping in to say, "congratulations and enjoy!!"

One day. One day.

Oh Jim, I was really weak today and did a 100 pt AKL add on. Now I have 1405pts. Can you please update me, and ssshhhh I haven't told hubby yet! What happens at DVC stays at DVC!!! Thanks :banana:

Oh Jim, I was really weak today and did a 100 pt AKL add on. Now I have 1405pts. Can you please update me, and ssshhhh I haven't told hubby yet! What happens at DVC stays at DVC!!! Thanks :banana:

Done and done :goodvibes

Jim,

Please sign me up for the 1000 point club, we have 1660 points spread acrossed HH, OKW, SSR, BCV and VWL

thanks

I'd be happy with 100:) lol...Working on it...DVC tour scheduled for 9/1..however....we're still on the fence with resale and direct through Disney!
Trust me...if I had 1000 I'd be darn proud and share the news too!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter