Dis / Dreams Viking Sea Cruise around Italy 3/24 - 3/31/2018

Discussion in 'The DIS Unplugged Podcast' started by DisneyKevin, Feb 1, 2017.

1. corky441

corky441 DIS Veteran

We're flying out Wednesday 3/21
    Returning Wednesday 4/4

Flights are Delta #444 & #475

JWren1234, apurplebrat and TheMaxRebo like this.
  2. JWren1234

JWren1234 Disney Adventurer

I'm also on #444 on Wednesday 3/21, looking forward to seeing you and Dino!

Jason

Last edited: May 18, 2017
    YZFMoose, corky441 and TheMaxRebo like this.
  3. Avatar

Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  4. Jay1075

Jay1075 Earning My Ears

Finally booked our flights and a 3 night pre-stay in Rome. Nothing direct (in my price range) from Boston, but we can deal with one quick stop over. Can't wait! :)

5. corky441

corky441 DIS Veteran

That's great Jason. Can't wait to see you again. It's been too long
    Are you staying at the Bernini Bristol?

JWren1234 likes this.
  6. Cousin Orville

Cousin Orville Inventor of Air Cooling

We went ahead and booked our flights as well. Arriving in Rome on the 21st. Departing early on the 2nd.

corky441 and OKW Lover like this.
  7. JWren1234

Yes, I'm staying there too! I also opted to include the transfer from the airport to the hotel.

Jason

apurplebrat and corky441 like this.
  8. corky441

corky441 DIS Veteran

We booked the transfer too. I wonder if they'll put us together or send two cars???

apurplebrat likes this.
  9. corky441

corky441 DIS Veteran

Jason,

Dino just checked and the car seats 3.

Can you cancel your transfer? Then we can go together and you'll only have to pay 1/3 of the cost. We've already prepaid for the car

10. JWren1234

Thank you very much! I will check to see if I can cancel the transfer.

Jason

corky441 likes this.
  11. Cackyschmackers

Cackyschmackers DIS Veteran

I'm looking at these flights as well. I am bummed the flight to Rome is using Alitalia equipment. Does anyone know if they tend to change equipment closer to the time? Would love to actually fly on Delta's equipment. Also, is the company in bad shape? Wondering why mention of them going under?

12. OKW Lover

OKW Lover Retired and living 2 miles from The Castle. DIS Lifetime Sponsor

That's not a normal occurrence. However, we are so far out that if thing happen like Alitalia abandoning that particular route (not likely) then another airline might add a flight.

I notice you said "change equipment" when I believe you meant "change carriers", equipment changes can and do happen. Especially this far out. The airlines are constantly introducing new aircraft or retiring older aircraft. They also adjust the size of aircraft on particular routes depending on typical passenger loads during different seasons.

13. Cackyschmackers

Yeah, I meant equipment, although carrier would determine that, so I guess, yes carrier from Alitalia to actually Delta. Those Delta planes look so much nicer. I'm just going by recent history, looking at what's offered now and a few months out. I hate to make my decision based on something that may change. But I kind of am, since I'm also looking at the nonstops from PHL>FCO and VCE>PHL. Just not sure how long to wait. My husband thinks air is only going to go up... ugh

14. TheMaxRebo

TheMaxRebo DIS Veteran

I contacted Delta to see if a Delta carrier flight would be add for the 22nd as every other day that week has one and they said they don't see anything that would indicate one would be at this point but it could be

15. Cackyschmackers

oh my goodness:crazy2::crazy2::crazy2:

16. corky441

corky441 DIS Veteran

As it stands right now, Alitalia is in bad shape financially. They are looking to sell the airline.
    Since they are the flagship line for Italy, I doubt they will go under completely.
    That being said, I wouldn't plan a future flight on that airline at this time personally

Last edited: May 20, 2017
  17. OKW Lover

OKW Lover Retired and living 2 miles from The Castle. DIS Lifetime Sponsor

We have a long, long time before this trip. I wouldn't rush to book a flight.

18. Cousin Orville

Cousin Orville Inventor of Air Cooling

Agreed. The only reason I booked this far out was I was booking on frequent flyer miles and sometimes when flights are first released they have super saver offers.

OKW Lover likes this.
  19. Cackyschmackers

I only began looking when i realized there are nonstops we want to book. The PHL>FCO leg is already available and filling up. Of course, since it's an overnight, we are particular about our seats. But the VCE>PHL nonstop is not even released yet. Just keeping an eye out since we really want to be on the nonstops both ways.

20. TheMaxRebo

TheMaxRebo DIS Veteran

We were down g some research on when is best to book and the feeling is for international, and Italy specifically, a bit longer ahead than domestic and then because this is the week before Easter perhaps a bit earlier than that before a lot of people realize it is the week before Easter and start to book it up

Certainly you don't need to book tomorrow or anything but seems like a bit earlier for this trip than for a simple flight to Orlando or something

21. corky441

corky441 DIS Veteran

Just a heads up. If you're thinking of booking Delta flight 444 nonstop from JFK to Rome on Wednesday 3/21 ... almost half of economy is booked. Seats way in the back are available and those in the Economy Comfort upgrade section are still open.

Not only is it Easter weekend when our cruise ends, but the weekend we are in Rome is the beginning of Holy Week and Palm Sunday.

I'm thinking that flights will book up quicker and possibly get more costly.
    I could be wrong...

MaryKatesMom and TheMaxRebo like this.