DIS Divas Trip! (old thread, see first post for link to new one)

Here are everyones sigs that asked for them. Hope I didn't miss anyone. If I did, please message me. :goodvibes

RuthSig_zpsf894acac.png

VanessaSig_zpse44e7531.png

MarieSig_zps3e3ae790.png

I think Mel's post about the shirt colors makes the most sense of any of the ideas - even 'last years' idea. This way we get to wear our shirts for more than one year, and the oldest gets rotated out, and each year we get a beautiful new one. Newbies can just get the correct color shirt for each day without having to worry about spending extra money for a screen printed shirt. The order is set, no need to have anymore shirt discussions, except about the new shirt. It seems so easy, which is a bonus when we have so many people. And so many people posted and said they loved Mel's idea.
On the last day, the 'wear your favorite Disney shirt' didn't help me identify Divas, especially those that I only met briefly. I vote for sticking with our past shirts in a set order. Like Mel suggested.

Wow I agree with the others that said go away for a day and the thread blows up. Holy cow I had a lot to read LOL.

First of all January I SO hope you make it again next year. Of course I don't know how much "I" will be around as I have to deal with Katy's cheer deal again but no matter what I plan to try and hopefully go to the meet and greet and at least one of the group meals.

And I know it has become controversial but I have to say I like Mel's idea as well. I totally get that some don't like recycling the shirts but I have to agree having the same shirts (color AND design) really helped to find people. And I am lucky I guess in that I have all those shirts LOL. I still have my white tinkerbell and I made a jacket the pirate year so the only ones I don't have are from the first year that I didn't go. And on that note I will add that we DID do a BB meal the 2nd year as that was my first. I will def NOT forget that year as I am sure a lot of you remember the Ariel's lunch ordeal (no need to go into it but those that were there know what I am talking about) and later we had the same issue at BB. That year we also had a cafe orleans dinner and a breakfast at Storytellers.

Welcome to our 2 new ladies and hope to see and meet you next year!!

I am so bummed that I won't be able to do the entire trip next year and prob not the scavy hunt but I am just looking forward to seeing everyone again.

Andrea I would love a siggy too if that's ok. I too like Tink and would love a name in Blue. Kelly. Do I just click on it or something once you post it? And then how do I get it in my siggy. I am SUPER computer dork LOL

No problem Kelly, I can make one for you. :) To add it to your signature, you want to right click on the image once I have posted it and "copy image location". Then go into Edit Signature and click on the "insert image" icon (little yellow picture with mountains thats above the text box) and hit paste in the available box.

I hope that explains it clearly enough, as it's hard to type out instructions like that, lol.

They don't call us Divas for nothin.

:rotfl:

I like the idea of recycling the shirts as well. I didn't buy last year's shirt for pink day this year, but was able to find the right shade of pink at the Disney store. I think that worked out fine. And I dunno what you all are talking about, only wearing the shirts once a year... I'm wearing mine to work as soon as I get around to doing laundry.

Hi there, Tiggerholic!

I'll fax that form right over to you. ;) Actually, joining in is even easier than that! Just post on the thread and you're in. If you haven't already, read through the FAQs on the first page of this thread. There are also some fun pics to check out from the trip we just got back from.
If you have any specific questions after that, just let me, or anyone here on the thread, know and we will be happy to help you out.

If you feel comfortable doing so, you can tell us a bit more about yourself. We love getting new members. :cool1:

Thank you for the "Welcomes" and it looks like a GREAT group :goodvibes I have started looking at all the various pics/FAQs already and just wanted to know if we could leave now? :rotfl:

I'm mid-50's, married almost 25 yrs (April 14), live in Modesto, CA and started here on the DIS when VMK began. DH will ONLY go to DLR during Halloween because of his love of Jack Skellington, although I did drag him this past New Years Day so I could see the Christmas Castle/decorations. I love EVERYTHING about Disney which comes in handy with my 3 grand kids.

I did go down for a VMK meet back in 2006 and this past October met with some more very LOVELY ladies :hug: I am disabled, so will use a scooter and of course have a GAC card, but the limit is 6 people ... hehehe

Finally, as you can tell by my name here, Tigger is my guy :lovestruc Growing up and having surgery every year, some times twice a year, I took on the attitude of having to bounce right on through life ... and I always will :dance3:

:hug:
Lyn

IMG_1132_zps72960db1.jpg

Hey Lyn, come on, let's go! I can be packed in a jiffy! :rotfl: Ah, if only. ;)

I love Halloween, it's my favorite holiday, so I can totally get your husband wanting to go there that time of year. So fun. Jack is pretty awesome. ::yes::

Sounds like you've been through a lot with all those surgeries, but what a great attitude you have! :tigger:

And I dunno what you all are talking about, only wearing the shirts once a year... I'm wearing mine to work as soon as I get around to doing laundry.

I wore my pink one when we had our family trip there last year. It's my favorite one. But, I like pink. ;)

Yay Andrea I LOVE it. Thank you SOOO much!!! And hey I even figured out how to do it!! ;)

I agree I love ALL the shirts mel has designed. The first tink one we ordered from Zazzle and it was ok but NOTHING like Mel's lovely shirts. I don't think that white one would even fit me anymore as I have probably gained 60 lbs since that trip LOL. Heck maybe one day if I can ever get off my butt I will be able to fit in it again. :)

And the year with the pirate ones me and my lack of ability couldn't figure out the iron on so mom and I just made our own black jackets with a pirate princess decal and a diva one. That doesn't fit anymore either LOL.

I have worn the pink AND purple shirts around and I am sure I will wear the blue. I love them and always get compliments. :)

Hey Lyn, come on, let's go! I can be packed in a jiffy! :rotfl: Ah, if only. ;)

I love Halloween, it's my favorite holiday, so I can totally get your husband wanting to go there that time of year. So fun. Jack is pretty awesome. ::yes::

Sounds like you've been through a lot with all those surgeries, but what a great attitude you have! :tigger:

I've got my AP, so I'm ready to go at a drop of the hat and this one doesn't expire until Oct 7, 2013 ... think we'll be getting another :thumbsup2

The surgeries when I was younger weren't so bad, as kids are so resilient. A year ago was my 60th surgery, knee replacement, and that took a lot out of me. But I do believe in just pushing and pushing and taking NO for an answer :) I'm already looking forward to spending time at DLR without the ball and chain :rotfl2:

:hug:
Lyn

:rotfl:

I like the idea of recycling the shirts as well. I didn't buy last year's shirt for pink day this year, but was able to find the right shade of pink at the Disney store. I think that worked out fine. And I dunno what you all are talking about, only wearing the shirts once a year... I'm wearing mine to work as soon as I get around to doing laundry.

I wear mine a lot too!

Hi :wave2:

I am just speaking up the for quiet members that think Orange is only good at Halloween. Or a great breakfast drink.

Has anyone thought of a burgundy or Maroon :) Seems the Orange group is speaking loud and clear. Or a royal green.

There are many colours of the rainbow :) Though white would not be a good choice if you do splash with out a rain poncho :)

Just wondering how difficult it may be to choose colours for a design that would go well with orange.

Now I will continue to keep watching the thread for the go with the orange glow gals popcorn::

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter