DIS Dads in December - Let the Party Bus Roll!

okw isnt our home resort,we have to wait till 7 mon. window also. we have never had a problem getting a two bedroom at okw.:lmao: good luck on your resi.!!!:thumbsup2

I loved staying at OKW had a two Bed right off the 7th green( building 64 I think it was) when play I could park the golf cart right at my patio and go in and get a few refreshments.:drinking1
I am hoping to make it in Dec just not sure of week yet.Will start off with res at our home resort of SSR (may go tree house as they are part of home resort) and shoot for the 7 month window at the BWV( got to be close to the "Man Cave" at ESPN Zone,Plus like walking into Epcot for my world beverages!!!:drinking1)
Will keep you guys posted as soon as I can nail down the dates:surfweb:

I loved staying at OKW had a two Bed right off the 7th green( building 64 I think it was) when play I could park the golf cart right at my patio and go in and get a few refreshments.:drinking1
I am hoping to make it in Dec just not sure of week yet.Will start off with res at our home resort of SSR (may go tree house as they are part of home resort) and shoot for the 7 month window at the BWV( got to be close to the "Man Cave" at ESPN Zone,Plus like walking into Epcot for my world beverages!!!:drinking1)
Will keep you guys posted as soon as I can nail down the dates:surfweb:

Great! As soon as you get something planned (even in rough form) I'll update the roster. Glad to have you aboard!

Your not going without me.

Screen name: Baloo4you
Family: DW, DD9, DS2
Dates: Dec. 4-11
Place: CR
Driving from MS Gulf Coast.:santa:

Your not going without me.

Screen name: Baloo4you
Family: DW, DD9, DS2
Dates: Dec. 4-11
Place: CR
Driving from MS Gulf Coast.:santa:

We wouldn't dream of it! Welcome aboard - you have been added to the official roster!

Wow, we're not even into the 2nd week of the year and I think we are already looking at 25 people total so far.

Does anyone else have a scuba cert.?

Wow, we're not even into the 2nd week of the year and I think we are already looking at 25 people total so far.

Does anyone else have a scuba cert.?

you can add three more people to that list. we are traveling with another family so we are a party of 6. 6 people, 2- two bedroom units at okw.:woohoo:

I won't mention how jealous I am that a BUNCH of the DisDads are getting together at DisneyWorld.... or how extreemly jealous I am that y'all are doing it at Christmas time when I really want to go!

:mad:

I won't mention how jealous I am that a BUNCH of the DisDads are getting together at DisneyWorld.... or how extreemly jealous I am that y'all are doing it at Christmas time when I really want to go!

:mad:

The HGTV special about how they get the parks ready for Christmas was the final push my wife needed to get on board.

The HGTV special about how they get the parks ready for Christmas was the final push my wife needed to get on board.

I think I saw that episode... it was pretty cool seeing how it's all done and coordinated. I'm still working on DW....... :rolleyes1

When do they tape the parade? This yr it was late cause of rain outs but what is the normal time frame?

When do they tape the parade? This yr it was late cause of rain outs but what is the normal time frame?

I believe it is normally the 1st weekend in December. We got an email asking for volunteers to attend but replied too late to get accepted. From what I've heard from the other Dads who have attended in the past it is now off my list of things to do.

Closer to confirming dates. Looks like Dec3rd through Dec11th is going to be the dates.Going to start off with staying at SSR or THV and wait listing BWV at the seven month window.:goodvibes

User Name - Disney Commando
Real Name - Ron
Dis Trip - Dec 5 - 11
Resort - ASM

Kudos! To Barry for starting this page, and working on logo!!

To make this work will be a TEAM effort, even is you can not make this date, all Dad's will have a important role.

First thing we have to come up with is a offical shirt, color, logo etc. Got to get it out there that we are here! Maybe even a window decal for your car, ex. Member of the Dis Dads Club@ Dis Boards. com , This will most likely add members and ideas, and would be a positive thing (will get into that at later time)

2nd - What are our objectives, do we want to do, open a park, be in a parade, do we want to fill a whole ride like Space Mountain, Rock & Roll Rollercoaster etc. A group photo as mentioned is a must. We have to figure out at least 5 things that are not out of reason.

These are the things we should focus on now, and go from here.

If we take over a ride it would have to be the Barnstormer.After all Goofy is our mascot.Could you imagine the looks from everyone when the Dis Dads all hop on the barstormer?:rotfl2: It might make the local new lol:lmao:

If we take over a ride it would have to be the Barnstormer.After all Goofy is our mascot.Could you imagine the looks from everyone when the Dis Dads all hop on the barstormer?:rotfl2: It might make the local new lol:lmao:

Excellent idea!:thumbsup2 By the time we go we could probably fill the ride with just Dis Dads, the look on the CM's face when they ask how many, and then notice it's all Dads:scared1::eek: :lmao::lmao::lmao:

Excellent idea!:thumbsup2 By the time we go we could probably fill the ride with just Dis Dads, the look on the CM's face when they ask how many, and then notice it's all Dads:scared1::eek: :lmao::lmao::lmao:

i hope its still going to be there. when are they going to start ripping and tearing back there? theres all ways the tea cups!:lmao:

i hope its still going to be there. when are they going to start ripping and tearing back there? theres all ways the tea cups!:lmao:

comando, how did you like the contemp? dw and i stayed there last may for the first time for our 25th wed. an. we had a mk view room and on the 11th floor. it was great!! for christmas i had some of the pics we took framed and she has it hanging in our dining room. now dd wants to stay there! next june when she grads from hs and dances in wdw, i told her we can stay at the contemp for her grad. present. shes happier than if i would have bought her a new.

I think I read that the Barnstormer was staying where it is, but if they are ripping stuff apart by then they might have that section closed, I don't know when they are starting that whole project.

I don't remember too much about the Contemp since I was a kid, and didn't really pay attention to Resorts much.

The last time I stayed at the Contemp I was 17, I remember I was not to fond of the hallways going to the rooms, hieghts are not my thing and the view down was alittle :scared1: (When I was 5 A branch broke in a tree I was climbing and took a 15ft spill, since then, I don't take hieghts well:lmao:)
The prior stays we had lower levels.

I remember the 1st 2 trips they had juices in plastic containers that were shaped like the juice (I miss them they were really good) and you needed a ticket to go on all the rides.

I would like to stay at the Contemp again, but we are only in the room basicly to sleep and shower, and it is alittle pricey for not being in the room much.

I think I read that the Barnstormer was staying where it is, but if they are ripping stuff apart by then they might have that section closed, I don't know when they are starting that whole project.

I don't remember too much about the Contemp since I was a kid, and didn't really pay attention to Resorts much.

The last time I stayed at the Contemp I was 17, I remember I was not to fond of the hallways going to the rooms, hieghts are not my thing and the view down was alittle :scared1: (When I was 5 A branch broke in a tree I was climbing and took a 15ft spill, since then, I don't take hieghts well:lmao:)
The prior stays we had lower levels.

I remember the 1st 2 trips they had juices in plastic containers that were shaped like the juice (I miss them they were really good) and you needed a ticket to go on all the rides.

I would like to stay at the Contemp again, but we are only in the room basicly to sleep and shower, and it is alittle pricey for not being in the room much.

it is a bit pricey for what it is. we are ann. pass holders and they had a 50 percent off deal going last spring so it wasnt to to to bad. your paying for the view and we kept the certain open the entire time we were there. we were up high enough that you realy couldnt make out what was in the room. and if you could, we didnt care.:lmao: i think i slept a total of 3 hours per night that trip, it was great. i remember the ticket ordeal, the swan boats around the castle and the old tomorrow land. i have a few pics of the old magic kingdom. when my parents were alive, there basement got flooded out and destroyed alot of the pics but i have some yet. the rca sign in front of space mountain. dream flight was by eastern airlines. remember the arcade? back then there was no splash mtn or the runaway railroad. place has realy changed slowly over time if you think about it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter