DIS Dads in December - Let the Party Bus Roll!

Where do you see that, can you add a link to it?

I don't know how to do links yet, but click on news on the top of this page, then put countdown clock in the search box. Then click on the 1st Dis countdown clock listing, and it will bring you to the page. If anyone knows how to link it "go for it":eek: Still learning the pc

Well... right now it's on the second page of the countdown... so this link will be available for a limited time (a few months maybe)

DIS Dads Club Countdown

When the page opens, you'll need to scroll down until you find it. Or press Ctrl + F and search for "The Dis Dads Club".

ha barry, im in. im falling behind. confirm me for nov30th thru dec11th for old key west!! :thumbsup2

Hi Dads, I will be there with the clan 11/28/10 to 12/4/10. but I will not be at MK while they are taping the parade. :rotfl2:

This is great!!! I'm planning to be there on December 5th through 11th with my DD (17) and D'niece (16). My Sister and her daughter may join us.

ScreenName: GorshGoofy
Lodging: Pop Century

We'll be driving down on Sunday afternoon from the Mobile Alabama area.

Hi Dads, I will be there with the clan 11/28/10 to 12/4/10. but I will not be at MK while they are taping the parade. :rotfl2:

It looks like you'll be gone by the time most of us get there, but I'll add you, just in case there are some others that are traveling during that time that and you want to get together!

This is great!!! I'm planning to be there on December 5th through 11th with my DD (17) and D'niece (16). My Sister and her daughter may join us.

ScreenName: GorshGoofy
Lodging: Pop Century

We'll be driving down on Sunday afternoon from the Mobile Alabama area.

Fantastic! You've been added!

I wish I can 'officially' add my name but we are trying to get through this next trip right now. I know my DW said we are definitely going to WDW in December '10 so I might be added to the list! :goodvibes

I am monitoring this thread. I'll try to add some input even if I'm not going to make it.:thumbsup2

I wish I can 'officially' add my name but we are trying to get through this next trip right now. I know my DW said we are definitely going to WDW in December '10 so I might be added to the list! :goodvibes

I am monitoring this thread. I'll try to add some input even if I'm not going to make it.:thumbsup2

Oh, I'm pretty sure you'll make it. After we party it up in March, it's all you'll be talking about. :thumbsup2

Looking good so far - 5 onboard - some on the fence - new dad's joining everyday. If 20 or 25 guys can make it that would be awesome, with 352 days to go and new members could far exceed that:woohoo:

Since we will be at WDW most likely during the taping of the Christmas Parade, I tried to pay close attention to what was going on, hey we might as well try to get our hands into something:banana:. The one main observation I saw was that at most of the concert events the first couple rows of people were wearing OMG Red, just like the color Barry posted for the shirt, OK after reading some feedback I do agree red might not be the best color for the Dis Dad's for the rest of the year, but for Dec. it seems like a good choice (or going out of the box hunter green might also work). Another item I noticed was the santa hat, I'm not sure if they make a Christmas Goofy hat or not, but if they do to stand out and be chosen to be up front it might be worth looking into.
I may seem gung-ho about all this, but after being in the car show circuit since 1988 and now making floats for parades for my son, with a awesome win record. As a group if we can succeed some things in Dec. all the Dis Dad's succeed there or not! If we are going to be in it we might as well win it!:banana::cool1::yay::woohoo::dance3:

just some insight on what we did for the easter "parade". it was about 13 years ago we were down during the easter "parade" taping. we walked into the mk and seen the cameras set up and sat on the curb directly across from the camera that was set up in front of the movie theater on main street. after waiting on the curb from 8am till 2pm, production crews etc.. were setting up and of course you have to fight for your spot the entire time. finally, a girl came out, introducer herself and instructed us how to cheer. and yes, anyone with a coors light shirt or bigpeckers t shirt will not be sitting on the curb unless you turn your shirt inside out. the first "float" comes down and your instructed to yell like its the best thing you have ever scene in your life. than, they back up,:scared1: and after waiting for 5-8 min. you do it again to that float. some items are taped three or four times. the 20 min. parade took 3 hours. its a production set, not a parade as you see on tv. yes, we made it on the easter day parade and we have it on vhs. you can see us about 3 times. they tape the parade a few times and chop scenes and sets out of each one and use the best shots.what you see as a big happy party, is a huge production set and it is staged.it was fun, but a little boring and plan on it consuming the entire day and as they told us, "if another day of taping is brighter and sunnier your likeness will not be used. this is a commercial for wdw and dl and people want to see sunny skis." they told us AFTER the "parade" was over.:scared1:

The two times we've been down there in early December, we actively avoided the Magic Kingdom on parade taping days. If you're not interested in the taping, it really clogs up Main Street. As cool as it would be to end up on TV for the parade, I don't think its worth my family's time to spend the better part of a day hanging around waiting for the production crew to get set up.
If anyone does try to do the taping, be sure to let us know so we can set our Tivos on Christmas Day to try and see you!

Well I didn't plan on it being a all day thing, so I'll put this on the backburner. Still have a couple of tricks up the sleeve for this. When it gets closer to the trip and we know around how many Dis Dads will be there at the time, I'll fill everyone in on some ideas!

Well I didn't plan on it being a all day thing, so I'll put this on the backburner. Still have a couple of tricks up the sleeve for this. When it gets closer to the trip and we know around how many Dis Dads will be there at the time, I'll fill everyone in on some ideas!

Ooooo... I love a good mystery!

I'll be there. We're not officially booked until my cousin (holder of the DVC points) books it next week, but it's close enough.

screen name: Goofy + 3 (it should be 4, but too late to change it)
Family: DW, DD5, DS3, DD.5 (will not be on the trip)
Dates: Dec 3-10, 2010

I'll be there. We're not officially booked until my cousin (holder of the DVC points) books it next week, but it's close enough.

screen name: Goofy + 3 (it should be 4, but too late to change it)
Family: DW, DD5, DS3, DD.5 (will not be on the trip)
Dates: Dec 3-10, 2010

Fantastic! You've been added to the official roster.

And hey, look at that. We both have 5 year old DDs and 3 year old DDs. How's that for coincidence?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter