DIS 20th Anniversary *UN*OFFICIAL meet ups, events and make a friend thread.

Just curious where you are leaving from? I'm not on Facebook so I can't see it.
I'm local so I will just be picking up on my way to the event. So far I'm picking up 2 people from Caribbean Beach. I can have 3 more and am willing to go another resort or 2 if necessary.

Another vehicle will be leaving from Pop at 9:10 and it has 2 seats available.

Let me know if you need to be added!

I know it is going to be tight with the timing, but I really want it to work as that is my only chance to see any of HAE

Would be tricky with parking as likely would need to get a tram just to get back to your car, etc. .... any chance you could park at EPCOT and take the monorail over for the fireworks and then your car is already at EPCOT?

I'm thinking I would need to go park at Epcot after leaving Geyser Point, then monorail to the TTC to get to Trader Sam's by 7?

I'm thinking I would need to go park at Epcot after leaving Geyser Point, then monorail to the TTC to get to Trader Sam's by 7?

That would work ... I might even get to Geyser point a bit early (don't have anything planned* in between Homecomin' for lunch and then Geyer Point for 1st dinner so if you wanted to get there a little early and then leave on the early end to get to Trader Sam's by 7, just mentioning that as an option)

*other than all the souvenirs I need to by for my family to reduce their upsetness with me for not coming on the trip

well you don't have to get there by 7. we'll be walking over to ttc from poly by about 8:30.

I will be hanging out solo at Epcot on June 1st from 5pm until the party.
And I will be in MK on June 2nd from opening until 3pm if anyone wants to hang. :flower1:

Last edited:
I'm local so I will just be picking up on my way to the event. So far I'm picking up 2 people from Caribbean Beach. I can have 3 more and am willing to go another resort or 2 if necessary.

Another vehicle will be leaving from Pop at 9:10 and it has 2 seats available.

Let me know if you need to be added!

Edit: actually, never mind. I discussed with Charles and he's undecided how we want to get there. Hope to meet you, though!

Last edited:
Hmm. I wonder if I should call them? Although when I made my reservation I informed them of my allergy then.

Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular Meet up on May 30th:

Meeting Time/Location:
Walt Disney Film Statue at 8:15 p.m. We will find our spots for the show at 8:30 p.m.

If anyone has another suggestion for a meeting place/time, let me know.

Those Attending:
- AMusicLifeForMe – 2 people *
- @SleepingRebecca – 1 person *
- @gberg – 1 person *
- @YellowMickeyPonchos – *
- @dina444444 – 1 person *
- @easyd – 1 person *
- @wnwardii – 1 person *
- @TinkerTerry – 1 person *

"*" = Those who have confirmed for this event.

Animal Kingdom Meet Up on May 31st (Final Update):

Schedules are listed below each option/event below. Please double check the meeting times and locations.

For those who have confirmed, thank you. If you haven't confirmed if you will be coming to this event, please private message me and let me know. I'm only asking for confirmations since there are some official events during this unofficial AK meet.

Please let me know if there has been a change to which option you will be attending or if you will not be attending this event.

If you have not signed up for this event, you are still welcome to join us!

If I have made a mistake below, please let me know.

If you are going to be late to any of these events and would like to find our group, I will post on our Facebook group on the day of the event. You can let us know on that post when you are able to join us, and we will let you know where we are at that time.

We currently have 37 people attending this event! :)

I'm looking forward to meeting everyone! :)

Attending Option 1:
- AMusicLifeForMe – 2 people * --
- @GAN – 1 person * --
- @TheMaxRebo – 1 person * --
- @katmu – 1 person * --
- @SleepingRebecca – 1 person * --
- @disneysteve – 3 people *
- @OKMinnie – 1 person
- @Stefecatzz – 1 person (maybe)
- @gberg – 1 person * --
- @MegaraWink – 1 person * --
- @AngiTN – 3 people * --
- @TinkerTerry – 1 person * --
- @lowe@massed.net - 2 people * --

"*" = Those who have confirmed.
"--" = Those attending the Pandora Lighting Ceremony before Rivers of Light.

Schedule for Option 1:

Those that want to see the Pandora Lighting Ceremony:
- Meet in front of Nomad Lounge at 7:40 p.m.
- Pandora Lighting Ceremony – (rumored to start at 8 p.m.)

For those interested in just seeing Rivers of Light:
- Meet in front of Yak & Yeti Restaurant at 8:20 p.m. (time can change).
- We will begin making our way over to the Rivers of Light Theater at 8:15 p.m.
- Rivers of Light Show – Begins at 9:15 p.m.
- Make our way over to Nomad Lounge to meet-up with those attending only option 2.

Attending Option 2:
- @bartleyosu – 2 people
- @wnwardii – 1 person
- @dina444444 – 1 person (possible option 1) *
- @rteetz – 1 person *
- @czechplz – 2 people
- @nolanboys – 1 person
- @Madonna3 – 2 people
- @easyd – 1 person *
- @Punkrockbebop – 2 people *
- @Stay Puft Khymm – 1 person *
- @Roxyfire – 2 people *

Schedule for Option 2:

- Meet at Nomad Lounge at 10 p.m.
- Begin moving into Pandora around 10:15 p.m.
- Explorer Pandora at night and get a group photo
- Ride: Na’vi River Journey
- Ride: Flight of Passage

Festival of the Lion King 7 p.m. show (stand-by):

Attending Festival of the Lion King:
- AMusicLifeForMe – 2 people *
- @AngiTN – 3 people *
- @SleepingRebecca – 1 person (maybe)
- @Stefecatzz – 1 person
- @amberg93/@MarieLightning – 2 people
- @MegaraWink – 1 person *
- @gberg – 1 person *
- @Roxyfire – 2 people *

Schedule for Festival of the Lion King:

- Meet at the Express Bus Check-In Point by the bar near the Tusker House Check-In between 6 p.m.-6:15 p.m.
- We will make our way to the stand-by line at 6:15 p.m.
- Show begins at 7 p.m.
- Show will finish at approximately 7:30 p.m.

Last edited:
If you are going to be late to any of these events and would like to find our group, I will post on our Facebook group on the day of the event. You can let us know on that post when you are able to join us, and we will let you know where we are at that time.

Can you PM me the info about the facebook group?

For those attending Option 1 at the AK Meet on May 31st:

Due to the extreme popularity Pandora seems to be having today, I just want to warn you that we might have a change of schedule closer to this event. With reports of it taking an hour+ to enter Pandora today, it might be very difficult for some of us coming from FOTLK to enter Pandora within 20 minutes to see the lighting ceremony. A decision will be made on Monday or Tuesday evening, so please keep an eye out if we have a schedule change. The schedule would return back to the old meeting place/time and just doing ROL if we decide to make the change. I will update you on here if anything changes. Feel free to let me know if you would like to change to option 2.

Attending Option 1:

- @GAN – 1 person * --
- @katmu – 1 person * --
- @OKMinnie – 1 person
- @gberg – 1 person * --

For those attending Option 1 at the AK Meet on May 31st:

Due to the extreme popularity Pandora seems to be having today, I just want to warn you that we might have a change of schedule closer to this event. With reports of it taking an hour+ to enter Pandora today, it might be very difficult for some of us coming from FOTLK to enter Pandora within 20 minutes to see the lighting ceremony. A decision will be made on Monday or Tuesday evening, so please keep an eye out if we have a schedule change. The schedule would return back to the old meeting place/time and just doing ROL if we decide to make the change. I will update you on here if anything changes. Feel free to let me know if you would like to change to option 2.

Attending Option 1:

- @GAN – 1 person * --
- @katmu – 1 person * --
- @OKMinnie – 1 person
- @gberg – 1 person * --
DO you think that there is a chance that we won't be able to get on the rides during extra magic hours? What happens to all the guests in line before 11:00?

DO you think that there is a chance that we won't be able to get on the rides during extra magic hours? What happens to all the guests in line before 11:00?
Today, they are closing the lines at 9 p.m. to everyone and then reopening the lines at 11 p.m. for EMH guests. The line closing might just be for FoP. I can't remember what I read. We might not be able to get both done. It's hard to know right now what the EMH crowds are going to be like in a couple days.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter