DIS 20th Anniversary Event - Official Info

Discussion in 'The DIS Unplugged Podcast' started by WebmasterJohn, Dec 19, 2016.

1. Cottager

Cottager Hooked on Mickey

Well, that cuts out the option of walking back to the Epcot area hotels through the International Gateway....:crazy2:! Why couldn't they treat it the same as they do at opening and rope off the bridge to France!

YZFMoose likes this.
  2. thorphin

thorphin DIS Veteran

I don't think we know for *sure* that the IG entrance will be closed. I thought the last I saw, John was going to ask? But for now, it definitely would be safest to plan that it will be closed. Which is just as well, for me. If any part of WS is traversable, I'd be tempted to waste an hour of the party just photographing empty pavilions!

Capwkidd and ItsLayne like this.
  3. TheMaxRebo

TheMaxRebo DIS Veteran

I should have added that John mentioned they are talking with Disney about having the IG open for after the party for people that are staying at Boarwalk resorts ... but he said you will definitely have to go to the main entrance of EPCOT to check in for the party

4. Avatar

Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  5. MaryKatesMom

MaryKatesMom DIS Veteran

Here's hoping the IG is open!

I didn't know that red was the color for gay days and I had already bought the black DIS rainbow one because I loved the one Ryno had on. Who wouldn't want to be twinning with Ryno??!!

For the Epcot party I got the DIS 20 anniversary shirt in pink.

6. FLkid

FLkid Mouseketeer

Woot! Getting excited. Finally broke it to the girlfriend, She took it better than I thought she would lol

We are staying off property to save $$
    Seeing as we won't have Disney transportation available anyways it doesn't bother me much. This will be our first Disney meet up. Kind of nervous but excited!

7. Capwkidd

Capwkidd Mouseketeer

Maybe we should have a singles meetup! Lol

Last edited: Apr 20, 2017 at 5:47 PM
  8. Capwkidd

Capwkidd Mouseketeer

I would imagine we can just keep riding!

I am staying at French Quater...

YZFMoose likes this.
  9. ShesAPirate

ShesAPirate DIS Veteran

This is why you make a ton of DIS friends -- so you can go to WDW and leave your non-Disney-loving significant other at home ;)

10. Capwkidd

Capwkidd Mouseketeer

Hmmmm.... Nice idea :)!

YZFMoose likes this.
  11. FLkid

FLkid Mouseketeer

any word on what food is gonna be available? Aka should we eat before hand?

12. jcb

jcb always emerging from hibernation

You should eat before hand. I think john said snacks. Past events have had fun food, but with this starting at 10 pm, you'll probably want something solid before you indulge in a sugar rush.

MaryKatesMom, rteetz and OKW Lover like this.
  13. TheMaxRebo

TheMaxRebo DIS Veteran

No specifics yet but they said think snack and desserts not full dinner so I would eat at least a lite meal beforehand

MaryKatesMom and YZFMoose like this.
  14. jcb

jcb always emerging from hibernation

15. GAN

GAN DIS Veteran

Have you checked out the Unofficial thread? Plenty of activities/meet-ups for singles --or those of us whose SO's won't be coming along!

MaryKatesMom likes this.
  16. OKMinnie

OKMinnie Earning My Ears

I found my party outfit! I'll be doing some Moana Disneybounding! Can't wait!

17. uccats97

uccats97 DIS Veteran

So looking forward to the Epcot party! We arrive 6/1 for a family vacation (party of 19!) but only DH and I are attending the party. It's date night!

TheMaxRebo and EverafterKat like this.
  18. YZFMoose

YZFMoose Earning My Ears

I always try to make the biggest and boxiest thing there is. Unfortunately it doesn't allow for a Square on wheels :P

19. YZFMoose

YZFMoose Earning My Ears

3 hours of Test Track :P I'm game!
    Soarin' Ill try again. (First time on it was last trip), was kinda unnerving when i wasn't expecting the tilt of the ride. I'll admit i did close my eyes when it went "Higher" over the mountains and Eiffel Tower
    Most likely skip figment. Wife said it used to be better.
    As for Nemo and Friends, does that mean the aquarium part is open as well or is it just the ride section.
    French Quarter as well :) We like the boat down to "Downtown Disney Springs" (Interchangeable because we keep calling it Downtown Disney)

:dumbo:

20. ShesAPirate

ShesAPirate DIS Veteran

I was actually wondering the same thing. We exit the ride with aquarium all around us, right? I would imagine it will be open... or at least I hope it will.

YZFMoose likes this.
  21. disneysteve

disneysteve DIS meet junkie

Just bought our plane tickets and DD's park ticket (DW and I have APs)! @ShesAPirate We ended up flying from Philly. I looked at Newark but it was only about $20/person cheaper so not worth the trek up there for us. Thanks for the tip though.

Now to book Magical Express (our first time using that) and a couple of FPs. Our plan is to do AK on Wednesday evening and see Pandora for the first time.

:jumping3::Pinkbounc:jumping3::Pinkbounc:jumping3: