DIS 20th Anniversary Event - Official Info

I was actually wondering the same thing. We exit the ride with aquarium all around us, right? I would imagine it will be open... or at least I hope it will.

I had wondered about Turtle Talk since it's in the same pavilion, too, but that would be easier not to run than, you know, giant glass tanks of marine life. Technically "The Seas with Nemo and Friends" is the name of the whole pavilion AND the clamshell attraction, so it's hard to guess what will actually be open. But whatever. This is not something I really need to have the answer for ahead of time. Probably.

I am not so sure about that. The boats only seat 8. The ride is also fairly short. I went with Navi River Journey instead of Flight of Passage. FoP has four theaters which would be higher than Soarin capacity. NRJ might be closer to Frozen capacity.
I just want to throw this out there. NRJ might only seat 8, and FoP might have a larger capacity. However, would loading 8 seated boats go by faster than 4 theaters at capacity for FoP? That is depending on how the theaters are rotating at the time. If the theaters are similar to Soarin, isn't Soarin one of the slowest loading attractions on WDW property? Once I get into the A, B, or C loading sections, sometimes it's 15 minutes between being in there, loading, and getting off the ride. Which then means it's 10 minutes sitting in the ride itself (waiting and during the ride). This is the reasoning why I went with FoP.

Our plan is to do AK on Wednesday evening and see Pandora for the first time.

:jumping3::Pinkbounc:jumping3::Pinkbounc:jumping3:

I know others have pointed it out. I figured I would just say that if you want information on ROL FP + Pandora EMH meet on the Un*Official thread, check out post #88 on that thread for more information. Hopefully you could join us! :)

I just want to throw this out there. NRJ might only seat 8, and FoP might have a larger capacity. However, would loading 8 seated boats go by faster than 4 theaters at capacity for FoP? That is depending on how the theaters are rotating at the time. If the theaters are similar to Soarin, isn't Soarin one of the slowest loading attractions on WDW property? Once I get into the A, B, or C loading sections, sometimes it's 15 minutes between being in there, loading, and getting off the ride. Which then means it's 10 minutes sitting in the ride itself (waiting and during the ride). This is the reasoning why I went with FoP.
It really depends on how long FoP is. Previews will be able to tell us exactly which will be the longer wait.

I'm starting to second guess things now. I changed my FP to FoP instead. Either way though I'll be waiting in a line.

hello, I usually lurk on here, but wanted to ask- are the rooms/event/party full yet? I tried reading back quite a few pages, so sorry if I missed it. lol

also wondered if one is registered for the event ($25), but can't get there til the 31st, we can still get our stuff right? We don't have to be there the whole time,yes ? thanks!!

hello, I usually lurk on here, but wanted to ask- are the rooms/event/party full yet? I tried reading back quite a few pages, so sorry if I missed it. lol

also wondered if one is registered for the event ($25), but can't get there til the 31st, we can still get our stuff right? We don't have to be there the whole time,yes ? thanks!!

I booked a room a few days ago without an issue. If you go to the link for the reservation, any of the resorts that show up should still be available -it seems like they remove them from the drop-down once the rooms run out.

The second part of your question would need to be answered by John or Kevin -I thought there might have been a pick-up date for the 1st ....But I could be wrong.

To the second part, you definitely don't need to be there the entire time - but you will need to get your credentials before being able to do any official events. I am only getting in on the 31st and likely not getting my credentials until the 1st

Another thing to think about when considering FP Navi vs FOP is the height restriction and the nervous nellie factor.

There are certain people that are not "Dis" savy that don't understand rider switch and/or want to be joined at the hip for their entire vacation that will not ride something that their toddler isn't tall enough for. (After all, they only came to WDW for the kids...:rolleyes:) These people will make the Navi line longer...

There is also a certain number of nervous nellies who are afraid to ride the Barnstormer and yes even Soarin...these people will also be in line for Navi.

As far as I can see, we honestly won't know what the right choice is until Pandora opens and is open for a few months. Our first Pandora Fps may be the wrong ones, but we will be wiser the next time.

3 hours of Test Track :P I'm game!
Soarin' Ill try again. (First time on it was last trip), was kinda unnerving when i wasn't expecting the tilt of the ride. I'll admit i did close my eyes when it went "Higher" over the mountains and Eiffel Tower
Most likely skip figment. Wife said it used to be better.
As for Nemo and Friends, does that mean the aquarium part is open as well or is it just the ride section.
French Quarter as well :) We like the boat down to "Downtown Disney Springs" (Interchangeable because we keep calling it Downtown Disney)

:dumbo:

I am pretty sure I have called it "Downtown Disney Springs"... but I am pretty use to calling it Disney Springs :)

Another thing to think about when considering FP Navi vs FOP is the height restriction and the nervous nellie factor.

There are certain people that are not "Dis" savy that don't understand rider switch and/or want to be joined at the hip for their entire vacation that will not ride something that their toddler isn't tall enough for. (After all, they only came to WDW for the kids...:rolleyes:) These people will make the Navi line longer...

There is also a certain number of nervous nellies who are afraid to ride the Barnstormer and yes even Soarin...these people will also be in line for Navi.

As far as I can see, we honestly won't know what the right choice is until Pandora opens and is open for a few months. Our first Pandora Fps may be the wrong ones, but we will be wiser the next time.

agree ... good thing is (at least I hope) with the extra extra magic hours that is two more hours of just Pandora so hopefully enough time to get another ride in standby

agree ... good thing is (at least I hope) with the extra extra magic hours that is two more hours of just Pandora so hopefully enough time to get another ride in standby
It will be interesting to see how busy it actually is. I'm sure it will be with it being the first week, but with my experience at WDW, people seem to not want to stay up until 1 a.m. for EMH. Especially those with younger kids. There's a lot of curiosity about different things going on with this land lol.

Good afternoon I am a single mom who has been to Disney probably 10 times since I was a kid and with my children. I have NEVER been on my own but would love to attend the DIS 20th event. I also have never stayed in a deluxe resort as I have always worried about cost because we were traveling as a family. So as a present to myself for my 40th I will be flying solo for the event. My hardest decision: Grand Floridian, Boardwalk Inn or Wilderness Lodge? I really need some help and appreciate all your opinions and experience! Can't wait until 05/30! TIA

My hardest decision: Grand Floridian, Boardwalk Inn or Wilderness Lodge?

Happy 40th!!! I had a similar choice last year for my 50th. I wanted to treat myself and stay at a deluxe. I chose the Contemporary. For me, what I did was looked online at the pictures of the rooms and based on my instinct, picked what felt right for me. Now with that being said, each of the resorts you mention all have benefits and would be a wonderful place to stay. The other thing to possibly consider is where you plan to spend most of your time. If you will be mostly at the Magic Kingdom, then maybe the GF or WL. But if Epcot or Hollywood Studios is your preference, then maybe pick the Boardwalk. But ultimately pick what will make you the happiest and make your birthday that more magical!

I have a question pertaining to parking at EPCOT for the after hours party. I will be arriving at the party using my personal vehicle as we live in the Orlando area. Sadly, we are not annual pass holders. Will we have to pay to park? We plan on arriving around 9 p.m.

It will be interesting to see how busy it actually is. I'm sure it will be with it being the first week, but with my experience at WDW, people seem to not want to stay up until 1 a.m. for EMH. Especially those with younger kids. There's a lot of curiosity about different things going on with this land lol.

I'm definitely happy to stay up to 1am, since that's only 10pm for me :)

Good afternoon I am a single mom who has been to Disney probably 10 times since I was a kid and with my children. I have NEVER been on my own but would love to attend the DIS 20th event. I also have never stayed in a deluxe resort as I have always worried about cost because we were traveling as a family. So as a present to myself for my 40th I will be flying solo for the event. My hardest decision: Grand Floridian, Boardwalk Inn or Wilderness Lodge? I really need some help and appreciate all your opinions and experience! Can't wait until 05/30! TIA

Why not go for a moderate? I am staying at Port Orleans French Quater myself...

Happy 40th!

I'm definitely happy to stay up to 1am, since that's only 10pm for me :)
I stay up until 1 a.m. all the time right now, and that is 2 a.m. eastern time. That is going to be easy for me unless I rope drop everyday which I am planning on doing. I usually prefer getting on the time zone. It used to be harder for me to do that when I lived in California.

I stay up until 1 a.m. all the time right now, and that is 2 a.m. eastern time. That is going to be easy for me unless I rope drop everyday which I am planning on doing. I usually prefer getting on the time zone. It used to be harder for me to do that when I lived in California.

Definitely hard for me to do, and I am from the center of the universe, also known as SoCal ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter