DIS 20th Anniversary Event - Official Info

Someone tell me what "Disneybounding" is please. I have probably done it, but I don't know what it means.

Someone tell me what "Disneybounding" is please. I have probably done it, but I don't know what it means.

it is when you dress up in close inspired by a Disney character, but not in a consume so that you are trying to be that character

So if you wore a baby blue skirt with white top and your hair down with a matching baby blue bow, you would be Disney bounding at village Belle, but not look like you were wearing a costume of her

Or like this picture form a quick google search - the girl is Disneybounding at Snow White, not wearing a show white costume:
snow.jpg

Or this one where the girl is Disneybounding as Smee
disney-bounding-smee.jpg

This is what I'm thinking of for my Belle outfit so far. The background on the ears is actually white, not the light blue like it looks here. The shirt and shoes I already own but I'm still waiting to see how the shirt works with the dress. I'm debating if I'm bold enough to go through with this or not.

BelleDisneyBoundSmall.jpg

This is what I'm thinking of for my Belle outfit so far. The background on the ears is actually white, not the light blue like it looks here. The shirt and shoes I already own but I'm still waiting to see how the shirt works with the dress. I'm debating if I'm bold enough to go through with this or not.

View attachment 232192

Go for it ... people will either a) get it and think it is great or ii) not get it, and just think you have a cute dress on

In my avatar I am wearing a "Cinderella dress" and a tiara. Does that count?

Well, if it is an actual cinderella dress, like a costume, then it is more dressing up as the character ... if it is a dress that sort of reminds you of Cinderella's dress, then yes

Yeah it wasn't "official" it was just the same color and had some Cinderella inspired embroidery

gotcha - then you were a Disneybounder and didn't even realize it!

(I've definitely seen some that are more literal and then others where it is more obtuse and you aren't even sure which character they are representing - definitely a range)

Can you think of anything more depressing at WDW than being stranded at the gate without anyone able to let you in, while you think about all the people having fun just inside?
That would be like having a Mickey ice cream and dropping it but way sadder.

I know I may be a bit more of a planner than most, but has anyone thought about what they are wearing to the party? I'm trying to decide if I want to go for a new Disneybounding outfit or if I should just wear something I would normally wear to the parks with some ears?
I am with you on that I need a planned outfit. I was thinking about my favorite Disney shirt and Themed Mickey Ears or a dress. See I can't decide!

If you need ideas look up "Disney Bounding" on Pinterest. But be careful or you'll fall down the rabbit hole like I do spend hours trying to figure out a really cool outfit LOL

View attachment 232192
You should do it! It's really cute and subtle enough that you don't feel like you're sticking out too much.

This Epcot party may be the death of me.

I've been talking about it since it was announced, The gf stated her concerns about spending the money as she had some unexpected car repairs come up this month. We left it at "we will see how much money we come back with after our April Disney trip" (that starts this Sunday)

But I was getting nervous about it selling out so today I made the decision to purchase for both of us.. I haven't told her yet. She gets home soon.

Maybe because I'm buying she will feel less inclined to kill me lol

I've been think about Disney bounding, too. Does anyone have an idea of what temps are like that time of night? I was wondering if I would be comfortable in pants or leggings, or should I just stick with shorts.

I'm hoping the rain stays away, should help with the heat not being so potent in FL... I was at Carlsbad Caverns once... got out of the car in 108 degree temp, 0% hunidity and it felt fine.. and I am a native SoCal person...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter