Directions from Sanford

mom2of2

DIS Veteran
Hi All!!

Getting closer here!!! Can someone give me directions from Sanford to WDW, I'm checking into CBR March 20th! Thanks bunches!

Mapquest should be able to help here. Also, your car rental company will give you a map to WDW.

Find I-4 ... follow signs for Orlando should be I-4 west I believe... stay on I-4 thru Orlando. There are several Disney exits so just watch the signs. Everything is pretty well marked so you should have no problem. Have Fun!!!!

Thanks Parrothead! I4 should be easy to access from Sanford. I hope!!! I tried Mapquest as well as a few others and they take you all around, I just wanna get there tolls or no!

Actually, if you're coming from Sanford Airport, I'd recommend taking the 417 (Central Florida Greenway) down to WDW. There should be signs out of the airport as this is a major highway. You should also be able to get directions from the airport to the 417 from the representative at the car rental desk. You'll pay more in tolls, but will hit considerably less traffic. Depending on what time you arrive, it could be a real b*tch getting through downtown on I-4. And with all you're paying for everything else on vacation, a couple more dollars for the 417 tolls will be well worth it.

I second PammyK's opinion. 417 is definitely less stressful.

Sanford airport is nothing like MCO. There's basically one road in and out, or so it seems. Even without having a map/directions on hand, I was easily able to navigate via the signs posted alongside the roadway. The turn for 417 south (or west) is a few miles from the airport. If I remember correctly, you go under 417 then take a left across the oncoming traffic lane to get onto it. There was quite a bit of road construction taking place in December, so the interchange may have changed a little. The tolls total about $5.00 one way, and 417, the Green Way, will take you right to WDW property...just follow the signs.

If you are looking for a gas station to top off your tank before returning your rental car, there's an intersection very close to the 417 interchange with a gas station on the corner.

HTH!

P.S. The 417 interchange I'm referring to is the one in Sanford. If you get gas in Lake Buena Vista before entering 417, you'll need to top off again in Sanford, as it is about a 50 minute drive.;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter