Direct Air in trouble d

I had tickets from Plattsburgh, NY to Orlando for our spring break. I was able to get Amex to open a request for a refund with Direct Air.

After a long discussion with the hubby last night, we decided to book a with JetBlue from JFK to Orlando. We will drive down to JFK.

We did discuss driving, but decided that 27 hours in a car with our teenagers would NOT be healthy for any of us. LOL.

The way down won't be too bad, but on the way back, we will have to drive 6 hours back home after a long vacation and flight to get back to work Monday morning. :mad:

Of course we are still trying to figure out how to replace the funds we are out, since I am sure the refund from DirectAir will NOT arrive prior to our vacation.

Unfortunately, the logo is irrelevant. It's a debit card, and it doesn't have the same protection as a credit card. All the logo means is that the card can be used at terminals accepting that particular card brand.

I just called the number on my debit card and they told me they will open a dispute so I can get a refund. I said I heard I wouldn't get a refund if I used a debit card and she told me that was not the the case. I can't open the dispute yet because we fly in Aug. but I hope she is correct.

We have reservations on flights that HAVE already been cancelled, but purchased our tickets almost a year ago with Chase Visa....Does anyone know if we will be refunded? I am at work right now and can't call Chase :confused: Thanks for any help

There was a report on the news last night that there was a plane full of passengers taxi-ing out on a plane in Buffalo (I think) when the news hit. The turned the plane around and sent them back into the terminal and cancelled the flight. That would be a real kicker, you think you are on your way and then suddenly not.

There was a report on the news last night that there was a plane full of passengers taxi-ing out on a plane in Buffalo (I think) when the news hit. The turned the plane around and sent them back into the terminal and cancelled the flight. That would be a real kicker, you think you are on your way and then suddenly not.

That there tells me it was more than just their fueling supplier issues...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter