Direct add on points

Curious about this too.
Dues are assessed on a calendar basis, not UY. DVD prorates dues based on when the direct points are purchased. Someone who purchased on October 1, 2021, would pay 3 months of dues, for the time remaining in dues year 2021. Resales can be different, with covering dues for a particular calendar year being negotiable.

If you added on today for your Dec UY don't you pay dues on your 2020 points? I thought that if you did that you would pay dues for both 2020 and 2021 since you get both points. Conversely, I thought if you bought the Aug UY right now you would only pay the 2021 dues so the price would be a little lower.

CarolynFH is right but I'd add that if you add direct, you'll get a separate prorated bill for those 2020 points since you would have received those points. They aren't paid at purchase. If you buy resale and buyer pays dues, those are paid at time of purchase since they have likely already been paid by seller.

If you added on today for your Dec UY don't you pay dues on your 2020 points? I thought that if you did that you would pay dues for both 2020 and 2021 since you get both points. Conversely, I thought if you bought the Aug UY right now you would only pay the 2021 dues so the price would be a little lower.
Curious about this too.
It gets confusing because the resale market treats dues as if they are based on UY and UY points rather than based on calendar year. They’re not. No matter how many points the contract comes with that have been banked, the 2021 dues the owner pays are exactly the same. It’s another reason, especially if you are purchasing resale late in the year, you should negotiate to have the seller pay dues.

So because dues are based on calendar year, not UY, when you purchase direct, you only pay dues on the remaining time of the year that you own - so you’ll pay a prorated amount. If you purchase now with an Dec UY, you’ll be 87 days worth of dues but have 2020 and 2021 points. If you purchase with any other UY, you’ll only have 2021 points but still pay for 87 days worth of dues.

CarolynFH is right but I'd add that if you add direct, you'll get a separate prorated bill for those 2020 points since you would have received those points.
You will only get a prorated bill for the current calendar year, no matter if you got 2020 and 2021 points or just 2021 points.
I often time my direct add-one for August as I have a SEP UY, so that I get both UY points and only pay 4-5 months of dues.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter