Dining Plan Question

Goofy4WDW1964

Mouseketeer
I have reservations for two rooms. One room for my wife and I and one room for my son and his girlfriend. Both reservations are for the magic your way with park tickets for 7 days. They are under seperate reservations because I have seperate confirmation numbers. We are thinking of doing the dining plan, but I am considering only doing the dining plan for one of the reservations. That would give us 14 counter service, 14 table service and 14 snacks.

My first question is can I even do this?

My second question is can we use the table service credits for all four of us. For example, we all four go to Crystal Palace for breakfast. Can I use 4 of the table service credits to pay for all four of our meals?

My third question is can I mix paying with dining credits with paying out of pocket. For example, we all four go to dinner at Via Napoli. Can I pay for my wife and I using table service credits and pay for my son and girlfriend out of pocket, even if I still have more than two table service credits left?

I will assume what I can do for table service credits that I can also do for counter service credits at counter service restaraunts.

I apologize if this has already been asked. Any feedback would be apprciated. Need to pay my reservation soon but need to know about this in case I need to make any changes before I pay the balance of the trip.

Thanks

I have reservations for two rooms. One room for my wife and I and one room for my son and his girlfriend. Both reservations are for the magic your way with park tickets for 7 days. They are under seperate reservations because I have seperate confirmation numbers. We are thinking of doing the dining plan, but I am considering only doing the dining plan for one of the reservations. That would give us 14 counter service, 14 table service and 14 snacks.

My first question is can I even do this?

My second question is can we use the table service credits for all four of us. For example, we all four go to Crystal Palace for breakfast. Can I use 4 of the table service credits to pay for all four of our meals?

My third question is can I mix paying with dining credits with paying out of pocket. For example, we all four go to dinner at Via Napoli. Can I pay for my wife and I using table service credits and pay for my son and girlfriend out of pocket, even if I still have more than two table service credits left?

I will assume what I can do for table service credits that I can also do for counter service credits at counter service restaraunts.

I apologize if this has already been asked. Any feedback would be apprciated. Need to pay my reservation soon but need to know about this in case I need to make any changes before I pay the balance of the trip.

Thanks

Since they are separate reservations, one room can have the plan, but you can only use the credits for the people in that room. You can pay OOP for those not on the plan, even when dining together. Just let the server know that two have the plan and two don't.

Since they are separate reservations, one room can have the plan, but you can only use the credits for the people in that room. You can pay OOP for those not on the plan, even when dining together. Just let the server know that two have the plan and two don't.

Thank you very much for the quick response!

To expand on what smitch said: The DDP can only be used for those that are on the DDP. If you add the DDP to your room, but not your son's, then on the bottom of your room key, it will have printed 2A DDP. That tells the waiters that two adults are in that room and are on the DDP. Your son's room key will not have that. At any restaurant the waiter will only be allowed to take two credits from your room key. Anything else ordered would have to be paid for OOP.

You can't order a pizza to share on the DDP at Via Napoli either. One credit will get you an individual pizza and you can't share it. Via Napoli is one of the strictest DDP restaurants as far as following the specified allotments of the plan.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter