Dining Credits Offer

We've booked for next September. The dining plan is never a good deal for us, we never go for it

It was when it was free. The old free breakfast at pop was a simple quick service credit. We used it at dinner and as we had a refill mug they allowed a pudding instead of a drink. I think i worked out with this deal the dining credit and the $250 gift card should work out about the same. It should pay for a one quick service meal for 3 people and a snack per day.

I was shocked today when i checked and the app allowed me to book my parks for Sept 2022!

I was shocked today when i checked and the app allowed me to book my parks for Sept 2022!

Yep I was able to book for September and November 2022. I'm hoping by then things will be a bit more normal and the prebooking wont be a thing anymore but thought it worth booking just in case

Yep I was able to book for September and November 2022. I'm hoping by then things will be a bit more normal and the prebooking wont be a thing anymore but thought it worth booking just in case

Also very much hoping things have to returned to more 'pre pandemic' systems. Even with all my spreadsheets and planning, Sept 2022 is a bit too far in advance for me!

BTW does anybody know why we (UK I guess) can't even see magic band offers? I know the 'free' ones have gone but it seems US residents can purchase a discounted one ahead of time, assign to account etc? When I clicked the link it just took me to an FAQ page, too early to even look or totally scrapping UK ability to buy in advance? Will just use old ones for check in etc but always like to get one per trip, ahead of time.

Also very much hoping things have to returned to more 'pre pandemic' systems. Even with all my spreadsheets and planning, Sept 2022 is a bit too far in advance for me!

BTW does anybody know why we (UK I guess) can't even see magic band offers? I know the 'free' ones have gone but it seems US residents can purchase a discounted one ahead of time, assign to account etc? When I clicked the link it just took me to an FAQ page, too early to even look or totally scrapping UK ability to buy in advance? Will just use old ones for check in etc but always like to get one per trip, ahead of time.

So we can get to the page if you use a VPN to mask your country. Why we aren't allowed I have no idea but you can definitely get in (Someone posted the other day on another forum about doing it). Its definitely that we can't seem to book at all in the UK without faking our country to get it to work.

UK can’t buy in advance anymore for some reason. There was a workaround that allowed you to book using the US version of the site but not sure if it’s been closed.

Lucky ATD are offering free starswars ones. granted i bet they all look the same, but that will teach me for getting rid of my free ones from the last trips.....I did however send a very angry email of complaint to disney when they pulled the 21 day ticket Free dining and the magic express. Then removed my chance to book this october. They have offered free bands when i rebook via emailing them back. I will report back as and when they do something

Lucky ATD are offering free starswars ones. granted i bet they all look the same, but that will teach me for getting rid of my free ones from the last trips.....I did however send a very angry email of complaint to disney when they pulled the 21 day ticket Free dining and the magic express. Then removed my chance to book this october. They have offered free bands when i rebook via emailing them back. I will report back as and when they do something

I think they stopped offering the Magic Band on Sunday mind.

The VPN work around does work for the UK so it is an option if people really want to purchase one. As they are getting rid of Magic Bands (going down the phone app route) then really you don't need it but I love getting new ones.

Sorry if already posted....tui are offering similar deal although 200 gift card. I had a bad experience with the refund with ATD so i I'm thinking twice using them and assume they don't book package Inc flights? ....also are the dining credits day credits or can you carry them over eg. If 36 per day can I spend 72 a day we skip if we are doing universal?

Sorry if already posted....tui are offering similar deal although 200 gift card. I had a bad experience with the refund with ATD so i I'm thinking twice using them and assume they don't book package Inc flights? ....also are the dining credits day credits or can you carry them over eg. If 36 per day can I spend 72 a day we skip if we are doing universal?

My best guess is they will all be preloaded on day one. I’m also wondering if they are just gift cards and don’t have to be used for food at all.

My best guess is they will all be preloaded on day one. I’m also wondering if they are just gift cards and don’t have to be used for food at all.
It is possible for them to credit a room account and the money be spent via Magicband. We received a refund when moving from Poly to BC once an they put $500 on our room.

Just as an FYI, Virgin Atlantic have announced a sale today. Not sure if the prices are any good or not as we aren’t going until May 2022 so won’t be able to book yet. But just thought I’d mention it in case anyone is looking😁

So we can get to the page if you use a VPN to mask your country. Why we aren't allowed I have no idea but you can definitely get in (Someone posted the other day on another forum about doing it). Its definitely that we can't seem to book at all in the UK without faking our country to get it to work.

Thank you for the tip! I love getting the new bands too and would probably rather keep using them than continually getting a phone out. Tried accessing the page via my work PC VPN but no joy.. will try another VPN option but have until late next year anyway. So many things I am waiting to find out what Disney are going to do from magic bands to buffets to Minnie Vans and ME replacement!

My booking starts end of October. I wonder if they'll offer me the dining.
I'll give it a few weeks and if not I'll give them a call.
Called them today, for another reason, and asked about this while there.
He said it's only for 2022 holidays.

With the news of the DDP coming back.........think they will change the deal? or if we can upgrade for a lower price?

I still am not convinced it will reappear til 2023 just because this offer came out. If it does then the likelihood is you will have to pay to change our deal.

Hi all,
Sorry for bumping this thread.
I booked a ‘dummy booking’ for all stars to lock in this offer last year but noticed that I only have $100 on my confirmation email. Does anyone know which resorts received the $200 gift card?

I am planning on changing to a moderate resort, does anyone know if I do, I’ll still get the gift basket?

thanks!

I am planning on changing to a moderate resort, does anyone know if I do, I’ll still get the gift basket?
I'm pretty sure that will class as a cancel and rebook, though they will likely waive the cancellation fee as you're upgrading.
As such you'll probably get whatever deal you can currently find while looking for a new booking.
I think you'd need to call and ask them to be certain.

Yeah I don't think it works that you can lock in the offer and change it around later. It was moderate and above that got the $200 I believe

Thanks for the info! I had previously done this on another offer but this may have changed now.

just throwing out another option while we live in a world without free dining.....it’s not for the faint hearted as DVC rentals can have some risk but it would be about £2,800 to rent a studio sleeping 5 at Boardwalk next August for 2 weeks. Flights about £600 each and tickets £500, so family of 4, £7,200 (same deal would be £8.4k for Grand Floridian).

Owners can only book DVC resorts 11 months out so there is that issue but that’s about the same time as flights coming available.

We dint book with the dinning offer something I was thinking id regret. in the end we went down the DVC route via a lovely renter on here. I think overall it will work out cheaper without the dinning credit due to savings on the room.

As based on your example if boardwalk currently 10 nights at boardwalk is over 4k via DVC £2k + depending on point cost.

Rack rate might have been slightly cheaper when this offer was on, But Disney currently have 1 free night with 10 nights.

So good savings to be made via DVC if you willing to risk

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!