Dining Availability -- Non Existent

snooty3

Mouseketeer
I have tried and tried numerous times to try to book dining reservations in the parks for June 1-5! What the heck. I started right at the 60 day mark. Any suggestions, very frustrating. I'm the type of person that needs to eat regularly!

Dining reservations have been a huge source of frustration recently as not enough restaurants are open and the ones that are remain socially distanced.

Typically within a few days of park hours being updated for your week, more ADRs will become available. Also, you can make use of the wait list in the app on your park days.

We had some issues too but we're looking at seating a party of 9; VERY limited choices. Most will seat 6 at the most. We managed 2 ADR's for our group but had to split up for others. It's frustrating but keep at it; took a couple of days for us to get acceptable days and times. :tink:

I've always had luck with reservation finders as well. Was already able to change my time for a Homecoming reservation in May. Granted you pay for those, but I typically use the one resource to begin with for crowd calendars, planning tools, etc.

I agree with others that if you keep checking when you get closer you'll see more become available as people cancel and move plans around.

I have tried and tried numerous times to try to book dining reservations in the parks for June 1-5! What the heck. I started right at the 60 day mark. Any suggestions, very frustrating. I'm the type of person that needs to eat regularly!

I feel your pain being booked the same week, rotten luck on my 60 days. Just keep looking, people constantly cancel as plans change and I’ve been able to snag some more since then. Reservation finders are a godsend too, Touring Plans’ one is free. 24-48 hrs before can net you some coveted ones too, tons of people cancel at the last minute to avoid the cancellation fee.

I feel like Ive been trying to book dining non stop for 50 days. But, upside I have been able to book BOG, Garden Grill, Hollywood & Vine, Sanaa, Coral Reef. The only ones that have eluded me are Topolinos and Chef Mickeys (although I did see Chef Mickeys at my 60 mark but didnt book it and now I regret that choice)

Same here! June 4-8 trip. DHS is so darn popular - most reservations for all restaurants are gone and the park reservations are sold out so I guess I'm not surprised, I just keep checking..... I'm really hopeful that other restaurant's that aren't open yet will reopen before our trip!

I also would add that I would also keep checking because as more people are vaccinated and as we get closer to summer I think WDW will increase capacity again, which should open things up more.

Just an FYI for those looking for adrs, Disney has updated all hours for the next 2 months. I’d be on the lookout for new adrs dropping soon. Not sure if they’ll follow the same release as before since the hours update was so far out.

Dont do a general search. I find putting in the specific restaurant yields more results. def do not use the app nothing will show up and if it does its glitchy to book from the app use a laptop or your web on safari from your mobile phone

Thank you all for your help and suggestions!! And its just two of us going on this trip. Glad I wasn't taking my kids and their kids. WOW THAT WOULD'VE BEEN A TRUE NIGHTMARE!! We are all in this together! Today I have twice been on hold with Disney dining first time 45 minutes and now over an hour! This is not good for my blood sugar!

Same thing for me today, LIterally 6am and I couldn't get restaurants on the first half of my trip. I've never had this problem before. Even March wasn't this bad and it was spring break. I'm going mid June, it I thought that was less busy. What is this wait list someone spoke about? Does that work at the popular restaurants?

Same thing for me today, LIterally 6am and I couldn't get restaurants on the first half of my trip. I've never had this problem before. Even March wasn't this bad and it was spring break. I'm going mid June, it I thought that was less busy. What is this wait list someone spoke about? Does that work at the popular restaurants?
Many TS locations offer a virtual wait list (walk up list) on the day of. You can find it in the app. Tap on the map, choose dining (it defaults to attraction wait times) and choose the restaurant. You cannot choose a time. You get notified when there's a table available and have a limited amount of time to check in.

Many TS locations offer a virtual wait list (walk up list) on the day of. You can find it in the app. Tap on the map, choose dining (it defaults to attraction wait times) and choose the restaurant. You cannot choose a time. You get notified when there's a table available and have a limited amount of time to check in.
So how long is a limited amount of time? an hour or 30 minutes?

So how long is a limited amount of time? an hour or 30 minutes?
I've heard 15 minutes. Some restaurants in the app, when you select dining, will show a wait time like a ride. These are for ones that don't fill up early, so are easier to judge when you might actually be called. Others, like SciFi, fill up for the day by 10-1030 and you just won't know when you'll be called.

oh so by wait list, its not like 30 minutes before, you would pick the day of in the morning? Then does it give you a range of times you might be called back for dinner?

oh so by wait list, its not like 30 minutes before, you would pick the day of in the morning? Then does it give you a range of times you might be called back for dinner?
Each restaurant is different as far as that goes.

Screenshot_20210413-065548.png

Here you can see the wait time for Trattoria al Forno. This gives an actual time, so that's likely when you'll be called back. When you click it, you'll see the screen below that also mentions 45 minutes. Click join here and join on the next screen when nearby.

Screenshot_20210413-065528.png

Other restaurants do not have the wait time shown like this:

Screenshot_20210413-064715.png

You just join the list and they let you know via the app when they're ready for you. You will essentially have to drop everything and get there quickly. I think you also have to respond via the app, but they hold your table for about 15 minutes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter