Dining at WDW on a budget

So many great suggestions here already.

We, too, eat breakfast in the room. We have a gardengrocer delivery of bottled water and some other essentials (essential to us!), so we rarely get stuck having to buy bottled water in the parks. We also bring our own snacks with us.

The ice water they serve at WDW restaurants is filtered and, unlike the tap water in Orlando, tastes fine...and it's free.

DH and I are also fans of splitting entrees, which can be HUGE at WDW. Another thing we often do is order only appetizers, which can cut down on the cost of the meal as well as be the appropriate--instead of the overindulgent (for us--I'm not commenting on anyone else)--amount of food needed.

Our last trip this past May, we kept track of how much money we spent on food at WDW and the daily average for the 2 of us was $50--far less than the $80/day the dining plan would have cost for 2 adults, so the dining plan is not necessarily a great money-saver. It depends on what and how much you'd be eating.

popcorn:: shades of green doesnt allow any type of cooking items.
no sterno. no forman. no grills at all .
they said its a fire hazard.. i can see that. also might wanna be they want you to purchase meals from the resturants onsite.

What great ideas...as most said we also eat in our room in the morning, and then we take snacks for the day goldfish, granola bars, and bottled water. We also split meals as our kids are too excited to actually sit down and eat much of anything. Have a wonderful trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter