Dine With Shamu Price Drop

the_princess said:
Well, normally the price goes up and not down, so I thought maybe they made a new kind of Dine with Shamu. I know it was taken off the program for a while, so that's why I want to know if it's stil the same experience or if they changed it.

Oh ok yeah I don't know how much has changed since then. The only thing I know is the trainer situation. They did raise the cost of all day dining. Probably realized not many were attending dine with shamu so dropped the cost to get more attendence.

Question about seating. Is it only one row of seating around the stadium? Or are there several rows? I am worried if there is more than one row, the kids wouldn't be able to see if we were in the back. Also, do they assign your seating?

Seating was assigned and we were led to our table by staff as soon as we had our picture made. It is not really in the stadium part as such, its on one side of the holding tanks behind the main tank, I didn't pay close attention to all the tables but there were 2 rows of tables where we were (mid tank area), each had 4 seats so I would assume a large party could be handled by putting tables together. There is a clear partition between the tables and the deck area surrounding the tank. Once the trainers came over to talk about the whales and put them through some tricks alot of the people at the tables not against the partition stood up or moved closer to the partition , I also saw kids standing in chairs ( don't recommend it but it wasn't stopped by staff either), we had a couple of children near us and we just asked them to stand in front of us so they could see. Pictures are better if you stand and take them over the partition but obviously without holding the camera OVER it! Its high enough to be safe and to be able to see but not in your way if you are standing to take pics, easy to see through if you are sitting down too. Hope this helps some, I would post pics but I am computer illiterate :confused3

reelmom said:
Question about seating. Is it only one row of seating around the stadium? Or are there several rows? I am worried if there is more than one row, the kids wouldn't be able to see if we were in the back. Also, do they assign your seating?

There are two rows, so there is a chance there will be one table in front of you. Seating is based on when your reservation is made...the sooner you make it, the better table you get. I would make my reservation ASAP to ensure a able by the glass. You can still see fine from the second row though.

I have a quick question regarding experiences with Dining with Shamu- did you feel rushed during the meal?

I read on the sticky thread that the meal is about an hour long, including time with trainers. I ask because we have 3 kids with us, so between getting them all settled and getting meals to the table, I am afraid we won't be able to enjoy much before it's time to go. What do you think?

oh, and for us the meal has gone up to 34$ per adult and 24$ per child since we are there during peak season.

I am the OP who posted the question above. Just wanted to say that after thinking about it, I decided to go ahead and book a reservation for us all. I figure this will be a one time experience for us, so why not :). If my kids were older, I would have splurged on a behind-the-scenes animal encounter but since it wasn't possible this trip (kids need to be at least 10 years old for the encounters), the Dine With Shamu sounded like it would be a really fun experience. I am really excited about the show, thanks to all PP who took the time to talk about their experiences!

zilp said:
I am the OP who posted the question above. Just wanted to say that after thinking about it, I decided to go ahead and book a reservation for us all. I figure this will be a one time experience for us, so why not :). If my kids were older, I would have splurged on a behind-the-scenes animal encounter but since it wasn't possible this trip (kids need to be at least 10 years old for the encounters), the Dine With Shamu sounded like it would be a really fun experience. I am really excited about the show, thanks to all PP who took the time to talk about their experiences!

Just wanted to let you know some tours allow younger children. We have booked the Dolphins Up Close tour and the Behind the Scenes tour. Any age is allowed on those. Also the Sea Lions tour is for all ages.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!