Digital Membership Cards?

As a west coaster, I suppose they will try to roll this in to the Aulani app and maybe the new Disneyland app once we get MagicBand+ over here.
Doesn't DL already have the ability to use MagicMobile (or whatever name they might use there for using your phone for ticket media and stuff like that)?

You can view your affiliations in the MDE app. Click the 3 bars on the bottom right, then My Profile, then Memberships & Passes. These are written out instead of the abbreviations used in Apple Wallet.

I can see DVC listed here with my membership number, but it is not clickable to show a digital card. It also doesn't indicate Y or ND or anything indicating blue or white. It also lists my AP with the level and expiration date and that I have a Disney Visa. My Disney Visa is my saved payment method on my account, so maybe that's how it knows I have a Disney Visa. :confused3

The wallet isn’t part of the MDE app - people are talking about the digital wallets on their cellphones. There’s a process to go through to add your AP or ticket to that wallet, and it appears that link is now showing DVC membership and other affiliations via the card in the wallet. If you haven’t already added anything to your cellphone wallet, search for Disney Magic Mobile to find instructions. If you did install MM already, the affiliations are updating automatically.
My AP was already in my wallet but it’s not showing any DVC affiliation or 3 little dots to click on. Am I doing something wrong?

I had set up magic mobile on apple wallet the other day with the dvc card option. Just says dvc (no y or Nd) for affiliation.

394F7589-43C2-424B-8742-7C200814753F.jpeg

Just for a reference point, only resale owner here:
1. My MM card shows DVC ND, geographic, and DVIC.
2. I am a Disney Visa card owner

My AP was already in my wallet but it’s not showing any DVC affiliation or 3 little dots to click on. Am I doing something wrong?
When I tap on my AP card to bring it up on a page by itself, it says Done in the upper left corner and there are 3 little dots in the upper right corner. Tapping on the three dots brings up a page like the one kilik64 shows above. I have an iPhone XS running iOS 15.2. Other people have had trouble with their affiliations not showing, so you’re not alone!

I did this following to “fix” this same issue for me (another user also did the same and said it worked).

First — remove the card from your wallet.

Next — In the MDE app go to your profile / account settings. Remove your cell phone and save settings. Go back into account settings and add the cell phone back and verify it (it took a minute for the verification code to get to me).

Next — Wait a few seconds and go back into MagicMobile. You SHOULD now see the DVC design (and AP if you are an AP). Add the card. It should add to Wallet with the DVC design and any affiliations you have.

Finally — never touch MagicMobile again as I assume it would break the affiliations.
I followed these steps and nothing changed. I don’t have the DVC affiliation and no 3 little dots

Doesn't DL already have the ability to use MagicMobile (or whatever name they might use there for using your phone for ticket media and stuff like that)?

They did have the ability to use your phone for tickets, FP's etc for a couple of years prior to the pandemic. Haven't been there since the big reopening though.

They did have the ability to use your phone for tickets, FP's etc for a couple of years prior to the pandemic. Haven't been there since the big reopening though.
There's a "Tickets and Passes" button in the DL MDE, just like the WDW MDE, but there's no "Disney MagicMobile" button (I posted a couple of screen caps above), so there's no way to add a digital card to your Apple Wallet. Also, the DL MDE still won't let you add your DVC membership to your profile under Memberships and Passes, even after numerous complaints. All you get is "we know and we're working on it".

My WDW MDE does, however, identify me as a Southern California Resident, for whatever good that does me...

There's a "Tickets and Passes" button in the DL MDE, just like the WDW MDE, but there's no "Disney MagicMobile" button (I posted a couple of screen caps above), so there's no way to add a digital card to your Apple Wallet. Also, the DL MDE still won't let you add your DVC membership to your profile under Memberships and Passes, even after numerous complaints. All you get is "we know and we're working on it".

My WDW MDE does, however, identify me as a Southern California Resident, for whatever good that does me...
Ah you answered a question I had about DVC on DLR MDE app. Still waiting for them to fix it but luckily the Magic Key discount is typically far better than DVC so no urgency yet. I would like for them to fix WDW MDE soon though as I head out next week.

We use the ticket barcode in the app to scan in to parking and park at the moment which was how it was done for years past. Funny how there is no barcode on your AP for WDW though. I only realize this because one time at GS at Magic Kingdom they asked to see my ticket and I pulled up my AP on my MDE since that’s how I do it at Disneyland. 😅 It can get confusing with the differences at the different parks so can’t wait for magic band to roll out at DLR soon!

I am a resale owner and it says DVC ND but I also have a Disney Visa Card and it doesn't have the DVIC. The Disney Visa is what I have linked for payment in the MDE app but not linked in my Google Pay. It also shows I am a Disney Visa Card holder under my memberships and passes in my MDE account, just not in the MobileMagic

I am a resale owner and it says DVC ND but I also have a Disney Visa Card and it doesn't have the DVIC. The Disney Visa is what I have linked for payment in the MDE app but not linked in my Google Pay. It also shows I am a Disney Visa Card holder under my memberships and passes in my MDE account, just not in the MobileMagic
So, like a typical Disney IT system, it’s all over the map! :)

I’ve been DVC since 2011 when I purchased 100 points at AKL via resale and have always had a “blue card”. I’m seeing the DVC ND designation. Does this mean I am losing my “grandfathered in” status as a blue card holder?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!