Digital Membership Cards?

Follow the instructions in this post and it should “fix” it.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/digital-membership-cards.3865079/post-63641404
Thanks! I followed these instructions, and it now shows my affiliations.

However ...

My DVC affiliation is wrong.

I have 3 DVC memberships: one is a recent resale and two are much older with full benefits. But my "Memberships & Passes" on the MDE website (and app) only shows my most recent DVC membership. Consequently, when I try to add my additional memberships on MDE, I get an error that the username & password is an invalid DVC account. Looks like I'll have to call Member Services (closed today).

Ugh!!!

Disney IT is terrible!

I’ve had the DVC digital card as my Magic Mobile in my Apple Wallet for many months. I have affiliations and QR code on backside. It only lists one of my memberships and Disney Visa. My daughter’s Magic Mobile pass is part of the group in my wallet with a different card design for her.

I'm a blue card holder and purchased resale in 2010. I'm seeing the following on my Digital Card:

DVC ND, ANNUAL, DVIC

So, wouldn't that suggest that ND might refer to "Not Direct" versus "No Discount," as I should have all discounts? Or am I missing something?

I'm a blue card holder and purchased resale in 2010. I'm seeing the following on my Digital Card:

DVC ND, ANNUAL, DVIC

So, wouldn't that suggest that ND might refer to "Not Direct" versus "No Discount," as I should have all discounts? Or am I missing something?

I don't think anyone knows yet. It could stand for something completely unrelated to your DVC standing. Someone mentioned earlier they have only ever owned resale and theirs says DVC Y. I don't have a Disney Visa but I have DVIC.

I think it's too early to get worried about what it says there, at this point it's probably best to just look at it as something to keep an eye on. Hopefully Disney provides more details in the coming weeks. We don't even know for sure this is the replacement for the DVC membership card, I just happened to find it in mine while messing around and posted it.

At the parks and my Dad used his plastic card today. Went to Boma and the waiter said they are accepting the cards for 1 more month and then it will only be digital cards. I have an image of my card saved to my phone is what I have been using since I lost my card a month ago.

At the parks and my Dad used his plastic card today. Went to Boma and the waiter said they are accepting the cards for 1 more month and then it will only be digital cards. I have an image of my card saved to my phone is what I have been using since I lost my card a month ago.

That is good to know because we all know we need to give Disney IT time to get things to work. I go next week!

Is it possible it’s rolled into the magic pass? I asked this on the thread in member services. My magic pass shows my DVC affiliation. I would think the smartest thing for Disney would be for the magic pass to encompass all, one thing to scan and get all a person is allowed to access (parks, annual pass, DVC perks, etc).
Sorry if this was discussed and dismissed already. Below is what I see when I look at the details in my wallet app on the iPhone for my magic pass.

View attachment 634908
What is a magic pass? We are west coasters and Aulani owners. Here now (at Aulani) and the gift shop told me i needed to get a new digital membership card through MDE and add it to my wallet.

I just checked mine. I show: DVC Y, DVIC So if I'm going by what others are guessing: I'm blue card direct, and have a Disney Visa

Reactions: cm8
I’m at old key west and bought a couple things at the store today and the cashier informed me that they will only take the physical card for a few more days and then it will only be accepted digitally ☹️. I will miss flashing my physical card, we paid enough money for the pleasure of DVC 🤪.

Since I'm very Technology Challenged (Hey, I just figured out how to cancel a park reservation), this whole thing is beyond me. I don't even know what this "Apple wallet" thing is. I go to WDW this month, and if I ever have to show my DVC card for a discount, I'll show my recently expired card and ID, then hope for the best. Otherwise, I'm afraid the CM or someone has to show me how to get a digital card.

Since I'm very Technology Challenged (Hey, I just figured out how to cancel a park reservation), this whole thing is beyond me. I don't even know what this "Apple wallet" thing is. I go to WDW this month, and if I ever have to show my DVC card for a discount, I'll show my recently expired card and ID, then hope for the best. Otherwise, I'm afraid the CM or someone has to show me how to get a digital card.

It's still on the DVC site. When you are on your dashboard look at the upper right corner and you'll see a link to click on that says "Membership Card/Identification".

As a west coaster, I suppose they will try to roll this in to the Aulani app and maybe the new Disneyland app once we get MagicBand+ over here.

My DH and I are technology challenged seniors. I'm sure hopping some one posts a video on how to access the DVC card on an I-phone. We do not use apple or google pay. We have a trip planned Jan 25, will need to show our DVC cards to activate our AP's. This is all getting too hard!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter