• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Digital Membership Cards?

How do I add my picture where my initial is?

Have a suitable replacement avatar picture loaded on your computer and click on the current "J" avatar that you want to replace That will take you to another screen. Click on your screen name and next click on "edit", select a premade avatar or use "custom" to use your own picture. There is a size recommendation of 500x500 pixels, and also a maximum resolution. If your custom photo is too large, you will need to resize it smaller. I hope this helps.

This development has caused my wife finally to want to create her own DVC account online. She already had a MDE account. Am I correct that what we need to do is
  1. obtain an activation code from DVC member services via telephone [ugh]
  2. sign in to the DVC website using her MDE credentials
  3. input the activation code
  4. sign back into MDE
  5. link the 2 accounts under Profile/Memberships and Passes
  6. then create her Mobile Pass and, in theory, her DVC affiliation will show up
Did I miss anything? When she call's DVC member services, does she need any information that is not on her existing (but expired) blue membership card in order to have them give her an activation code?

Last edited:
This development has caused my wife finally to want to create her own DVC account online. She already had a MDe account. Am I correct that what we need to do is
  4. sign back into MDE
Did I miss anything? When she call's DVC member services, does she need any information that is not on her existing (but expired) blue membership card in order to have them give her an activation code?
When you call, select 1 for MS and then (IIRC) 6 for website support. Once the CM validates her information, they will provide her with her unique Club ID and Activation Code, both of which are needed to establish a DVC online account. Have her keep the CM on the phone until she has setup the DVC account and successfully linked it to her MDE account.

That's what I thought, I wanted to make sure it didn't stand for something ese that I couldn't figure out. LOL
I thought it stood for Non Direct also, how you bought your DVC. Its making me consider a small direct contract after I just recently closed on a 300 point aulani contract.

I thought it stood for Non Direct also, how you bought your DVC. Its making me consider a small direct contract after I just recently closed on a 300 point aulani contract.
If your 300 Aulani points are your only points and they were purchased resale, to get member benefits (i.e. discounts) you need to purchase at least 150 points direct.

When you call, select 1 for MS and then (IIRC) 6 for website support. Once the CM validates her information, they will provide her with her unique Club ID and Activation Code, both of which are needed to establish a DVC online account. Have her keep the CM on the phone until she has setup the DVC account and successfully linked it to her MDE account.
Thank you!

This development has caused my wife finally to want to create her own DVC account online. She already had a MDE account. Am I correct that what we need to do is
  4. sign back into MDE
I thought I read upstream that someone was able to get the activation code via the chat feature. I´d give that a try first since they are faster.

Does anyone know why a 2019 resale would be listed as a Y on the digital card?

4. sign back into MDE
I was able to add affiliate members via chat. Received both their member ID's and the activation code without waiting on the phone. Then they simply used the information to set up their accounts. This would have been mid-November.

Thanks to @erionm @Donna-m and @DonMacGregor for the tips.
My wife just let me know she was able to get her DVC online account set up by calling and without much of a wait or hassle. She didn't connect it to MDE but I'll do that with her tonight and also set up her card.
Thanks again for all the responses and tips.

PSA: The digital membership card is really a misnomer, and it does not mean you need to have a smartphone or carry your smartphone around everywhere you go. The real change that's been implemented is that your My Disney Experience account is now linked to your DVC membership, that's it. Any piece of media that you used to use to tap into your MDX account will now work in situations where you need to show DVC membership. The thing everyone is creating is NOT ACTUALLY a "digital membership card" stored in Google Pay or Apple Pay. It's essentially a digital MagicBand. It'll work for membership verification, but it's not the *only* thing that will work for membership verification.

This is the same reason that you can use multiple different MagicBands interchangeably. It's because nothing is actually stored on the MagicBand or, in this case, in your phone's digital wallet. The band and digital wallet just connect Disney's touch points to your MDX profile, where all of your information is stored.

PSA: The digital membership card is really a misnomer, and it does not mean you need to have a smartphone or carry your smartphone around everywhere you go. The real change that's been implemented is that your My Disney Experience account is now linked to your DVC membership, that's it. Any piece of media that you used to use to tap into your MDX account will now work in situations where you need to show DVC membership. The thing everyone is creating is NOT ACTUALLY a "digital membership card" stored in Google Pay or Apple Pay. It's essentially a digital MagicBand. It'll work for membership verification, but it's not the *only* thing that will work for membership verification.

This is the same reason that you can use multiple different MagicBands interchangeably. It's because nothing is actually stored on the MagicBand or, in this case, in your phone's digital wallet. The band and digital wallet just connect Disney's touch points to your MDX profile, where all of your information is stored.

Have you read any of the posts on this thread?

There are numerous posts about phone conversations with MS and interactions with CMs that explicitly state that in order for your discount to be applied you MUST show the DVC Y affiliation in MagicMobile.

While I agree with your logic, that is not being applied in this case.

Have you read any of the posts on this thread?

There are numerous posts about phone conversations with MS and interactions with CMs that explicitly state that in order for your discount to be applied you MUST show the DVC Y affiliation in MagicMobile.

While I agree with your logic, that is not being applied in this case.
Those CMs are poorly trained. It will shake out.

View attachment 638549

According to all the CMs I talked to this week when I was there, you will definitely have to pull it up and show those affliations.

A Magic Band will not work for discounts, because they can not see those affiliations that way and of course, usingmy MB was not an option.

So, unless they change things, as of now, a smartphone or watch will be needed.

Sorry, there is no way all the people I talked to, including managers at RIV and GR, at DS, MS and Epcot about it are wrong or not trained.

According to all the CMs I talked to this week when I was there, you will definitely have to pull it up and show those affliations.

A Magic Band will not work for discounts, because they can not see those affiliations that way and of course, usingmy MB was not an option.

So, unless they change things, as of now, a smartphone or watch will be needed.

Sorry, there is no way all the people I talked to, including managers at RIV about it are wrong or not trained.
The rollout is not yet complete.

As it stands, a cast member trying to apply a merchandise discount has to physically hit a button on their register to apply it. Once the rollout is complete, the register will just "know" that @Sandisw is a DVC member when you tap your band or phone or whatever else and apply it automatically.

The rollout is not yet complete.

As it stands, a cast member trying to apply a merchandise discount has to physically hit a button on their register to apply it. Once the rollout is complete, the register will just "know" that @Sandisw is a DVC member when you tap your band or phone or whatever else and apply it automatically.

Oh, it will show me as DVC and it did, but they have to see the DVC Y or DVC ND, and as of today, that is only possible by pulling it up.

Again, starting Feb 1st, that will be the expectation as they expect all glitches to be fixed, unless you have been given other info.

Why would all those managers and supervisors I talked to not say this is the plan vs telling me that the phone or watch needed. Why would the DVC video have you add to the wallet?

I definitely do hope it does eventually become automatic but that won’t be anytime soon per CMs.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter