• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Digital Membership Cards?

And did said CM's say anything about cards that lack the Y or the ND???????

No, because I didn’t ask about it specifically, just said they needed to see the Y. All knew there were issues still and they were being fixed which is why they mentioned by Feb 1st, it would be required to bring it up vs. thr screenshot some took for me so far.

I hope to stop at the Epcot lounge this afternoon and I will try to remember to ask there!

I wonder if it ever occurred to some of these geniuses that there are people who don't use Apple or Google Pay on their phones and have no desire to begin? My husband is a disaster with technology and would happily carry a plastic membership card but asking him to pull up Google Pay on his Android is just too much for him.

I checked and my grandfathered membership also displays the erroneous ND so I just deleted it from my phone. I have no plans to visit any time soon, so I'll wait it out to see if they fix this.

I think the answer is that either it never occurred to them or it occurred and they dismissed it as inconsequential. It's certainly feedback I'd be sending them and asking for an alternative.

Just the messenger here, but as of now, it doesn’t sound like they have a different option for those who can’t or don’t have it. To get the discounts you must be able to show it digitally:

As with everything, though, things can change and maybe they will offer an alternative…but, it did sound like it’s to make sure only those eligible get them…of course, there will be people who slip through.

But, as I shared, the CMs I talked to so far, all knew Y vs ND.
My apologies if my post came across as a criticism of you. It was more of a vent about a company that insists on forcing their customers to rely heavily on phone technologies when their own IT is woefully inadequate and flawed.

My apologies if my post came across as a criticism of you. It was more of a vent about a company that insists on forcing their customers to rely heavily on phone technologies when their own IT is woefully inadequate and flawed.

It absolutely did not! It was more for everyone to be aware of how it’s rolling out. I agree that people should be telling DVC thoughts.

And Creations would not take the screenshot. I had to pull it up. And show my license but the screenshot of that was accepted.

It absolutely did not! It was more for everyone to be aware of how it’s rolling out. I agree that people should be telling DVC thoughts.

And Creations would not take the screenshot. I had to pull it up. And show my license but the screenshot of that was accepted.
Are you saying the screenshot of the temporary one from the dvc page, or a screenshot that is in the wallet? I was able to get a screenshot on my card and my dh before his stopped showing the DVC Y.

I am now dealing with another nightmare (for me) I am not tech savvy, but hopefully my son will be able to do it for me. I am having issues getting into the itunes app store to set up an account to get the MDE app for my dh phone. I have tried so many different things. This is so frustrating just to get a card that was sent for free! I have spent hours on this, and I´m sure I´m not the only one.

Just an update over here for me… I added the card to my wallet on Thursday. No affiliations were showing, no matter how many times I did the phone number trick. Up until I last checked on Sunday I didn’t even have a blank affiliation line in my wallet. Was just about to try the phone number trick again… but much to my surprise my DVC affiliation has magically appeared in my Apple wallet!

All that to say, for those waiting for affiliations to show at all, or show correctly, it seems like Disney is doing things behind the scenes (at this pace it’s probably manual updates 😅) and there’s hope it’ll resolve on its own. 🤞🏻

Standing outside my SSR room right now with 5 bags of melting groceries. Why? DH electronic key does not work. DH gone to check-in. Sigh.... Already knew I would not have electronic key because my account is messed up. Why am I not surprised his doesn't work?

Ok I downloaded my pass and it says Y but I didn't think I had extras. Where can I find the eligibility?

This has probably already been mentioned but you can still print a temporary ID card from the DVC site that is good for the next 30 days.
Be warned that people have posted in this thread that some CMs aren't accepting the temporary ID card even though they're supposed to accept it.

Figures. One other thing: When we were there last week, some CMs just asked to see the Profile -> Memberships & Passes screen on MDE instead of the wallet.

Be warned that people have posted in this thread that some CMs aren't accepting the temporary ID card even though they're supposed to accept it.

They were told to be flexible but not that people shouldnt be prepared to show it The correct way...they simply know there ar currrently issues

So, if you have DVC ND and a blue card snd going this month, I’d have blth ready to do just in case, IMO.

Figures. One other thing: When we were there last week, some CMs just asked to see the Profile -> Memberships & Passes screen on MDE instead of the wallet.

January is going to be all over the place. I think when we get to February we may see or hear of more consistency in terms of what happens.

January is going to be all over the place. I think when we get to February we may see or hear of more consistency in terms of what happens.
We are arriving there on Feb 1 with things still a mess on my end. Hopefully, I´ll get it straightened out in time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter