Digital Membership Cards?

The rollout is not yet complete.

As it stands, a cast member trying to apply a merchandise discount has to physically hit a button on their register to apply it. Once the rollout is complete, the register will just "know" that @Sandisw is a DVC member when you tap your band or phone or whatever else and apply it automatically.
It's always been able to see if someone was a member as the DVC memberships could be linked to MDE. What it hasn't been able to do is to tell the difference between blue card and white card. I agree that eventually it will get to a point that it will be able to do that but I believe that they had to do it through the wallet for some reason. It should be work to scan and maybe with the new MB's but I don't think that will work with the current ones.

It's always been able to see if someone was a member as the DVC memberships could be linked to MDE. What it hasn't been able to do is to tell the difference between blue card and white card. I agree that eventually it will get to a point that it will be able to do that but I believe that they had to do it through the wallet for some reason. It should be work to scan and maybe with the new MB's but I don't think that will work with the current ones.

What would make the difference between the announced new bands and the old? Do both not reference back to your Disney portfolio (MDE)? I only glanced at the new magic band announcement.

The rollout is not yet complete.

As it stands, a cast member trying to apply a merchandise discount has to physically hit a button on their register to apply it. Once the rollout is complete, the register will just "know" that @Sandisw is a DVC member when you tap your band or phone or whatever else and apply it automatically.
I hope you're right! We still use magic bands and don't have Google pay... would definitely prefer to use a magicband and ID. Next trip is in June so waiting for things to settle out as we have 2 grandfathered resales.

What would make the difference between the announced new bands and the old? Do both not reference back to your Disney portfolio (MDE)? I only glanced at the new magic band announcement.
I really don't know what is coming with the new bands....they'll be able to do more than the current ones but we don't know what. IF (big IF) they can pull info from the wallets then that might explain trying to move everything there. I'm just guessing though.

Nothing in the announced features of the upcoming MagicBand+ indicate that it will be able to apply discounts. If Disney ever gets to the point where they can scan a MB to determine discounts, all MBs would support that feature since a MB just connects to an individual MDE acccount.

New features of the MB+ are:
  • Customizable color-changing lights
  • Haptic vibrations let you feel the magic with light vibrations that bring experiences to life
  • Gesture recognition—your movement enables magical surprises!
  • Rechargeable (not mentioned in link below)
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/guest-services/magicband-plus/

Nothing in the announced features of the upcoming MagicBand+ indicate that it will be able to apply discounts. If Disney ever gets to the point where they can scan a MB to determine discounts, all MBs would support that feature since a MB just connects to an individual MDE acccount.

New features of the MB+ are:
  • Customizable color-changing lights
  • Haptic vibrations let you feel the magic with light vibrations that bring experiences to life
  • Gesture recognition—your movement enables magical surprises!
  • Rechargeable (not mentioned in link below)
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/guest-services/magicband-plus/
Unless they don't use MDE for affiliations and discounts which can explain the move to wallets instead. But I do agree that nothing was announced with regard to the new MB's handling this sort of thing differently.

Unless they don't use MDE for affiliations and discounts which can explain the move to wallets instead. But I do agree that nothing was announced with regard to the new MB's handling this sort of thing differently.

That just seems silly to not use MDE. And actually they are - MDE is the source for creating the card for the wallets so they are using MDE for the affiliations and discounts just not for the CM's to view them. They have way over complicated this.

Member Services actually called me today to tell me my membership card issue was fixed. I was pleasantly surprised that someone took the time to call me back. I was asked to check that the ND affiliation was gone and replaced with a Y, while we were still on the line. She asked me to delete the current membership card in the iPhone wallet just to be sure, re-add it, and surprise, surprise, surprise... Okay, maybe it's not a surprise after all, it was still ND.

But, all-in-all, it was a good experience as I honestly did not expect anyone to call me back.

So if Courtney from Member Services read this, or even better, her boss, she did a wonderful job today!

Member Services actually called me today to tell me my membership card issue was fixed. I was pleasantly surprised that someone took the time to call me back. I was asked to check that the ND affiliation was gone and replaced with a Y, while we were still on the line. She asked me to delete the current membership card in the iPhone wallet just to be sure, re-add it, and surprise, surprise, surprise... Okay, maybe it's not a surprise after all, it was still ND.

But, all-in-all, it was a good experience as I honestly did not expect anyone to call me back.

So if Courtney from Member Services read this, or even better, her boss, she did a wonderful job today!
So they are still working on your issue?

Did you try the phone number trick? Delete it, go into Magic Mobile and re put in the phone again?

Then load again. It has worked for others.

Did you try the phone number trick? Delete it, go into Magic Mobile and re put in the phone again?

Then load again. It has worked for others.
Yes, I tried that multiple times. I deleted the card from the wallet, deleted both phone numbers from the profile, saved the profile, then reentered the phone numbers and reloaded the card. That hasn't made a difference yet.

Last edited:
Yes, I tried that multiple times. I deleted the card from the wallet, deleted both phone numbers from the profile, saved the profile, then reentered the phone numbers and reloaded the card. That hasn't made a difference yet.

Oh. Was hoping after the call it might have. At least they are working on it!!

I can't even access Mobile Magic from the MDE app now. I get an error "Please try again. Something went wrong loading this screen." Of course, trying again is futile. I deleted and reinstalled the app but it still doesn't work.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter