Did this happen to anyone else when renewing their pass?

DieGo2SHAE

Mouseketeer
This is going to seem like I'm making it up, but did anyone else that renewed their Dream key to an Inspire key end up with two Inspire keys? My wife and I recently renewed ours by paying in full at the ticket booths, and now that our expiration date has passed we've each had two Inspire keys show up in the app. They have the same expiration date so its not like we get any additional time, but we are able to make 12 reservations instead of 6 and we have definitely not been charged twice. After we did the renewal but before our Dream keys expired, we had two passes show up on the reservation page (one labeled Dream Key/Inspire Renewal, and the other labeled Inspire Key/Inspire Renewal) and we just assumed the Dream/Inspire Renewal one would disappear after our expiration date. But once the Dream expiration date passed it instead just became an Inspire key (with the same pass number as the Dream key) and the expiration date was reset to one year out, fully able to make six reservations completely separate from the 'new' Inspire key. Since they're separate passes (different numbers and everything) we could presumably reserve both parks on the same day and use that to park hop before 1pm like the good ol' days 😮

I hope this glitch happens for me, LOL! I'm not able to renew until the 15th, but I'll watch for this!

Yes we bought ones at the park and she entered the numbers so we can make reservations right away, she said it usually takes 3 days later another pass shows on the web site.

Nice glitch however I'd be way too nervous making more than 6 res on one key.

With all the fine print Disney could easily cancel the 'duplicate' pass/reservations and you might be out if park is sold out of reservations.

Get that resolved. While it seems like a perk, it will end up being a nightmare if you ever have issues with your pass. Trust me, I dealt with issues of a similar magnitude when it turned out I had 2 separate pass numbers assigned to me. I'd show up to the parks and my pass would randomly not scan or come up invalid for parking, admission, or discounts. It cost me several hours of my time dealing with it at the ticket booths, to the point that they extended my entire family's passes an additional month. So, seriously, get this issue straightened out sooner rather than later.

Agree about getting this cleared up right away. This happened to a friend who made 12 reservations on his 2 MKs. When he tried to enter the parks on one of the "false/phantom" reservations, he was denied entry and told he had no reservations on file. The false reservations screwed up all his reservations. It took a very long time at the ticket booths to work out the whole mess.

Happened to us. It’s a pain in the *** that culminated in me having a reservation that wasn’t attached to either pass while my wife and daughter’s reservations were fine. Thankfully day of reservations were available and then a cast member fixed the glitch.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!