Did I miss something?

lshaw

Mouseketeer
I have noticed a few posts that state the Concourse SteakHouse is going away- I hadn't read anything regarding this- can someone enlighten me?

Thanks!!

There is a (rumored to be) DVCbuilding going up where the North Garden Wing used to be at the CR. As part of the renovation for the new construction, a number of changes are being made to restaurants and shops in the CR, as well as a skyway (elevated walkway) being built between the 2 buildings. I know there have been a number of threads about the construction on the DVC board, and I assume the resort board as well. Here is what Deb at allearsnet has to say about it:

The North Garden wing is being demolished. The tennis courts and playground are also gone. Rumors swirl of a Disney Vacation Club Resort however no official announcement has been made.

The Food and Fun Center will close in July to be converted to a new table service restaurant. Beginning July 30, 2007, a temporary quick service restaurant called Tempo Grab and Go will operate near the Outer Rim lounge on the 4th Floor. It will be open through August 14, 2008. The new table service location will be called The Wave, and is tentatively set to open in late March or April 2008. Once The Wave opens, the Concourse Steakhouse will close and a new, permanent quick service restaurant will be constructed in that space, set to debut in mid-August 2008.

I have noticed a few posts that state the Concourse SteakHouse is going away- I hadn't read anything regarding this- can someone enlighten me?

Thanks!!
I was talking to a Contemporary CM Friday 9/7 that said that too. I think she said it was going to happen very soon. She did say that a new resturaunt will open in a few months on the first floor, but it won't be the Concourse Steakhouse reopening (which is what I'd thought). She said that although they don't know for sure what this new resturaunt will have, the strongest rumor is that it will be Asian-type food.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter