DHS/Toy Story Land "Early Morning Magic" (EMM) FAQ & Discussion

We’re going to get to do both HS and MK in May. We finally timed it right! I’m not sure if it wasn’t offered in the summer or we just missed the dates.
Cool. I thought about the MK one but the date doesn’t work with my plans. I’m sure you will enjoy both of them .

One thing we do know from looking at the date history/schedule (click here) is that TSL EMM has been offered - with only a few exceptions - every Monday & Wednesday since it was introduced late Sept 2018. It has been a far more regular pattern than MK EMM has ever been. The only major variable has been Fridays.... we saw a run of them Nov-Dec and now again in March.

Since DHS is not 'typically' a park that gets pre-9am opening hours, my guess is they barrel on through the entire summer with Mon/Wed dates, eventually. Unless they are planning a run of pre-9am openings, like what they have done at DAK, for example, at times in the summer months in the post-Pandora era.

All speculation though. :-)
My guess is they're waiting to see how Friday EMM ticket sales go in March, and then decide what days to have it on going forward. If so, summer dates would come out beginning of March (they don't need to wait until the event dates to know how ticket sales are).

I feel like we might have waited too long to book for our trip in may. Is there a reservation finder that would help track this? I've heard of a 7:00am time vs the 7:30am time I've seen. Is there a chance they'll open more spots? I was kind of on the fence about it, so I'm wondering if this is still an option or if the cosmos are telling me to save my money :D

NOOOOOO !!

I waited too long and now March 6th is SOLD OUT :(

How common is it that some spots will become available due to cancellations ?

BOOM ! I kept looking over and over and over every hour or so and today.. MAGIC 2 spots opened up !

I have successfully booked my early morning magic at toy story land on March 6th ! WHOOHOOOOOO :) :) :)

Thank you so much to the family who cancelled their reservation !!

We did EMM at TSL this morning (2/20). I didn’t keep great notes like many do, but just a few highlights - they didn’t start walking us back to TSL until around 7:25, which was kind of a bummer. I was glad we had lined up outside the theater on the early side (around 7), because we were pretty close to the front. Our first SDD we waited maybe 2-3 trains. Our second SDD was the longest wait (maybe 10-12 minutes?). Then we did AS2 and TSM and then SDD x3. The lines for SDD were MUCH shorter at the end of the event. We left TSL around 8:40 and headed to RNR. Posted wait was 15 minutes but we were on in more like 7-8. Headed to TOT around 9:10. Posted wait was 25 minutes and looked like that could be close. We got super lucky and snagged a 9:20 FP while standing in line, so we hopped out of line and tapped in with our FP. We rode and made it to Backlot for breakfast by about 9:40/9:45. If we had done TOT standby, I’m not sure we would have made it for breakfast. BUT, it’s Presidents’ Week and SUPER crowded here. For breakfast, the chilaquiles (spelling?) were delicious. I never would have ordered them but for the great reviews I’ve read. The avocado toast was gross and the egg was like a hockey puck. All in all, worth every penny and we will do it again!!!!

We did EMM at TSL this morning (2/20). I didn’t keep great notes like many do, but just a few highlights - they didn’t start walking us back to TSL until around 7:25, which was kind of a bummer. I was glad we had lined up outside the theater on the early side (around 7), because we were pretty close to the front. Our first SDD we waited maybe 2-3 trains. Our second SDD was the longest wait (maybe 10-12 minutes?). Then we did AS2 and TSM and then SDD x3. The lines for SDD were MUCH shorter at the end of the event. We left TSL around 8:40 and headed to RNR. Posted wait was 15 minutes but we were on in more like 7-8. Headed to TOT around 9:10. Posted wait was 25 minutes and looked like that could be close. We got super lucky and snagged a 9:20 FP while standing in line, so we hopped out of line and tapped in with our FP. We rode and made it to Backlot for breakfast by about 9:40/9:45. If we had done TOT standby, I’m not sure we would have made it for breakfast. BUT, it’s Presidents’ Week and SUPER crowded here. For breakfast, the chilaquiles (spelling?) were delicious. I never would have ordered them but for the great reviews I’ve read. The avocado toast was gross and the egg was like a hockey puck. All in all, worth every penny and we will do it again!!!!

Regarding post EMM plans;

Per easywdw, ToT is going to be running at half capacity for months (I think he said into the summer even) for maintenance.

This might explain the above review; while others posted doing exactly what was attempted, including riding ToT standby, and making it back to breakfast, the above review suggests otherwise.

I’m strongly leaning towards changing my plans to getting FPs for RnRC and ToT, instead of doing them at RD. Instead, we’ll to Star Tours and characters from 8:45 through 9:30. An added benefit to this is that we won’t have to worry about high tailing it out of there to beat RD crowds.

Hoping to read more reports of RDing RnRC and ToT between now and my FP day to help me make a final decision.

Regarding post EMM plans;

Per easywdw, ToT is going to be running at half capacity for months (I think he said into the summer even) for maintenance.

This might explain the above review; while others posted doing exactly what was attempted, including riding ToT standby, and making it back to breakfast, the above review suggests otherwise.

I’m strongly leaning towards changing my plans to getting FPs for RnRC and ToT, instead of doing them at RD. Instead, we’ll to Star Tours and characters from 8:45 through 9:30. An added benefit to this is that we won’t have to worry about high tailing it out of there to beat RD crowds.

Hoping to read more reports of RDing RnRC and ToT between now and my FP day to help me make a final decision.

I think if we’d left TSL even 5 minutes earlier, we might have beat the rope drop crowd to RNR, which would have shaved a few minutes off of our RNR wait time and then maybe TOT would have been shorter if we’d gotten there a few minutes earlier. But I hated the thought of skipping out on something I paid good money for, especially because we were having a ball on SDD! If TOT was running at reduced capacity, it wasn’t obvious (not that I’d necessarily notice anyway!)

BOOM ! I kept looking over and over and over every hour or so and today.. MAGIC 2 spots opened up !

I have successfully booked my early morning magic at toy story land on March 6th ! WHOOHOOOOOO :) :) :)

Thank you so much to the family who cancelled their reservation !!
That’s our morning too - see you there in about two weeks!

I think if we’d left TSL even 5 minutes earlier, we might have beat the rope drop crowd to RNR, which would have shaved a few minutes off of our RNR wait time and then maybe TOT would have been shorter if we’d gotten there a few minutes earlier. But I hated the thought of skipping out on something I paid good money for, especially because we were having a ball on SDD! If TOT was running at reduced capacity, it wasn’t obvious (not that I’d necessarily notice anyway!)
Your times look pretty similar to previous reports/reviews.

Easywdw said work started on 2/18. Did you notice if they were loading both sets of elevators? (All 4 elevators, or only 2).

Your times look pretty similar to previous reports/reviews.

Easywdw said work started on 2/18. Did you notice if they were loading both sets of elevators? (All 4 elevators, or only 2).

Honestly I didn’t notice, so I defer to easywdw! Our elevator did make a really weird stop/reposition at the bottom that I’ve never experienced before, so maybe some maintenance explains why that was.

I feel like we might have waited too long to book for our trip in may. Is there a reservation finder that would help track this? I've heard of a 7:00am time vs the 7:30am time I've seen. Is there a chance they'll open more spots? I was kind of on the fence about it, so I'm wondering if this is still an option or if the cosmos are telling me to save my money :D

Im wondering the same thing. I didn't realize that May had opened and just saw where our May dates are already sold out (7:30 is the only time open currently). Does anyone have any information on how soon they starting offering 7 am slots? Should I start checking every day to see if 7 am becomes available?

Im wondering the same thing. I didn't realize that May had opened and just saw where our May dates are already sold out (7:30 is the only time open currently). Does anyone have any information on how soon they starting offering 7 am slots? Should I start checking every day to see if 7 am becomes available?
I think it’s random when/if they add the 7:00 slot. I would check every day. It only takes a minute, and you’ll be crying if you miss it again.

Take the 7:30. You can get in at the same time, your reservation time makes absolutely no difference.

Edited..... Sorry I misread what you were saying. I thought you were waiting for more 7 slots but there were 7:30 open. Nevermind! I would keep checking because it seems they almost always eventually add that 7am time slot after the 7:30 sells out

I just booked my ADRs counting on TS EMM being offered in August. We are doing a short trip, and I made our DHS day on day 2 of our trip (a Monday) in the hopes EMM will be offered. Is there any reason to think they won't extend it through summer?

We are doing the event on Monday, but our FP's are for MK later in the afternoon. We had originally planned to try to do standby for RnRC and TOT between TSL and breakfast (8:45-9:30-ish). I hope we can still get those accomplished! If not, we may hit TOT first and the RnRC after breakfast. Is there a long standby line for RnRC in the mornings or are most still headed for TSL?

I just booked my ADRs counting on TS EMM being offered in August. We are doing a short trip, and I made our DHS day on day 2 of our trip (a Monday) in the hopes EMM will be offered. Is there any reason to think they won't extend it through summer?

I tend to think DHS EMM will continue unabated until we get towards SWGE. That will be the end of EMM as we know it. But for now, the pattern is pretty darn consistent.

Could be wrong, just my feeling.

We are doing the event on Monday, but our FP's are for MK later in the afternoon. We had originally planned to try to do standby for RnRC and TOT between TSL and breakfast (8:45-9:30-ish). I hope we can still get those accomplished! If not, we may hit TOT first and the RnRC after breakfast. Is there a long standby line for RnRC in the mornings or are most still headed for TSL?
Good luck! If you get the chance, please report back how it all works out.

With Galaxys edge not opening until late fall, I just can’t see a reason not to continue EMM until it opens. I’m hoping for firing our Labor Day trio.

I do not like what I just saw..

Mondays and Wednesdays were all sold out for February and March. Now as of this morning, there are remaining tickets for ALL DATES in February and March. It looks like they are adding more tickets.

I have been looking 4-5 times a day for the past 2 weeks and everything was always sold out (Although I managed to finally grab a spot on March 6th).

Thoughts ?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter