DHS/Toy Story Land "Early Morning Magic" (EMM) FAQ & Discussion

We did EMM this morning in the pouring rain. We walked right on to a bus at Pop Century at 6:30, we were planning to Uber if there wasn’t a bus coming in good time. Did bag check, got our wristbands and then we held and the turnstiles until 7 am. We opted not to go for breakfast first we went straight to the holding are just outside of the theatre.

They started to walk us back at 7:25. We did Toy Story mania first, then went to Slinky dog, it said a 15 mins queue but it was more like 5. Then we did Aliens and back to Slinky dog again. It was basically a walk on the second time. It was about 8:30 at this point, it started to rain harder and going on slinky dog was not particularly pleasant the rain felt like ice pellets on your face. We probably could have ridden 4 or 5 more times if it wasn’t for the rain.

We decided to beat the rush to breakfast and walked over to the backlot express. The breakfast was really good. We could tell when the crowds must have came in because there was a rush of people coming in for breakfast just around 9 when we were finishing. We then went over to Tower of Terror, did it twice as a walk on, Rockin Roller coaster wasn’t opened when we first went by but was on the way back out.

Probably could have walked on that as well but we opted not to. Because of the rain we decided to do shows, caught Frozen at 10:30 and then the Little Mermaid and are now on the way out at 12. Despite the rain I think it was worth it.

Rides open between 7:15 and 7:20, but it takes a few minutes to walk from the food to the line for TSL, which is by the Chinese theater. So, people want to leave Backlot (where the food is) by 7:10 or so. Also, if they open at 6:45, you won't get to Backlot until 6:50. 20 min is not enough time to order a hot meal and eat. So, people grab a quick something (pastry/fruit) as a snack. Then, by 9:30 (after a couple of rope drop rides with super short waits) they are hungry for a large meal.

Yes, that is giving up the last part of short lines. But, it is maximizing EMM time.

For maximum ride time, you would eat breakfast at your hotel before coming to EMM at all, but most don't want to get up extra early for breakfast, and then give up the included breakfast.
I would add that the idea of consuming a full breakfast and then riding SDD multiple times, is not very appealing :crazy2:

Jeez didn't think there was a huge rush to book May 6. Just tried and it's sold out. Is it a for sure thing that they will open up more reservation spots with the 7:00 time slot?

Why is May 1 and 3rd not options!!! Its the only time we are there and those are the 2 days that the Wed/Fri is not available. Is there something else going on ? :(

Why is May 1 and 3rd not options!!! Its the only time we are there and those are the 2 days that the Wed/Fri is not available. Is there something else going on ? :(
I think someone upthread said May 1st is DHSs 30th Anniversary? If that's the case, and they plan on a small ceremony or something bigger I haven't heard about, I can see why they might not have an early entry event that AM. I didn't take the time to even goole if that is actually the anniversary, so I'm sorry if I'm misremembering and passing on bad info!

Fridays haven't been available for awhile and aren't for all of May. There are rumors that May 1st isn't available because it's the 30th anniversary of the park. (I have also seen speculation that that may be the opening date of the new Mickey ride). Some of us are also holding out hope that it's just a mistake.

We did EMM this morning in the pouring rain. We walked right on to a bus at Pop Century at 6:30, we were planning to Uber if there wasn’t a bus coming in good time. Did bag check, got our wristbands and then we held and the turnstiles until 7 am. We opted not to go for breakfast first we went straight to the holding are just outside of the theatre.

They started to walk us back at 7:25. We did Toy Story mania first, then went to Slinky dog, it said a 15 mins queue but it was more like 5. Then we did Aliens and back to Slinky dog again. It was basically a walk on the second time. It was about 8:30 at this point, it started to rain harder and going on slinky dog was not particularly pleasant the rain felt like ice pellets on your face. We probably could have ridden 4 or 5 more times if it wasn’t for the rain.

We decided to beat the rush to breakfast and walked over to the backlot express. The breakfast was really good. We could tell when the crowds must have came in because there was a rush of people coming in for breakfast just around 9 when we were finishing. We then went over to Tower of Terror, did it twice as a walk on, Rockin Roller coaster wasn’t opened when we first went by but was on the way back out.

Probably could have walked on that as well but we opted not to. Because of the rain we decided to do shows, caught Frozen at 10:30 and then the Little Mermaid and are now on the way out at 12. Despite the rain I think it was worth it.

So I was there yesterday too, and Rocking was down for most of the morning? We probably got there at 9:05-9:10. Was it open right at 9:00 and then shut down? That rain was tough on Slinky. We could have done it a 5th time but our two daughters were done being pelted by the rain - LOL. We did TOT and then breakfast. When we walked back to that area the gates were closed to Rockin? Sad we didn't get to do Rockin. It was our daughters birthday trip and it's here favorite. She did get to ride it once the day before thank goodness. But the plan was to ride it a few times for her before we left for MK.

Attended Monday morning's event (2/11) with my husband and two young boys (4 and 2). We left CCV at 6:30am and waited until close to 7am for a bus to DHS. Once we arrived, it was a seamless process to get through bag check, security, and park entry. Because we arrived a little later, we walked straight to TSL without a wait. I was seriously surprised by just how limited the event was. I knew the waits would be almost nonexistent, but you really felt like you had the land almost to yourself. In less than 90 minutes, we rode SDD 5 times, AS2 once, and TSM once.

Thanks so much for sharing this part! My son is SDD obsessed and I’ve been worried that crowds would still be bad since our 7:00 and 7:30 tickets sold out on our date.

My plan is quick muffin/coffee at Backlot, get to TSL for 7:20, SDD then Woody and Jessie as soon as the come out. Then SDD as many times as we can tolerate. TSM and AS2 then Buzz on the way out before the rope drop stampede. Our plan would then be on to either TOT or breakfast.

None of our Slinky Dog pictures are showing up from our EMM on 2/13. Is it typical for the camera not to be working during EMM? Trying to figure out if it's worth a call.

None of our Slinky Dog pictures are showing up from our EMM on 2/13. Is it typical for the camera not to be working during EMM? Trying to figure out if it's worth a call.

We never got any shots from Slinky Dog back on our EMM in November.

NOOOOOO !!

I waited too long and now March 6th is SOLD OUT :(

How common is it that some spots will become available due to cancellations ?

NOOOOOO !!

How common is it that some spots will become available due to cancellations ?

Yikes, hard to say. They just opened up Fridays in March last week, so maybe people will shuffle things around. There's a one day cancellation policy and people do change things... but you might want to be persistent in your checking.

Oh no I’m sorry .. keep checking .. good luck

UOTE="SpykeYs, post: 60266577, member: 630046"]NOOOOOO !!

How common is it that some spots will become available due to cancellations ?[/QUOTE]

Yikes, hard to say. They just opened up Fridays in March last week, so maybe people will shuffle things around. There's a one day cancellation policy and people do change things... but you might want to be persistent in your checking.
Check frequently! I decided kind of last minute to add Toy Story EMM for my husband and son for our December trip and it was sold out. But we were fortunately able to book it a few weeks before our trip. I think Disney added dates in my case, but people cancel all the time. Don't give up! And follow FB groups and disboards for your travel month - I think that's how I found out extra spots opened up for me. I've had very bad luck booking ADRs at the 180 mark for our trips, but I've always been able to get everything we wanted after checking the Disney site relentlessly (and signing up for touring plan alerts) - people rearrange their plans like crazy. Good luck!!!

We were also there on 2-13. My slinky pictures didn’t show up and I submitted a lost photo form Thursday night and they found them on Friday.

We went to EMM on Wednesday 2-13. We had a 7:30 slot. It was raining all morning and cold. We left CBR at 6:33 on the bus. Dropped off, got band and thru the turnstiles around 7a. We skipped breakfast and were held at the theater. A wall of Toy story mania cast members lead us back to the land at 7:23 or so. Cast members lead us the whole way. We got to slinky at 7:29. We were the first people on the second train. Pelting rain made the ride uncomfortable. It was cool and we enjoyed it. Rode Slinky 4 times, alien once and Mania twice. We left at 8:45a to get breakfast. We saw the wall of rope droppers coming. We had a FP for Rock at 9:20 but it was closed until about 11:30a. Timed it right and got in the standby line even though I had a multiple experience FP. The rained stopped around 12:30. We had a good time and well worth it.

Question
How do you get your bands ? Is it attached to your MDE account? Photo ID or ??

Thanks

We went to EMM on Wednesday 2-13. We had a 7:30 slot. It was raining all morning and cold. We left CBR at 6:33 on the bus. Dropped off, got band and thru the turnstiles around 7a. We skipped breakfast and were held at the theater. A wall of Toy story mania cast members lead us back to the land at 7:23 or so. Cast members lead us the whole way. We got to slinky at 7:29. We were the first people on the second train. Pelting rain made the ride uncomfortable. It was cool and we enjoyed it. Rode Slinky 4 times, alien once and Mania twice. We left at 8:45a to get breakfast. We saw the wall of rope droppers coming. We had a FP for Rock at 9:20 but it was closed until about 11:30a. Timed it right and got in the standby line even though I had a multiple experience FP. The rained stopped around 12:30. We had a good time and well worth it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter