DHS Sorcerer's Hat to be removed

Only if they make it a hard-ticket within a hard-ticket event. That's just smart business.

That's tag fairy worthy right there. Epic quote.

(Looks right, looks left, then ducks down, out of the way of the tomatoes.)

I like the hat and wish it would stay.

I like it, too. :blush:

We never went pre-hat, so don't really care if it were to stay...it is an interesting piece, but I never thought it was right as an icon when compared to the other three...and the water tower was worse...especially since it is the Warner Bros. Studio that is most associated with an iconic water tower on the studio lot.

The theater...that isn't a good icon either, especially since it isn't Disney exclusive, or even Disney owned.

What should be there? That's where I come up blank.

Yeah, this should be interesting. I'll be there next week. I just hope it isn't half there/half not there that week. I don't want a picture with half a hat and a crane for my DHS photopass pic!

aribelle said:
So now we'll have the Castle (MK), Tree of Life (AK), Ball (EPCOT) and what?????????????????

Seriously though, this is a huge thing, because that hat has been the icon of DHS "forever"....all that merchandise with the hat will now be either worth millions....or worthless.

The earful tower was the original icon of DHS

Well thanks for costing me money! Gotta go do the same.

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

Well, if the earful tower is going to be the icon again, then I expect them to start putting the Santa Hat on it for Christmas again! I remember the first time we went during the holiday season and it did not have the hat on it- I was so sad! (Yeah- before 10 people post, I know don't hold my breath for the return of the hat- it is probably out there with the Lights of Winter somewhere!)

Count me among those who think the hat is fine, but the location (blocking the view of the theater) is terrible.

Really? It was up the last 5 trips we have made, literally. It was up this past May and then last month. And the fall 2013. I guess it was Star Wars in May, Frozen last month. No clue what it was Fall 2013 then. We had not gotten a good Hat picture in years. Guess we never will again! :rotfl:

Tower Run - RunDisney wanted the stage last year

I'm putting my flame suit on...

But I don't like the look of the Chinese theater (GMR) at the end. The hat is way better of a look than the theater. In my opinion the hat is the logo of Hollywood Studios.

Count me among those who think the hat is fine, but the location (blocking the view of the theater) is terrible.

I agree, when you look down towards the hat now it is so crowded, it honestly looks like a dead end.

To anyone that watches OUAT, the hat just made an appearance there, maybe there is a tie in... hmmm ( that's me over thinking-- unintelligently)

I agree, when you look down towards the hat now it is so crowded, it honestly looks like a dead end.

To anyone that watches OUAT, the hat just made an appearance there, maybe there is a tie in... hmmm ( that's me over thinking-- unintelligently)

I watch it and it wouldn't surprise me at all. I'm trying to explain to my granddaughter about the story line and I'm failing miserably.

"Local 6 Theme World: Sorcerer's Hat to be removed from Disney's Hollywood Studios

Disney Spokesman Bryan Malenius just confirmed to Local 6 the park plans to reimagine the park's central plaza by removing the Sorcerer's Hat in early 2015."

Memories, like the corers of my mind. Misty watercolor memories, of the way they were.

The new location of the hat:

778647034_9d839b2bf0_o.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter