DHS Cars Land

I'm hoping they re-think this and make it a PixarLand. Or at least something more than cars. Who knows how long this can really be popular, with the next big thing always hovering around the corner. I want something they can continue to add to as our imaginations grow!

LOL, I’d prefer it not be Carsland but something original in WDW but I'll take anything new really. DHS is needing more. I'm the same about Avatarland.
Even if it is a clone I enjoy seeing the subtle differences between parks. I figure the Carsland in DHS will be a lesser experience but again, better than nothing.
Both parks trade blows on certain rides so it is OK. I think HM, ToT, Pooh, and Mermaid (will be) in WDW are superior. In DL Pirates is pretty much uncontested. I can go either way on Space, Small World and Splash frankly. Buzz in DL gets a slight nod but Autopia is definitely better. Don't think I've been enough times to both to compare the FL kid’s rides but FL in general just gets the nod in DL.
There are so many clone rides between the parks I don't see getting to upset about another one. I do prefer they theme the same rides systems differently between parks (Jones vs Count Down and Racers vs Test) but I'll take what I can get.

I really think they should just incorporate part of Carsland and do things from other pixar movies to truly create a pixar place. I think that would appeal to a broader spectrum which means more $ for Disney which is their bottom line.

WDWFanboys reporting that Carsland for DHS has been green lit....

http://www.wdwfanboys.com/blog/carsland-gets-the-green-light-for-hollywood-studios/
I can't wait for Carsland at Hollywood Studios. It is awesome in Disneyland and will be an awesome fit for the Pixar Place area of HS at Disney World. My 4 kids and husband LOVe the Cars movies. I liked Cars also, but The Incredibles is still my favorite Pixar movie ;-)

I have been saying for years that they should bulldoze the Indy stunt show at HS and put in the Indy ride like the one in Disneyland, but I didn't even know they were actually considering it. I'm totally excited to think there might even be a slight chance! It would be awesome!

Not really sure what to think about the Avatar thing. The movie was okay, but nothing epic like Star Wars.

I can't wait for Carsland at Hollywood Studios. It is awesome in Disneyland and will be an awesome fit for the Pixar Place area of HS at Disney World. My 4 kids and husband LOVe the Cars movies. I liked Cars also, but The Incredibles is still my favorite Pixar movie ;-)

I have been saying for years that they should bulldoze the Indy stunt show at HS and put in the Indy ride like the one in Disneyland, but I didn't even know they were actually considering it. I'm totally excited to think there might even be a slight chance! It would be awesome!

Not really sure what to think about the Avatar thing. The movie was okay, but nothing epic like Star Wars.

1st: None of this was confimed

2nd: They aren't going to bulldoze indy. they're going to bulldoze back lot tour.

1st: None of this was confimed

2nd: They aren't going to bulldoze indy. they're going to bulldoze back lot tour.
Where did I say they confirmed the Indy ride or bulldozing the Indy stuntshow? I said I thought they should have bulldozed the Indy stunt show a long time ago and that I was excited that there was even a rumor, outside chance, that they might bring the Indy ride to DHS.

Where did I say they confirmed the Indy ride or bulldozing the Indy stuntshow? I said I thought they should have bulldozed the Indy stunt show a long time ago and that I was excited that there was even a rumor, outside chance, that they might bring the Indy ride to DHS.

That's my bad. I misread it.

Hmm. Interesting. We get to see CarsLand in December. And I'll get to ride the original Haunted Mansion, Pirates, Space Mountain, and Soarin'. Now, of the 4 previously mentioned rides, the only one in Florida that I haven't ridden is Soarin'. So it will be interesting to see how they all compare (as it has been 18 years since I last went to Disneyland).

Personally, I would rather see them expand DHS with a PixarLand of some sort seeing as they already have TSM there (which is part of the Pixar movie family). Sure, bring in RSR and maybe Maters Jamboree, as well as some of the food from DL's CarsLand, but don't duplicate the land for the East Coast.

Also, we just paid $1500 for 5 of us to fly from Denver to Orange County, Cali in December. It was the cheapest airfare (and even now, still was) we could find. So cost to fly East to West coast is a moot point in my opinion for you East Coasters. Besides, I see/know plenty of West Coasters who spend the time/money to fly East to Disney World every couple years. The difference is, it's a priority and desire for them to do so, and thus they figure out how to make it happen. Just sayin'.

I don't mind the clone. Pricing it out has always shown WDW to be way cheaper for us :confused3.

I'm one for a Pixarland...and have cars within it :thumbsup2

I think in the end what Florida will get is NOT a full blown carsland but just the big draw, Radiator Springs Racers as part of the Pixar area

That way, it gets the big part but DCA's is still unqiue

We're definitely hoping for a CARSland at DHS. Since our trip in July we don't go more than probably 3 days now without DS5 saying he wants to go back to Radiator Springs. As a few others have mentioned, we enjoyed our trip to California, but it was quite a bit more expensive than our WDW trips. That said, we're already planning to go back in probably 2 years, but instead of something like a week plus trip we'd take to WDW, it likely will be for 4 or 5 days.

This is some of the best news I have heard in a long time. DHS is due for a re-vamp It is my favorite park but it definitely needs some help. I love Cars so so so much and I love that AoA has a cars area I did my bridal shoot pictures there with the cars for my disney wedding. Also WDWNews today has an interesting article speculating other cool changes to DHS in case you have not read it here is the link: Check it out here

I think in the end what Florida will get is NOT a full blown carsland but just the big draw, Radiator Springs Racers as part of the Pixar area

That way, it gets the big part but DCA's is still unqiue

I feel like "full blown carsland" IS the big draw. RSR is just the one you have to wait in a long line for.

I'm hearing good things about the ride, but I'm hearing great things about the immersive themeing of the entire land.

I feel like "full blown carsland" IS the big draw. RSR is just the one you have to wait in a long line for.

I'm hearing good things about the ride, but I'm hearing great things about the immersive themeing of the entire land.

Absolutely! As DW said, "this is so cool" the first night we were there. DS5 is convinced that all the cars from the movies live there, it's just some were inside while we visited. We had to keep checking back, because he thought for sure if we waited long enough we'd see Sarge and Fillmore at their "houses".

He even wanted to forego the walk back to the hotel one night and just stay at Sally's Cozy Cone with Lightning McQueen (can't say that was such a bad idea, as that night's walk back was brutal after standing in line for the flying tires).

This is some of the best news I have heard in a long time. DHS is due for a re-vamp It is my favorite park but it definitely needs some help. I love Cars so so so much and I love that AoA has a cars area I did my bridal shoot pictures there with the cars for my disney wedding. Also WDWNews today has an interesting article speculating other cool changes to DHS in case you have not read it here is the link: Check it out here

The link you posted is false. The Chinese theater facade is public domain. There aren't any rights for it...

Also there will never be a monsters inc suspended coaster.

Lastly everything mentioned in the article is all the major rumors for the park in the last 10 or so years.

Ok we'll I read that about the Chinese theatre in like 5 other places

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Ok we'll I read that about the Chinese theatre in like 5 other places

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Yeah. So have I. It's not true. We had a very large discussion about it maybe 4-6 months ago. That was just a rumor started about why the hat has yet to be removed.

Not so happy about this. I don't see Cars Land as something with "lasting magic." I said the same thing about it when it was put into motion for DisneyLand. Cars simply is not a movie that is going to have much appeal 15-20 years from now and I see this as something else that will be removed and re-done in the future.

I would have loved to have seen something done with a full theme from some of Disney's more proven long term films or like others have said, an entire PIXAR land.

I know this is not definite, but still not so great in my opinion.

Things that deserve a bigger area (not necessarily an entire land):

- Alice in Wonderland. Seriously...who would not visit Wonderland!
- Aladdin
- Nightmare Before Christmas

Even Disney's own website states that "Cars" was not a top 30 Disney movie. IMDB has it outside of the top 50 Disney movies.

Young kids may enjoy it now...but, in my opinion...no proven staying power and a bad idea.

Yeah. So have I. It's not true. We had a very large discussion about it maybe 4-6 months ago. That was just a rumor started about why the hat has yet to be removed.

The theater was built in 1927 and predates the copyright law that would/might prevent Disney from using it's image. The architecture changes to copyright law, which began in 1976, didn't become fully realized until 1989.

I'm pretty sure the effective date was 1990 (as in any building built AFTER 1990 is covered), but it could have been 1985...I can't remember for sure. It was, definitely, after 1927.

http://www.yesterland.com/removehat.html

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter