Destination D23 11/19-21 2021

Same here. I've been to all the prior destination d events and have sometimes added tickets a couple of days before the event. Oh well, I guess I can cancel my rack rate hotel room.

Wow, I guess we were lucky - started refreshing at 11:59 Central time, hit Buy Tickets as soon as the button came up, was in queue about 14 minutes before our turn came. By then the Preferred seating was sold out but we wanted General seating anyway. Then we did try to book a room, just to see how much, but no matter what dates we put in (tried just for Sun. night, then for Fri. through Sun. night, then Thurs.-Sun., then Mon.-Sun.), it said it couldn't find anything. So I guess the rooms were already sold out? We had a timeshare already booked for Nov. 14-21, now booked Sunday night at one of the Flamingo Crossings hotels but hope to get a DVC studio for that Sunday night.

I just noticed they sent out a Tickets are on sale now email at 12:10. You had no chance at tickets if you entered the queue at 12:10

Is seating very limited, or is there a lot of pent-up demand or something? I was able to get our 2 tickets right at 1 pm.
Wow, I guess we were lucky - started refreshing at 11:59 Central time, hit Buy Tickets as soon as the button came up, was in queue about 14 minutes before our turn came. By then the Preferred seating was sold out but we wanted General seating anyway. Then we did try to book a room, just to see how much, but no matter what dates we put in (tried just for Sun. night, then for Fri. through Sun. night, then Thurs.-Sun., then Mon.-Sun.), it said it couldn't find anything. So I guess the rooms were already sold out? We had a timeshare already booked for Nov. 14-21, now booked Sunday night at one of the Flamingo Crossings hotels but hope to get a DVC studio for that Sunday night.
That Sunday night is available at all three of the hotels, by the way.

Very lucky to get tickets but hotel situation disappointing. Looks like you couldn’t access for awhile and then when you could hard to get 3 nights.

Very lucky to get tickets but hotel situation disappointing. Looks like you couldn’t access for awhile and then when you could hard to get 3 nights.
Yeah, same. They did say hotels would be "extremely limited," how annoying. We have VGF booked with DVC Nov 17-20 but needed the last night of the 20th (flight leaves evening of 21st). Was able to get Coronado for that night, at least, but would have loved to stay at the Contemporary (never have!)

I wonder if some people will cancel their tickets (not sure if it's possible) given the inability to get discounted hotel rooms. That might free up a little bit of inventory.

Is seating very limited, or is there a lot of pent-up demand or something? I was able to get our 2 tickets right at 1 pm.

That Sunday night is available at all three of the hotels, by the way.
Yes - a few minutes after I wrote that, I clicked on the link in the email again, filled out the dates etc. and got results. CR was full already, but we booked CSR for $190 for the one night. GF was still available but way too expensive for us! So we are set!

Now hoping to get the actual schedule soon.

Can anyone tell me if it’s normal for tickets to sell out so fast? I’m actually staying at BLT during the event and then purposely signed up for D23 membership thinking I should take advantage since I’ll already be there and at the ideal hotel too but sadly, all tickets sold out. Now I’m regretting the membership but wanted to know if there’s usually more availability for the event or if it’s usually a luck thing to score tickets?

Can anyone tell me if it’s normal for tickets to sell out so fast? I’m actually staying at BLT during the event and then purposely signed up for D23 membership thinking I should take advantage since I’ll already be there and at the ideal hotel too but sadly, all tickets sold out. Now I’m regretting the membership but wanted to know if there’s usually more availability for the event or if it’s usually a luck thing to score tickets?
I was wondering this, too. I think others have said that usually tickets can be had for a few days after the start of sales, at least. I wonder if they're doing a smaller, socially distanced event. Or if it's just a lot of pent up demand.

Most of the smaller events usually go very quickly. I don't remember how fast the last Destination D sold out but it wasn't within minutes like this one. I'm seriously considering not renewing my Charter Membership after this fiasco. I usually only try for one event each year but the availability is always extremely limited for most events so darn near impossible to get. I gave up on the Expo after the second one was worse than the first. Tried canceling the auto renewal on my membership but big surprise the modify/cancel link doesn't work

Yes, I’m also considering canceling my charter membership. This was the event I always went to. The expo is good but this little event is much better IMHO. Although when I saw who the kickoff speaker is that did give me pause.

Having been to the 2019 Expo in Anaheim, remembering how fast tickets for those sessions disappeared, and knowing how much smaller the CR convention center is, we knew these tickets would go very quickly. Pent up demand, last year’s event being canceled, the normal D23 Expo being moved from this year to next, all contributed, I’m sure. Our turn to buy came at around 14 minutes after the queue opened, and we now feel very fortunate!

I was able to get tickets, but not a hotel room. I think they were pretty much already gone.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!